• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 6th October 2015 
    Thanks

want to try slin

Anyone ever run insulin? I've used anabolics numerous cycles wanna throw in some insulin. Can get novalog or humalog. I wanna start at 2ius a day and move up from there. what's some tips from you guys?
    Last edited by Unnamed; 6th October 2015 at 03:22 PM.
  2. #2 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unnamed View Post
    Anyone ever run insulin? I've used anabolics numerous cycles wanna throw in some insulin. Can get novalog or humalog. I wanna start at 2ius a day and move up from there. what's some tips from you guys?
    For size I would use some IU's w/ my post workout meal but again it depends on your carb intake.. Heard also some crazy theories about using it in the morning with empty stomach along with high doses of BCAA before your cardio for fat burning purposes, but not many peaople can handle that huge drop of blood sugar..
  3. #3 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Just watch out mate, insulin can be deadly if not used properly. Just watch out who is giving you advice.
  4. #4 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    What experience do you have with carbs and insulin? Do you know what you should take and at what time? What kind of carbs? Watch out its deadly, its not a joke I've seen many dies from it. If you dont know all those then never try it and never listen to anyone who just tells you to eat after it.
  5. #5 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
    Just watch out mate, insulin can be deadly if not used properly. Just watch out who is giving you advice.
    Also how much time it acts in the body, checking your blood sugar so you don't go hypo, several things to keep in mind.
  6. #6 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Yes checking your blood sugar with a glucose meter in morning and regulating is huge as well as making sure you intake proper amounts of carbs after slin and proper meals after as well. Was thinking about just post workout at about 5iu maybe working up to 10iu and only going 4 weeks on 12 off.
  7. #7 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Yes checking your blood sugar with a glucose meter in morning and regulating is huge as well as making sure you intake proper amounts of carbs after slin and proper meals after as well. Was thinking about just post workout at about 5iu maybe working up to 10iu and only going 4 weeks on 12 off.
    4 weeks on straight might make troubles and make you diabetes, you need to take not more than 3 or 4 times a week max. Beside after the injection wait 5 min and take your shake that have simple sugars and after that take a meal and do not exceed 7 iu that is all you need to grow, more make you more close to danger and death.
  8. #8 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I'm diabetic and make sure you check blood sugar levels. Too much can cause hypoglycemia, then coma then death. Also there are long acting insulin I see on my supplys site (Lantus) and short acting (Novorapid).
  9. #9 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    General good base is 10-15 carbohydrates per iu insulin. I'd start low like you mentioned and probably only post workout for now to see how you respond to it. Empty stomach in morning is great for building mass (not always cleanest) but dangerous if you don't know your carb/insulin ratio for yourself.

Stick with short duration, easier to manage for your goals.
  10. #10 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I've used ghrp, igf-1, hgh and others peptides before. I was going to use post workout 3-4x a week no more than 4 weeks on.
  11. #11 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I've used ghrp, igf-1, hgh and others peptides before. I was going to use post workout 3-4x a week no more than 4 weeks on.
    But not insulin. It's a dangerous and potent anabolic. The most potent in the anabolic world. Don't assume it's "like" any other substance. It's not. It can and will kill you if used incorrectly.
  12. #12 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Use at least 10gram of carbs (vitargo/dextrose/maltodextrin/jasmine rice) w/ every IU of insulin and you are pretty much safe..(gonna fat you up tho) unless you can't recognise low blood sugar symptoms there is not much danger.. media made it a big deal and since then every gym rat thinks that some slin will drive you to coma..
  13. #13 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by procent View Post
    Use at least 10gram of carbs (vitargo/dextrose/maltodextrin/jasmine rice) w/ every IU of insulin and you are pretty much safe..(gonna fat you up tho) unless you can't recognise low blood sugar symptoms there is not much danger.. media made it a big deal and since then every gym rat thinks that some slin will drive you to coma..
    Because it can and will if you don't treat insulin with respect. Each person is different. Each person has a different sensitivity to insulin. Some have high sensitivity and some have low sensitivity.
  14. #14 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I definitely recognize the symptoms of hypo so basically just trying to dial up a proper dose. Should I start at 2 iu's, build up each week or just start and stay around 5 iu's.
  15. #15 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I definitely recognize the symptoms of hypo so basically just trying to dial up a proper dose. Should I start at 2 iu's, build up each week or just start and stay around 5 iu's.
    No worries... Stress and alcohol can prevent one from noticing the signs sometimes tho in my experience a feeling of "nervousness /buterflies in stomach area" is my warning sign. I suspect its my liver releasing glycogen stores to combat low blood sugar. Also watch for night hypos due to deplected glycogen stores in the muscles post a hard workout.
  16. #16 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Using insulin when you don't have a medical need for it is a risk that isn't worth the questionable results. There is no verifiable hard data indicating that it gives an advantage let alone enough of one to outweigh the risk. Worst case scenario with any extended use is coma and death, best case is insulin resistance and resulting long term health issues. Using more insulin than your body needs in the hope of gaining something from it's anabolic characteristics is more likely to just disrupt the bodies ability to utilize and regulate insulin.
    Last edited by nytegeek; 6th October 2015 at 09:52 PM.
  17. #17 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I forgot to mention that just calling it Slin instead of insulin shows a complete lack of understanding of the real dangers or proper uses of it. I know that if you are coming here to ask about it you probably don't want to hear what I have said, but I'm not going to candy coat it for people or ignore the fact that it is counterproductive to use it in this manner.

I'm not an anti-peptide kind of person. I know that there are off label and research uses for all sorts of things. I just happen to know a good deal about insulin and know that in this particular case that it has no place as a booster for bodybuilding. There are plenty of ways to manipulate how a healthy non-diabetic body handles carbs and protein without abusing insulin.
    Last edited by nytegeek; 7th October 2015 at 02:40 AM.
  18. #18 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    2iu's and build per day or 2. Be conscious after doing back or leg day. Those are the days you are most depleted and more susceptible to hypo. I did 2iu's and worked up per day by 1iu. I ALWAYS had the equivalence of double the amount of carbs needed. If you are low on carbs to begin the workout with then take the insulin and it hits you harder than you previously, remember that. Yeah. Have extra on hand measured out so you know your sensitivity.
  19. #19 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Fotrunately I wake up when having night hypos. It's usually a sweat bath! I just have some glucose sweets near to hand. I've only come close to passing out once in 10 years during the night. I made it to the sugar with bad double vision and mega confusion. I remember photographing the food I was to take to show someone how I managed the situation rather than getting the food down me. I was so out of it.
  20. #20 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    It is definitely something you have to respect and NEVER underestimate it. I once saw a friend of mine us a fast acting slin with his noon meal and then watched him drink a carb/protein shake in the appropriate amount of time after to cover the second peak (which is usually very very minor but still an opportune time to feed) so long story short he had everything all set up had been going through the motions and doing so successfully for a week or two then all of a sudden BAM!!! My man was on his hands and knees crawling in sloooowmotion looting sweat and begging for his lunch cooler... well the cooler was on the work truck and the boss just ran out to get material. Long story longer we got the boss back on the job(we explained and he is cool with it). I watched my friend INHALE food (slammed like 3 big Gatorade's, 80 grams protein, 2 bannanas , bunch of cookies ect ect. He was literally EATING FOR HIS LIFE! Right in front of my face, it was a real wakeup call for everyone. He never used slin again after that.