• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eating

1. #1 18th October 2015 
    Thanks

eating

Should you force yourself to eat, or just eat when you are hungry?
    I don't have a huge appetite, and even when I feel some hunger I dont always want to be bothered with eating?

Are there ways to build muscle on lower calorie diets?
  2. #2 18th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I do force feed at times though most of the time I simply dont have to as I can easily hit a decent ammout of calories.

I prefer to bulk up with quite alot of fat then cut it off. I do this for a number of reasons both physical and psychological it is not for everyone though.

a solution to your problem might be to eat more calorie dense food.
  3. #3 18th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm View Post
    I don't have a huge appetite, and even when I feel some hunger I dont always want to be bothered with eating?

Try some digestive enzymes, taken with meals. They will help you digest your food better and you will get more nutrients out of your food.
  4. #4 18th October 2015 
    Thanks

Are you using ghrh/ghrp? Both GHRP6 and GHRP2 have me ravenous in under 5 minutes.
  5. #5 18th October 2015 
    Thanks

That depends on your goals. Are you trying to gain weight or mass? You may have to. You happy where you are , not need then.
    It's about this simple, in order to gain you need about 500 extra calories a day to gain 1 pound of muscle from what it takes you to normally maintain body weight. That is about 3500 extra calories per week. If you don't do that it is going to be very hard to gain any kind of muscle.
  6. #6 18th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johny bravo View Post
    That depends on your goals. Are you trying to gain weight or mass? You may have to. You happy where you are , not need then.
    It's about this simple, in order to gain you need about 500 extra calories a day to gain 1 pound of muscle from what it takes you to normally maintain body weight. That is about 3500 extra calories per week. If you don't do that it is going to be very hard to gain any kind of muscle.
    I want to build as much lean muscle as possible, no fat at all, but on as little calories as possible.

Are there any ways to reduce calories and still build plenty of lean mass, digestive enzymes seem like a good idea?

I use grhp2 3x / day, do you have to eat after taking them, although I usually do sometimes I dont?
  7. #7 18th October 2015 
    Thanks
    A good way to keep the load off the digestive system is to alternate a grain+protein meal with a vegetable/fruit+protien meal throughout the day.

Small, frequent meals (spaced at least ~2hrs apart), using your appetite as a guide. Low intesity cardio is a good way to stimulate appetite.
  8. #8 18th October 2015 
    Thanks
    My appetite was always poor compared to others, now I realise that the kinds of foods I was eating were adding to this problem.

The stereotypical 'oats and rice' BB'ing diet, was VERY wrong for me, irritated my stomach, bloated me, and hindered absorption of other foods.

Try cutting out all grains and casein for a couple of months, I bet it makes a big difference.

Last night for dinner I ate 3 large roasted free range chicken breasts, with 750g of boiled new potatoes.

For me that was a very large meal, and one I'd not have managed to get down a year ago when irritating my stomach with all the wheat etc.
  9. #9 18th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Idealer View Post
    Try some digestive enzymes, taken with meals. They will help you digest your food better and you will get more nutrients out of your food.
    I've used UDO's and the LEF ones, both helped a fair bit.

From my experience, appetite is one of the big genetic advantages people have, the biggest BB'ers (and powerlifters), I've known, (national and world level), all have insane appetites.

As for training on low cals, do as little as you need to in the gym, an abbreviated routine, don't do pointless movements, get in, get out and start the recovery process.

I'm no longer obsessed, or even interested about weight, but if I were I'd eat less at each meal.

Work out what you want to eat per day, split into 6 then eat no more than that mean, even if you are not full, this tends to keep you hungry all day, rather than gorging, then waiting 6hrs to eat again.
  10. #10 18th October 2015 
    Thanks
    obviously seems the body can derive more nutrients from whole food with less calories, and the digestive enzyme idea sounds good, eating small nutrient dense and highly balanced foods frequently even if just a handful of berries and some yogurt.

if one is eating perfectly and exercising why would any fat be deposited?

and if fat is deposited, that is indicative of too many calories, right?
  11. #11 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Porzingis View Post
    A good way to keep the load off the digestive system is to alternate a grain+protein meal with a vegetable/fruit+protien meal throughout the day.

Small, frequent meals (spaced at least ~2hrs apart), using your appetite as a guide. Low intesity cardio is a good way to stimulate appetite.
    Yup. This is what I've been doing. I eat 6 small meals a day.
  12. #12 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I never force myself to each, but there are times when I know I should eat but I am simply not hungry. This could be due to a busy day I am having, or simply feeling full from a previous meal. I don't believe in eating just because I feel I should, because I never want to make myself feel sick. I do, however, assess my day and plan ahead. If I am not hungry but know I will be completing intense tasks later in the day I will consider having a light snack that is filled with the proper nutrition, as well as having readily available healthy snacks on hand in case I all of a sudden get hungry or feel a little light headed from working so hard. I feel that these things are tricky, and it is all about the balancing act.
  13. #13 25th October 2015 
    Thanks

From what I know, you can actually build your muscles even when you are on a low calorie diet. HGH/peptides and maybe HCG can help you with that. However, you should still remember to take sufficient amount of food every day so you can perform your daily tasks well. You don't have to eat a lot though.
  14. #14 25th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnED View Post
    I do force feed at times though most of the time I simply dont have to as I can easily hit a decent ammout of calories.

I prefer to bulk up with quite alot of fat then cut it off. I do this for a number of reasons both physical and psychological it is not for everyone though.

a solution to your problem might be to eat more calorie dense food.
    This is a good plan. It is a lot easier to bulk up when you have quite a lot of fat (not obese level though.) It is also easy to hit the required daily calorie to take (as it is not that much.) I know some people (who already have bulk bodies) only run 500-1,000 calorie a day and 500 calories a day is so easy, man. Lol. If you have problems achieving that, then you certainly need to FORCE yourself to eat if you do not want to be a malnourished one.
  15. #15 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    If you are barely eating on a daily basis, then you should definitely force yourself to consume. There is a minimum calorie recommended for each of us (depending on our goal). The lowest calorie diet I've taken so far is the 500-calorie diet. But now, I am on my 1,200-calorie diet already.
  16. #16 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johny bravo View Post
    Nice advise! This is true. You do not have to force yourself if your main goal is to lose weight since it is much better to take low calories a day to burn fat. However, if you want to gain weight and bulk up, you might need thatextra 500 calorie a day
  17. #17 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I want to build as much lean muscle as possible, no fat at all, but on as little calories as possible.

Are there any ways to reduce calories and still build plenty of lean mass, digestive enzymes seem like a good idea?

I use grhp2 3x / day, do you have to eat after taking them, although I usually do sometimes I dont?
    Then, you have to force yourself to eat if you want to gain weight and bulk up. That is a must. Why don't you try taking supplements that will make your appetite better?
  18. #18 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    While there are some times/goals when we need to reduce our calorie intake, we should not forget that we still need some calories on a daily basis. If we cut off our calorie intake, then it might affect our daily tasks and responsibilities.
  19. #19 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Idealer View Post
    I agree with your suggestion! digestive enzymes really helped my brother when he needs to gain more weight. Well, we have a different problem as I was a little overweight before and he was really underweight.
  20. #20 26th October 2015 
    Thanks

When you are hungry, you do not eat? Honestly, I find you really weird (I am sorry.) But, why would someone not eat when he/she is hungry especially when there is need for him/her to suppress his/her hunger or eating?