• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 15th October 2015 
    Thanks

New face freckles from Melanotan?

I know that Melanotan can cause and/or increase freckles/moles, and I know that most of the time they go back to normal after stopping Melanotan. That being said, since I started Melanotan I got a brand new, big dark freckle right on my nose :/

I've been tanning in a booth and so my body is really tan but my face is a lot lighter. I plan on tanning just my face for a while to try to even things out. I also plan on using a little fake-bake to darken my face a little more on top of my natural tan. It is my hope that tanning my face will help the freckle blend in (I don't mind freckles, but this one is really dark and in the middle of my still-relatively-white face). But I'm not sure, and a little part of me is afraid of taking more Melanotan in case it adds to this one or creates new ones. I'm also afraid that tanning my face might actually make it darker instead of causing it to blend in.

I'm just interested in your experiences with new moles/freckles on Melanotan. Do they bother you or do you embrace them?
    View my Melanotan 2 Journal: http://112.196.20.91/threads/4670-Melanotan-2-Journal-w-Pics
  2. #2 16th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I use melanotan 1 and I've got freckles from myself already before I started with melanotan. They don't darken, they stayed exactly the same. But I've got a lot new moles all over my body and they darken a lot. I also have new moles in my face, and some became darker (really dark) and bigger. I don't really like that, mostly the ones in my face are bothering me, but I hope they also blend a little bit in when I use the tanning beds. I'm dosing really low so I hope I can make my dose higher without existing even more new moles. But yeah it's always better to have moles than being that pale that it seems like I am sick in my opinion.
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to kmela For This Useful Post:

AnnTan (16th October 2015)

4. #3 16th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Wow, that sounds like a reason not to use Melaotan unless you like moles. I have never used this product so I have no experience with this situation. To be honest, I am not that desperate for a tan. I think a good tan can look really good, but I am not that into it that I am going to use artificial means to achieve it. However, I guess it goes with the territory for body builders.
  5. #4 16th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KE Gord View Post
    Wow, that sounds like a reason not to use Melaotan unless you like moles. I have never used this product so I have no experience with this situation. To be honest, I am not that desperate for a tan. I think a good tan can look really good, but I am not that into it that I am going to use artificial means to achieve it. However, I guess it goes with the territory for body builders.
    Melanotan stimulates your body to produce more melanine.

The highest concentration of melanine is in your moles.

This is why people generally don't reccomend "loading" because moles will get darkened before your skin and by quite a lot.
  6. #5 16th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I generally have quite a few moles which makes me reluctant to try Melanotan. As I've read lots of experiences by other people that it does add more freckles or moles. Or can even darken existing ones. I would love to have a tanned, golden skin but I'm hesitant to use Melanotan just for the risk of developing more moles or freckles. I try to embrace my existing ones but sometimes it's hard to. There are some procedures or products that remove moles though, I don't know if they work for freckles.
  7. #6 17th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Actually, I find women with freckles attractive. When you have many freckles and moles, it means your body has more melanin. Looking at the brighter side, this means that you are less prone to skin cancer compared to others.