• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 19th October 2015 
    Thanks

injection question...

OK this might be a dumb question but I have to ask. I find that with diabetic needles after I have drawn my two peptides from two different bottles the pin has dulled enough that when I inject sometimes it's actually hard to penetrate the skin and it's been pretty painful. IS there any such thing as diabetic needles where you can change the pin like that so I inject subq with a sharp new pin?

If these type needles exist can someone shoot me a link to where I can buy some?
  2. #2 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jeyna View Post
    OK this might be a dumb question but I have to ask. I find that with diabetic needles after I have drawn my two peptides from two different bottles the pin has dulled enough that when I inject sometimes it's actually hard to penetrate the skin and it's been pretty painful. IS there any such thing as diabetic needles where you can change the pin like that so I inject subq with a sharp new pin?

If these type needles exist can someone shoot me a link to where I can buy some?
    No they don't exist..
    If you are using a 31 gauge, you may want to consider dropping down to a 30 or 29 gauge to help prevent some of this blunting.
  3. #3 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Another option is to use one needle to draw from your vial and then fill a 2nd needle by removing the plunger (inject into back of 2nd syringe). The needle used to draw from the vial can be used over and over (just wipe with alcohol occasionally).
  4. #4 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    It can't be that bad. Maybe you are pinning in same area too often. Try to rotate the sites a bit more.
  5. #5 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I reuse my pins 5 times at a min. Make sure you allow the alcohol to evaporate off skin before you poke.
  6. #6 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    If you are injecting subcutaneous make sure to really pinch the fatty area and inject into the firmest part. I have found that if you start to feel pain as you touch the skin and start to break it, then there is a nerve there so I pull back and choose another area. A favorite muscle injection site is side delts. They seem to be very receptive to puncture over the years.
  7. #7 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    You just need to get the sweet spot of the vial to avoid blunting the pin. every time I get the sweet spot, injecting is no problem.

I have tried using two pins, one for drawing and another injecting. (removing the plunger and going in from the back) But, every time i have tried to do this the amount I draw from the drawing pin is somehow disappears when i put it in the second pin.

first time I thought I may have inadvertently missed the barrel. the second time i just got 10 units of tap water and then put in the back of another syringe and it only equaled about 3 units. very odd, don’t know what’s happening there, however I’m not willing to risk wasting more peptides again.
  8. #8 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Well hitting the sweet spot of the bottle seems to be my biggest issue it seems every time I start to push the pin in it goes half way then hits a spot that resists I have to push through it then after its in if I let the pin hang upside down from the bottle it doesn't hang straight its all cocked to one side like it hit a wall in the bottle and has the pin bent like a banana.
  9. #9 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Well hitting the sweet spot of the bottle seems to be my biggest issue it seems every time I start to push the pin in it goes half way then hits a spot that resists I have to push through it then after its in if I let the pin hang upside down from the bottle it doesn't hang straight its all cocked to one side like it hit a wall in the bottle and has the pin bent like a banana.
    Remember, you don't have to put the pin the whole way in, afterall you are turning the vial upside down so why don't you let the peptides meet the pin as opposed to the other way round.
  10. #10 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    Remember, you don't have to put the pin the whole way in, afterall you are turning the vial upside down so why don't you let the peptides meet the pin as opposed to the other way round.
    But you can't blunt the shaft only the tip so once the tip is in what difference does it make whether you insert it to the base of the shaft or not?
  11. #11 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Backfilling doesnt work for me. you have the compound at the bottom of your barrel after injecting it in, when you attempt to push the plunger in, the air pocket with disperse the compound out the needle. So, you try to turn if over to allow the fluid to flow back from the tip before inserting the plunger...etc...etc. Too much trouble and I dont like to waste these compounds.
    I tend to insert slowly anyway, so the dull tip is that much more noticable. I suppose you could remove the rubber stopper from that little vial and draw the liquid out that way, but it might lead to contamination due to air borne maladies while its un-corked??? Maybe Im over thinking this, just pinch it up and throw that dart.. lol
  12. #12 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Backfilling doesnt work for me. you have the compound at the bottom of your barrel after injecting it in, when you attempt to push the plunger in, the air pocket with disperse the compound out the needle. So, you try to turn if over to allow the fluid to flow back from the tip before inserting the plunger...etc...etc. Too much trouble and I dont like to waste these compounds.
    I tend to insert slowly anyway, so the dull tip is that much more noticable. I suppose you could remove the rubber stopper from that little vial and draw the liquid out that way, but it might lead to contamination due to air borne maladies while its un-corked??? Maybe Im over thinking this, just pinch it up and throw that dart.. lol
    I had this problem when I first tried back-filling a syringe. To prevent this, I make sure the liquid I'm squirting into the syringe is at the very end of the syringe (the end that the plunger goes in). It means you have to squirt into the syringe very slowly. Then when you insert the plunger, you have a minimal air pocket. If you squirted the liquid into the syringe with a little force, the liquid pools half way up the syringe, then when you put the plunger back in, half your syringe is an air pocket and you can't push the plunger any higher until you get the air pocket out.
  13. #13 20th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Another option is to use one needle to draw from your vial and then fill a 2nd needle by removing the plunger (inject into back of 2nd syringe). The needle used to draw from the vial can be used over and over (just wipe with alcohol occasionally).
    That has got to be some of the worst advice I have ever heard. Sure, go ahead and destroy a sterile injection path. Good idea there. Get the sarcasm? One Syringe per injection. That is how they are designed.