• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 6th October 2015 
    Thanks

Buying Syringes for Melanotan Guide

When I was getting started I was so confused about buying syringes. I got a lot of help from others in this forum and I wanted to put it all here for my reference, and possibly for anyone else that might be confused.

You’re looking for disposable insulin syringes. These are so cheap there’s no point not to get a bunch of them so you never have to reuse, share, use expired syringes, etc. You can get 100 for as cheap as $15, which would last more than 3 months even if you dosed every day.

There’s 3 numbers when it comes to purchasing syringes:

Gauge

You have the option of 28, 29, 30 and 31 gauge needles. The higher numbers mean smaller width. So to minimize pain you want the highest gauge needle available, in this case 31g.

CC / ML

The next number measures how much liquid the syringe will hold. 1 CC is equal to a cubic centimeter, or 1 ml. In America the syringes will be measured in CC's, but if you're buying them in Europe (and most places), they'll be measured in ml. For example 3/10 CC would be 0.3ml, and 1/2cc would be 0.5ml, etc.

You want a relatively smaller size because it helps you measure the small doses needed for melanotan. Because of the doses we're using, 1/2cc (0.5ml) or 1cc (1 ml) sized syringes would probably be best so you can easily measure out ½ - 2 ml.

I got 3/10cc as it’s the smallest and thought it'd be less intimidating but I didn’t fully understand it can only hold 0.3 ml at a time, which means that it's a huge pain to measure out 1 ml for reconstitution! Next time I'll probably get 1/2cc (0.5ml) size.

Length of Needle

The last number is the length of the needle. When searching for syringes you want a shorter needle (no need to for a long needle with melanotan). The epidermal layer, and subcutaneous space (where you're aiming for) are around 6mm deep, so as low as 5/16" (8mm) needles are fine if you're inserting all the way. You have the option of 1/2” (12.7mm) but I chose the smaller 5/16” (8mm) length needle since it’s the least scary looking.

Summary:

Next time I think I'd get these:

31G 1/2cc 5/16" Disposable Syringes <--- America
    31G 0.5ml 8mm Disposable Syringes <--- Everywhere else

Am I missing anything? Does anyone have anything to add?

Edit: Added extra information provided by Peptide Guru about sizes outside of America.
    Last edited by AnnTan; 8th October 2015 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Updated information from Peptide Guru about sizes outside the US
  2. #2 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    All looks pretty good, and well laid out!

One thing to mention for those outside of america;

CC just means cubic centimeter, or c³ - which is identical to ml (as you said).
    If you're buying them in in Europe, and most places, they'll be measured in ml. 3/10cc is just 0.3ml, 1/2cc is 0.5ml.

Needle lengths come in 8mm (5/16"), or 12.7mm (1/2"). The epidermal layer, and subcutaneous space (where you're aiming for) are around 6mm deep, so as Ann said 8mm (5/16") needles are fine if you're inserting all the way.
  3. #3 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I think a lot of people will get put off using MT because they don't like the idea of injecting themselves, but the way I looked at it, was if I was diabetic I'd have to inject so using a syringe to inject MT is not that much different.

Think of it as necessary evil, and after a few times you just do it on autopilot, and it becomes part of your routine. The OP will also put people's mind at rest also.
  4. #4 8th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peptideguru View Post
    All looks pretty good, and well laid out!

One thing to mention for those outside of america;

CC just means cubic centimeter, or c³ - which is identical to ml (as you said).
    If you're buying them in in Europe, and most places, they'll be measured in ml. 3/10cc is just 0.3ml, 1/2cc is 0.5ml.

Needle lengths come in 8mm (5/16"), or 12.7mm (1/2"). The epidermal layer, and subcutaneous space (where you're aiming for) are around 6mm deep, so as Ann said 8mm (5/16") needles are fine if you're inserting all the way.
    I updated the original post with your info, thank you!
  5. #5 8th October 2015 
    Thanks
    In the USA availability of insulin syringes will depend on local law and retail policies. For example, in my state you can not buy an entire box without a valid prescription specifically for the syringes. Even if you are diabetic. At best they will sell you one bag of 10 syringes out of the box and only if you have a prescription on file for insulin or some other proof that you are diabetic or have a disease and medication that requires the syringes for treatment. If you want more you have to produce a prescription for the syringes.
  6. #6 8th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nytegeek View Post
    In the USA availability of insulin syringes will depend on local law and retail policies. For example, in my state you can not buy an entire box without a valid prescription specifically for the syringes. Even if you are diabetic. At best they will sell you one bag of 10 syringes out of the box and only if you have a prescription on file for insulin or some other proof that you are diabetic or have a disease and medication that requires the syringes for treatment. If you want more you have to produce a prescription for the syringes.
    There appears to be several websites online that will send you diabetic supplies without specifically asking for a prescription. At least, that's how I got my syringes and bacteriostatic water.