• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 24th October 2015 
    Thanks

Freckle Question

People often use MT1 instead of MT2 to eliminate additional freckles.
    However, with both MT1 and MT2 you need sun exposure to gain a tan, meaning that by the pure nature of freckles more will appear anyway.
    So why do people say MT1 will eliminate addition freckles?
  2. #2 24th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolliwobble View Post
    People often use MT1 instead of MT2 to eliminate additional freckles.
    However, with both MT1 and MT2 you need sun exposure to gain a tan, meaning that by the pure nature of freckles more will appear anyway.
    So why do people say MT1 will eliminate addition freckles?
    I don't know who say that, but I think melanotan 1 will not eliminate any freckles, it might make them less visible though. People use melanotan 1 because there are no side effects like freckles, nausea, erections..
  3. #3 24th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I use mt1 for 5 weeks now and I choose for this one because of the less side effects and because some people told me they got more new moles from mt2 then mt1 (they used both).
    For the freckles there isn't any difference with mt1 in my case. They stayed exactly the same. I don't know how this is with mt2, it could also be the same but I havo no idea.
    I already had a lot of moles before starting mt1, but I've got a lot new ones now. I'm thinking of switching to mt2 but the thing that's stopping me is that I'm scared of getting now again really much new moles and that is not what I want.
  4. #4 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chicka View Post
    I don't know who say that, but I think melanotan 1 will not eliminate any freckles, it might make them less visible though. People use melanotan 1 because there are no side effects like freckles, nausea, erections..
    This is true. MT1 or MT2 does not really eliminate your freckles. However, as melanotan improve your skin's condition, it actually makes them less visible. You do not really need to go outside and expose yourself to the sun. You can just choose to use your tanning bed and I am quite pretty sure that it does not cause freckles to pop out.
  5. #5 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    It is true that it lightens your freckles, making them not as visible as before. However, it can't completely get rid of it. Some people often get frustrated with the result since they are expecting that they can now say goodbye to freckles when in fact, it only lightens.
  6. #6 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I know that MT1 and MT2 are both great for making your freckles less visible. They might be able to get rid of the light freckles, but the severe or dark freckles might not be completely gone. So, I can say that it is still effective though it can't make you flawless.
  7. #7 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dseriousone View Post
    I know that MT1 and MT2 are both great for making your freckles less visible. They might be able to get rid of the light freckles, but the severe or dark freckles might not be completely gone. So, I can say that it is still effective though it can't make you flawless.
    You are right! I have used MT2 before for tanning and I really noticed that I was able to lighten my freckles and I love it! When I stopped using MT2, I am more than glad to know that it did not make my freckles become more visible again. The lightening effect is permanent!
  8. #8 30th October 2015 
    Thanks
    What I know is MT2 causes freckles and moles to appear on the skin. Aren't they the side effects when you use MT2?
  9. #9 1st November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arlene_fits_in View Post
    You are right! I have used MT2 before for tanning and I really noticed that I was able to lighten my freckles and I love it! When I stopped using MT2, I am more than glad to know that it did not make my freckles become more visible again. The lightening effect is permanent!
    What do you mean lighten freckles? I thought MT2 + Sun exposure would darken freckles?
  10. #10 1st November 2015 
    Thanks
    I think it might depend somewhat on what you consider freckles. The sort of light freckles across your nose seem to get lighter for some people, but if you get dark freckles they may actually be moles even if they're very small and you may get more of those, or the ones you have may get darker or bigger.

No matter what, I think it's important to realize you may get new dark freckles/moles if you use M2. I've also seen people in this forum who get them with M1 too. It almost makes me wonder if it's more genetic and a matter of degree than a difference between M1 and M2 as far as freckles.

But I've only used M2 so I can't personally comment on M1. I can just say that although I normally only get the type of light freckles you get across your nose, with M2 I got 3 dark spots on my face before I stopped, plus several on my neck, and a handful on other parts of my body. You're welcome to check out my journal to see pics! They're not big, but definitely very noticeable. I just think it's important to realize this is a possibility before starting with Melanotan. I'm hoping mine will fade away over time, but we'll see!
  11. #11 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnTan View Post
    I think it might depend somewhat on what you consider freckles. The sort of light freckles across your nose seem to get lighter for some people, but if you get dark freckles they may actually be moles even if they're very small and you may get more of those, or the ones you have may get darker or bigger.

No matter what, I think it's important to realize you may get new dark freckles/moles if you use M2. I've also seen people in this forum who get them with M1 too. It almost makes me wonder if it's more genetic and a matter of degree than a difference between M1 and M2 as far as freckles.

But I've only used M2 so I can't personally comment on M1. I can just say that although I normally only get the type of light freckles you get across your nose, with M2 I got 3 dark spots on my face before I stopped, plus several on my neck, and a handful on other parts of my body. You're welcome to check out my journal to see pics! They're not big, but definitely very noticeable. I just think it's important to realize this is a possibility before starting with Melanotan. I'm hoping mine will fade away over time, but we'll see!
    I agree with you, genetics may also play a role here, because I've always thought M2 cause freckles and moles to appear, and now, someone is saying that theirs actually lighten when using M2, so it's different for everyone, I guess.
  12. #12 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    M2 + sun will definitely cause freckles and moles to appear, and if they are already there, will make them darker. That's what happens to most people. I guess there are others who are lucky.
  13. #13 29th January 2016 
    Thanks
    I agree with you that people who have freckles problem usually prefer or shift to using mt-1. I do not know why, but according to them, mt-1 lessens unwanted freckles.