• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 20th November 2015 
    Thanks

is it possible to test peptides for quality

Hey everyone,

I've been thinking about the quality of the peptides i use for a while wondering if they are anything like what they're meant to be. I've got a whole bunch of Melanotan, also some GHRP-2 and CJC-1295/GRF 1-29.

Does anyone have an idea how I could go about getting these tested, if thats even possible.
    Last edited by David; 20th November 2015 at 09:51 AM.
  2. #2 20th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I have heard there are labs in Germany and Switzerland that will do the testing but it is very expensive... I believe the figure for testing was about 400 euros. Unless you can find someone in your own country that has the equipment to do testing on peptides.
  3. #3 20th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I'm also not sure if actually testing peptides for individual use would be cost effective as the only places I know that do it are in Europe also. Even then I'm not sure if they'd take individual orders as I think they're aimed more at the makers of the peptides rather than the user.
  4. #4 26th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I don't know if there's any other way, but I think if you take note of the side effects you are going through and compare them with other people's experiences, I think that would help if what you have is real or not.
  5. #5 29th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I don't know if there's any other way, but I think if you take note of the side effects you are going through and compare them with other people's experiences, I think that would help if what you have is real or not.
    This is also what I would advice. There's really no telling if what you have is the real thing or not unless you try it for yourself. You can also do some testing after to see if it's junk or not.
  6. #6 3rd December 2015 
    Thanks
    Unless you're a chemist I think your search to test would be fruitless. You would need lab materials as well as the knowledge to be able to understand the data you are collecting.
  7. #7 4th December 2015 
    Thanks
    Or you have a friend who is a chemist who can do the testing for you.
  8. #8 8th December 2015 
    Thanks
    How did it go with what you have? Did you try them out? Did you get any confirmation that what you have are legit?
  9. #9 9th December 2015 
    Thanks
    There was a research article out of London that did this using "liquid chromatography with ultra-violet detection (LC-UV) at wavelength 218 nm, and tandem mass spectrometric detection". So unless you have access to one of those I think you're out of luck
  10. #10 9th December 2015 
    Thanks
    The more popular peptides become, the more likely you will be able to eventually test what peptides your taking, but for now, I think that's quite a long way off.
  11. #11 10th December 2015 
    Thanks
    I think the best you can do is make sure you are buying from a reputable dealer. This way you will be assured of good results.
  12. #12 10th December 2015 
    Thanks
    Do you have a friend who works at a university or commercial lab who could run some test? I used to have access to some fairly expensive analytic machines a few years back and I'd help some guys out who'd bought some stuff and needed it checking. The cost is too prohibitive otherwise, and I'd just do as others have said and check your own response and gauge it off that.
  13. #13 10th December 2015 
    Thanks
    Buying from a dealer that you trust and you've used before will certainly help you to monitor what kind of peptides your getting and should in theory mean that you don't have to test the peptides yourself.
  14. #14 10th December 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    Buying from a dealer that you trust and you've used before will certainly help you to monitor what kind of peptides your getting and should in theory mean that you don't have to test the peptides yourself.
    If you don't have any, you can always ask your friends or relatives who their supplies are to make sure you get the real thing.
  15. #15 12th December 2015 
    Thanks
    I'd imagine that's how most people will start off and will buy from certain places due to recommendations. If what's available for others is good enough for them, then as a new user it should be more than good enough for you.
  16. #16 22nd December 2015 
    Thanks
    I support @captainamerica. There is no other way apart from self experience. If you find a certain peptide not matching with your hormones then you can go an extra mile to ask about the experience of other people.
  17. #17 13th January 2016 
    Thanks
    Oh. Great question! I am a long-time peptides user, but haven't even thought about this. Now that a lot of low-quality and fake peptides are being sold, this is a very helpful question.
  18. #18 26th January 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unnamed View Post
    I have heard there are labs in Germany and Switzerland that will do the testing but it is very expensive... I believe the figure for testing was about 400 euros. Unless you can find someone in your own country that has the equipment to do testing on peptides.
    400 euros is quite acceptable. it might be a little expensive, but it is worth it. The problem is I am not from Germany nor from Switzerland. Now, I am starting to envy those who are living in these two countries. Haha
  19. #19 28th January 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unnamed View Post
    So do you really have to go to another country just to get your peptides quality check? I bet there is another way for it. However, even I do not know what is this other way for checking peptides quality.
  20. #20 24th May 2016 
    Thanks
    You can test for peptides, as one user said its rather expensive.
    It involves you sending off your vial(s) to a lab and they will get back to you within some months with a report.

More people here should be doing it over saying stuff like "you can ask other users there experience" - that is a LAUGHABLE way to test the quality of a peptide, everybodies body is different and every batch sent off is different...