• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks

Can peptides alter genetics?

Such as the way your body stores body fat, your muscle to fat set point, the way your body grows news muscle cells, the rate at which your body burns fat and how effeciently, your metabolism and such.
  2. #2 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Such as the way your body stores body fat, your muscle to fat set point, the way your body grows news muscle cells, the rate at which your body burns fat and how effeciently, your metabolism and such.
    These peptides will alter the way your body stores fat, burns fat, the way it grows muscle, and its metabolism. But not at the genetic level.
  3. #3 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    No, peptides cannot alter or change genetics. Peptides only give effects to the person taking them and cannot be passed on.
  4. #4 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Maybe? I don't say that objectively at all I really don't know venom. I can say that I have taken a long break (1 year) from peptides before and noticed subtle positive permanent changes in the way my body stores fat and the way my skin is more resilient in the sun. Placebo? Maybe? Those are the only facts I have...but those are for myself only. No scientific evidence I am using for this.
  5. #5 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    These peptides will alter the way your body stores fat, burns fat, the way it grows muscle, and its metabolism. But not at the genetic level.
    During the time period you are using them you mean? Or are you saying if you have used them for a period 6months, 1year, 2 year, 5 year etc when you stop the effects become permanent as your pituitary will still be sending these troughs or what other method could really be causing this?
  6. #6 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    During the time period you are using them you mean? Or are you saying if you have used them for a period 6months, 1year, 2 year, 5 year etc when you stop the effects become permanent as your pituitary will still be sending these troughs or what other method could really be causing this?
    During the time you are using them. However one could speculate that there would be damage to your systems with long term use. Or no damage at all.
  7. #7 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    It is theorised that due to adipokine signalling changes, the leaner one gets and the longer one maintains that leanness below a certain point, the easier it is to stay lean, i.e. the body alters its set point to a new homeostasis and then attempts to maintain that homeostasis.

However it's just a broscienece theory as far as I understand.
  8. #8 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by strengthinnumbers View Post
    No, peptides cannot alter or change genetics. Peptides only give effects to the person taking them and cannot be passed on.
    I think you misunderstood the question. Of course, the changes you undergo using peptides won't be passed on to your offspring. Anyway, it was an honest mistake
  9. #9 23rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    No. Your genetic code isn't something you alter like that and it is a pretty ridiculous concept to be honest.
  10. #10 24th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by strengthinnumbers View Post
    On point!! The reason why it alters the way your body stores fat and all is because you are using them. If you stop using them, then it will change back to normal. If you give birth, then it is impossible to pass on these "changes" to your offspring.
  11. #11 24th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Peptides aren't able to alter your genetics, and while I'm not an expert inbtge subject, I'm not sure that there is anything that you can take that will be able to do that.
  12. #12 25th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    Peptides aren't able to alter your genetics, and while I'm not an expert inbtge subject, I'm not sure that there is anything that you can take that will be able to do that.
    That is what I am thinking, too. I mean GENETICS can't really be altered by taking anything (I even think any kind of surgery won't also be able to help you change your genetics.) Well, those are just my opinions (confident opinions)
  13. #13 25th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I'm distrustful of genetically modified foods, so I might also be indifferent to peptides. Generally speaking, natural is better when dealing with anything. However, I don't really know how unnatural peptides are. I'm a newbie to the subject.
  14. #14 25th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bodybuilder View Post
    That is what I am thinking, too. I mean GENETICS can't really be altered by taking anything (I even think any kind of surgery won't also be able to help you change your genetics.) Well, those are just my opinions (confident opinions)
    I share your confidence on the subjest to be honest, I mean, if genetics could be altered and modified then I think people would have been already doing it from a long time ago.

Altering your genetics can pave the way for developing your perfect family genes if that was the case and I'm sure that none I'd us can do that, we just have to make the best of what we're born with.
  15. #15 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    If this was in any way possible it would be scary because no-one would know he exact extent of the changes. They could be huge!
  16. #16 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    No. It i impoible for you to alter your genetics. This is the reason why the person needs to continuously use the drug if he does not want to go back to his original muscle development. No wonder why there are people who are already using peptides for more than 20 years already
  17. #17 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    No matter how long you use peptides, once you top using it, then everything goes back to how it used to be. Therefore, it can never ever alter your body system in a genetic way.
  18. #18 27th October 2015 
    Thanks
    No, it can't. As we all know, it is recommended for us to continue the use of peptides if we do not want to lose the improvement of our progress. Once we stop using peptides, then everything goes back to normal. You can stay fit though by tripling your effort in following your diet and workout routine.
  19. #19 27th October 2015 
    Thanks
    There are times when I am not so sure with the things I post here, but for this one, I am more than just 100 percent sure that using peptides for a long time won't alter genetics - NEVER!
  20. #20 28th October 2015 
    Thanks
    No, it doesn't alter genetics, although I believe that if you have stayed in the state where you are now for a very long time, it'll be easier for you to stay leaner and lose fat faster. I think your metabolism becomes better, too.