• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 28th October 2015 
    Thanks

AAS and pregnancy

I'm left wondering a few things on this subject.

Does the male being on steroids have any chance of harming a conceived child?

Noting that steroids do not alter the males DNA and that's all he is really donating should in itself have answered this question
    BUT
    my question is more that if lowered/weakened sperm count while on cycle can therefore produce a greater chance of a weakened embryo which could lead to either a higher chance of miscarriage or higher chance of birth defects.

Any light that anyone can shed on this would be helpful
  2. #2 28th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I've never heard of this at all, albeit I'm no expert. The only thing I have discovered over the years, as you mentioned, is lower sperm count = decreased chance of impregnating.
  3. #3 28th October 2015 
    Thanks
    There's plenty of cases of men either on cycle or simply on TRT fathering children so it's definatly possible
    BUT as I said I'm left wondering if it raises chances of issues in other areas.
  4. #4 28th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I used to research this topic extensively and answer is definitely no, yes it may be more difficult to conceive, but nothing beyond that.
  5. #5 28th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I would say no. The sperm donates it's DNA to the embryo and that's it. If steroids don't alter DNA then how could it affect the embryo? Reduced sperm count only affects the chance of getting pregnant not the health of the embryo after conception.
  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bro For This Useful Post:

Semin (28th October 2015)

7. #6 29th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    I've never heard of this at all, albeit I'm no expert. The only thing I have discovered over the years, as you mentioned, is lower sperm count = decreased chance of impregnating.
    This is also what I know. If you have lower sperm count, it will be harder to impregnate a woman. However, I know a couple who had difficulties in conceiving a child and after years of trying, they finally did. Unfortunately, the other ear of the child did not develop. So I'm not sure if it was because of the "weak" sperm or it just didn't develop.