• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 20th October 2015 
    Thanks

training while sore

If leg day rolls around and you are still sore from last leg day should you take the day off? My split has me hitting legs every 5.5 days, with a quad focus and a ham focus. My hamstrings are still sore, so should I take the day off or go squat?
  2. #2 20th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JSmith View Post
    If leg day rolls around and you are still sore from last leg day should you take the day off? My split has me hitting legs every 5.5 days, with a quad focus and a ham focus. My hamstrings are still sore, so should I take the day off or go squat?
    Squat. If you don't adapt you will never grow.
  3. #3 20th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Keep training.
  4. #4 20th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Keep training because soreness is not a reliable indicator upon which one should base training frequency.
  5. #5 20th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Hello everyone! My name is Jorge Solis. Yes, I think you should because during this period you are actually creating skeletal muscle. This means that your body is undergoing a synthesis of skeletal muscle cells. It is recommended that you rest during this period so that all the nutrients from your intake can aid in this synthetic process. If not, the proteins and minerals would be wasted on new workouts while the muscles would not grow.
  6. #6 21st October 2015 
    Thanks
    I would take a rest preferably a 2 or days but that is my opinion. I find that my strength kicks in after a little rest but don't make it a habit or you will submit.
  7. #7 21st October 2015 
    Thanks
    I think you should squat. That's what training is, right? But if it's really affecting your performance, resting would be okay. A day is enough, I think.
  8. #8 21st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Rest for a day. I used to squat every other day until I got really used to it. Resting is totally fine so you can perform better once you get back.
  9. #9 21st October 2015 
    Thanks
    You should squat. This will make you get used to it and eventually, will make you workout better. It's all in the mind, buddy. Good luck!
  10. #10 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Definitely continue squatting. That's the whole point of training in the gym. So you can get used to it and let your muscles work really hard.
  11. #11 23rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    If your body can still do it, then continue to squat. You'll be able to get used to it faster. But if it's really affecting your performance greatly, resting for a day or two won't hurt.
  12. #12 23rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    There's mixed opinions I think when it comes to training when your sore and it depends on how sore you are and why.

There's a element of truth that training when sore helps relieve the pain and the stiffness, but at the same time if you train when sore there's more of a chance of causing more damage, depending on why you're site in the first place.
  13. #13 23rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    You have to keep in mind to take rest days as well. 1-2 rest days a week is recommended (no more than that.) The rest days are needed for your muscles to rest, repair and grow. You should continue/resume with your squats after your scheduled rest day even when you still feel that your muscles are sore. Your body/muscles will slowly adapt.
  14. #14 23rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Rest days are important but if your still sore after the rest days then it's up to the individual. Carry on as usual or give it another day depending.
  15. #15 24th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I also believe that it relieves the soreness when you continue training, that is, if your body can still take it. Just focus on your goal. Eventually, your body will get used to it. If you want to rest, I think it's best if it's only a day, because it will take longer for your body to adjust to your routine.
  16. #16 24th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda1210 View Post
    I also believe that it relieves the soreness when you continue training, that is, if your body can still take it. Just focus on your goal. Eventually, your body will get used to it. If you want to rest, I think it's best if it's only a day, because it will take longer for your body to adjust to your routine.
    Definitely. Once your body gets used to it, then the pain/soreness starts to fade away. However, a day of rest is also important for muscle development. Good advice! Thanks for sharing this one.Though I already have this in thought, those people who do not know it yet really needs this kind of advice.
  17. #17 24th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Sore muscles should not top you from doing your squats or any other kind of exercise. On the other hand, you should not forget about taking a rest even just once a week. It is also crucial for the development of your muscles!
  18. #18 24th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Its well known that rest days are important and that's when your muscles will recover and become bigger, in the rest days in between training.

Soreness can be trained away on most occasions but there's also a risk of causing more damage so like I said before, it all depends on why they're sore in the first place.
  19. #19 25th October 2015 
    Thanks
    If you don't train your body to get used to the sore, then your muscles will continue to sore. It is best to keep on doing the squats and later on, you will feel no muscle sore or muscle pain anymore. Of course, you also need to give your body a rest sometime, but not specifically when you feel muscle sore. It is up to your training schedule.
  20. #20 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    When I started working out, I felt severe muscle sore and pain the next day. However, that did not prevent me to do my second day of workout. I decided to keep going. If I do not did that, then maybe, I am still not used to working out. Now, I can carry hardcore exercise routines without experiencing muscle sore. Amazing, right?