• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 9th October 2015 
    Thanks

Red freckle/moles

I have been on 250mg/day Melanotan for 5 days and so far I've been very pleased that I'm already getting color.

However, I'm a little concerned that I noticed a two tiny new freckles/moles today and they are red. I naturally have two other moles that are a similar color, but those ones stick out a little, while these new ones are flat against the skin like a freckle. They almost look like mini blood blisters. I also have regular brown freckles but I haven't noticed any new ones of those yet.

Natural red mole - sticks out a little

old-red-freckle.jpg

Newly appeared red freckle - flat against the skin

red-freckle.jpg

I'm not that concerned because they are very small and the new ones do look like the same color as other ones I have, but I'm definitely keeping an eye out!

Has anyone ever had new red freckles appear?
  2. #2 10th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Are you using 0.25mg a day? I just did some research and found that red moles are most often not real moles, but instead are cherry hemangiomas. This is a small non-cancerous, red purple on the skin that is usually seen in older adults. It is formed from an overgrowth of small veins. Hopefully someone can get here with more info or personal experience.
  3. #3 10th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I suppose those small black spots are not dangerous either
  4. #4 10th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Hi! I have read that using Melanotan can darken previous freckles. It can also produce more freckles in people. But it does go away when you stop using the Melanotan. However, what you're describing and based on your pictures, that looks more like a petechiae. Petechia is a minor bleeding in capillary blood vessels which you see as a red spot in the skin. Maybe some other condition has to do with it, and not necessarily with the Melanotan. As there is no study indicating the connection of petechiae with Melanotan use. So I think if you are really concerned, it's best to consult a physician for it.
  5. #5 10th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Semin View Post
    Are you using 0.25mg a day? I just did some research and found that red moles are most often not real moles, but instead are cherry hemangiomas. This is a small non-cancerous, red purple on the skin that is usually seen in older adults. It is formed from an overgrowth of small veins. Hopefully someone can get here with more info or personal experience.
    Yes, on 0.25mcg a day. I noticed that they seem less red today and more brown. Could just be my imagination though. I looked up cherry hemangiomas and that's exactly what they look like! I'll keep an eye out them but I feel even less worried now!
  6. #6 11th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by briannagodess View Post
    However, what you're describing and based on your pictures, that looks more like a petechiae. Petechia is a minor bleeding in capillary blood vessels which you see as a red spot in the skin. Maybe some other condition has to do with it, and not necessarily with the Melanotan.
    I looked up a bit more about petechiae, and I think that actually may be what it is, at least the two new ones. I am on a prescription medication so it's possible that that might be related. I have no other symptoms. It's interesting I got a new one right after starting Melanotan but that doesn't necessarily mean anything since I also have ones from before. I read that straining can cause them, and I did exercise quite heavily the day before I saw them. They already sort of look like they're fading, which is what a petechiae would do if it was caused by straining since it's essentially a little bruise. If they go away on their own I'm not going to worry about it.
    View my Melanotan 2 Journal: http://112.196.20.91/threads/4670-Melanotan-2-Journal-w-Pics
  7. #7 15th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Just in case anyone is interested, these two red spots faded away on their own, just like regular bruises. I don't think they actually had anything to do with the Melanotan, and probably had more to do with the lower body workout I did the day before starting.
    View my Melanotan 2 Journal: http://112.196.20.91/threads/4670-Melanotan-2-Journal-w-Pics
  8. #8 15th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Thanks for the update. There's a lot of threads on here and people ask for advice and then three pages of posts later the OP doesn't even come back on, so it's good to know what happened and that it was nothing to worry about.
  9. #9 16th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnTan View Post
    I looked up a bit more about petechiae, and I think that actually may be what it is, at least the two new ones. I am on a prescription medication so it's possible that that might be related. I have no other symptoms. It's interesting I got a new one right after starting Melanotan but that doesn't necessarily mean anything since I also have ones from before. I read that straining can cause them, and I did exercise quite heavily the day before I saw them. They already sort of look like they're fading, which is what a petechiae would do if it was caused by straining since it's essentially a little bruise. If they go away on their own I'm not going to worry about it.
    Hi! Thanks for updating us! Good to know that it's not the Melanotan that is causing them. I get these red spots sometimes too but more when it's warm and hot. It can also be because of your workout, like you said. Glad to know that they're gone now!