• Forum Login or
  • Register

Thread: red welts

1. #1 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks

red welts

IGF-1 LR3 mixed with AA is causing painful red welts at the injection site. Thoughts?
  2. #2 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    Are you diluting the AA with BW? Is this IM or SubQ? How many times has this happened?
  3. #3 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    I used 2ml AA to dilute (for easier measuring) and mix with BW prior to injection. It is sub-q. I'm on day 3 and day 1 spot is pretty bad, day 2 is less bad and todays is a little tender. I have a feeling they will get worse though. For your information I have decided to discontinue.
  4. #4 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alkaline View Post
    I used 2ml AA to dilute (for easier measuring) and mix with BW prior to injection. It is sub-q. I'm on day 3 and day 1 spot is pretty bad, day 2 is less bad and todays is a little tender. I have a feeling they will get worse though. For your information I have decided to discontinue.
    Why mix with BW prior to injecting? Isn't the point of BA to keep bacteria from growing while in storage?

Excuse my lack of knowledge.
  5. #5 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by procent View Post
    Why mix with BW prior to injecting? Isn't the point of BA to keep bacteria from growing while in storage?

Excuse my lack of knowledge.
    Probably to lessen the sting from the AA, which I personally never experienced.
  6. #6 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    It looks like I've used too much AA. As the AA can cause skin irritation? So I should toss out the current mix and start with a new lesser AA mix.
  7. #7 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    Why toss it, if its irritating draw up more sterile water or NACL until it is diluted enough that it doesn't sting. It increases the shot volume but still will deliver the same amount of igf-1 only more comfortably.

Seems like a waste to throw it out IMO.
  8. #8 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    I can't fit anymore in. I draw the igf and fill the rest of the way. No more room in the pin

Besides, it's not an initial discomfort issue. It's a long term issue. I'm ok for the initial dose, and first day. The next day it gets swollen and sore.
  9. #9 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    I can't fit anymore in. I draw the igf and fill the rest of the way. No more room in the pin

Besides, it's not an initial discomfort issue. It's a long term issue. I'm ok for the initial dose, and first day. The next day it gets swollen and sore.
    I'd just use two pins or transfer to a bigger one. A pain but not a waste doesn't matter if its 1/2cc or 5gallons diluted its the same amount of igf1 and its all going to go systemic anyway. But I could see it being aggravating, the waste would bother me more though.
  10. #10 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TikTak View Post
    I'd just use two pins or transfer to a bigger one. A pain but not a waste doesn't matter if its 1/2cc or 5gallons diluted its the same amount of igf1 and its all going to go systemic anyway. But I could see it being aggravating, the waste would bother me more though.
    Hmm it seems like a good idea.
  11. #11 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    It's important to use the right type of acetic acid. Did you use 0.6% Acetic Acid?
  12. #12 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    It's important to use the right type of acetic acid. Did you use 0.6% Acetic Acid?
    I did. I'm curious if this is normal, or my bodies reaction to the AA? Is it possible that too much AA will irritate the skin.

Also, money is not an issue. I have no problem tossing the vial. I have another one.
  13. #13 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    I did. I'm curious if this is normal, or my bodies reaction to the AA? Is it possible that too much AA will irritate the skin.

Also, money is not an issue. I have no problem tossing the vial. I have another one.
    Normal, generally not. You would use a small amount of AA and then draw up the dose and then draw up some BW.

It is highly possible that your IGF-1 was not buffered properly. Not by you but in the salt conversion process.
  14. #14 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Normal, generally not. You would use a small amount of AA and then draw up the dose and then draw up some BW.

It is highly possible that your IGF-1 was not buffered properly. Not by you but in the salt conversion process.
    Thanks for reply.

I guess there's no way to tell if that happened, right?
    Last edited by alkaline; 3rd November 2015 at 12:22 PM.
  15. #15 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    You can try taking an anti-histamine before administration.