• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: illness

1. #1 29th September 2015 
    Thanks

illness

So I've been sick yesterday and today. Haven't thrown up but couldn't eat anything yesterday or even drink real fluids. I only took around 800 calories yesterday and lost about 3kg ( I know a lot must have been water weight too). Trying to get myself to a surplus today but doubt it. Should I expect anything major as far as a decrease in strength?
  2. #2 29th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Just eat as much as possible. Drink Gatorade = calories and carbs. Just get nutrition in. Lots of vitamin C and double up multi vitamins to 2 per day. Drink water, gatorade, hot teas.
  3. #3 29th September 2015 
    Thanks
    I have flu too and went to gym yesterday and did a great back workout, sweating like pig and a great pump.
    Also nose air channel opened up and I COULD BREATHE..
  4. #4 29th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Just eat as much as possible. Drink Gatorade = calories and carbs. Just get nutrition in. Lots of vitamin C and double up multi vitamins to 2 per day. Drink water, gatorade, hot teas.
    Yeah get tons of vitamin C. Its honestly the best thing. I do 10 grams a day when sick. And drink alot of water.
  5. #5 29th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Idealer View Post
    I have flu too and went to gym yesterday and did a great back workout, sweating like pig and a great pump.
    Also nose air channel opened up and I COULD BREATHE..
    I had whooping cough or something for two weeks, I used to pull and squat 170kg plus for reps, I barely could do a single.
  6. #6 29th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I had whooping cough or something for two weeks, I used to pull and squat 170kg plus for reps, I barely could do a single.
    But that was after two weeks I'm guessing in a caloric deficit the whole time as well?
  7. #7 29th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Idealer View Post
    But that was after two weeks I'm guessing in a caloric deficit the whole time as well?
    I was actually eating on surplus, lots of rice, and I don't eat rice usually. I was throwing up and had diarrhea, also I retain a lot of water due to edema caused by the respiratory infection. This is actually first day I consider I'm recovered. I'm about to go to gym for a squat session.
  8. #8 30th September 2015 
    Thanks
    If you continue to lose appetite, then you'll surely notice a decrease in your strength. What you need to focus now is to get well soon so you can regain your strength. Just force yourself to eat so that you won't lose all your strength and you need the vitamins from the food and water to get better.
  9. #9 30th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Don't wait until you're too weak. If you can still force yourself to use the internet and start this thread, then it means you still have the energy to force yourself to eat and drink. Don't let your energy be drained just because you aren't eating well. If you keep eating despite being sick. you'll surely slowly regain your health.
  10. #10 30th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Losing 3 kg in a day is really too much. But, since you're not eating or drinking anything, it is no longer a surprise. If you continue not to eat or drink anything, then expect to go through much worse problems. You can even suffer from dehydration. That's why you have to force yourself to eat and drink water.
  11. #11 30th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    So I've been sick yesterday and today. Haven't thrown up but couldn't eat anything yesterday or even drink real fluids. I only took around 800 calories yesterday and lost about 3kg ( I know a lot must have been water weight too). Trying to get myself to a surplus today but doubt it. Should I expect anything major as far as a decrease in strength?
    The best thing you can do is to go to a doctor and seek a professional help. Drink your meds. Eat veggies and fruits. Drink water. Force yourself to eat and drink even when you don't really want to as foods and water are your ultimate weapon to fight against your illness. I hope you'll get well soon.
  12. #12 30th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dseriousone View Post
    The best thing you can do is to go to a doctor and seek a professional help. Drink your meds. Eat veggies and fruits. Drink water. Force yourself to eat and drink even when you don't really want to as foods and water are your ultimate weapon to fight against your illness. I hope you'll get well soon.
    Yeah, you're right. He needs to see the doctor and not just stay where he is right now while consulting others online. Also, even when he doesn't have the urge to eat, he needs to eat (good suggestion!). If he doesn't eat, then he won't have the needed vitamins and minerals to keep his body strong even when he's sick.
  13. #13 30th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Why do you have to ask the obvious? If you are that sick and you can barely even eat or drink, then you'll surely loss more energy tomorrow. If you don't want that to happen, take your medicine and eat plenty of vegetables and fruits. Drink a lot of water as well. That's the best way to speed up your recovery.
  14. #14 30th September 2015 
    Thanks
    I'm usually a healthy person, I get a cough or a cold maybe once a year but that's about it.

5 or 6 years ago though I did get the flu, and its the illest I've been in my life. I was that weak and tired I could barely get out of bed, let alone do anything else and I was like that for about 2 week. Every joint of my body was aching and I had no appetite at all. Think I lived off a bottle of water and a tin of soup a day.

There's a BIG difference between having a cold and feeling under the weather to having flu, so for people to say they had flu but managed to go to the gym as normal, tends to suggest to me that it wasn't flu they had at all.

I didn't even have the strength to get my gym bag ready, let alone even go out the house and drive to the gym.
  15. #15 30th September 2015 
    Thanks
    You have to take a rest, dude. Aside from that, it is important to take your medicines. Then, of course, eat healthy meals (don't skip meals no matter how you want to as its nutrients will help you get better). Drink plenty of water.
  16. #16 5th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Yeah, eating and drinking is your best bet. Be careful not to dehydrate or starve yourself.
  17. #17 5th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Keeping hydrated is probably the key, and even if you don't fancy eating anything then at least make sure your body is getting fluids. That's why soup is often mentioned, as it replaces fluids lost but also contains calories as well so it helps to keep strength up.

It's not usually the healthiest but as long as your getting some food in your body it will help.
  18. #18 5th October 2015 
    Thanks
    If we are sick or had a certain illness our immune system is actually weak that is why we should sustain our body the right kind of healthy food and drink in order to recover fast and to regain back our strength and energy.
  19. #19 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    When people are ill, they tend to focus on the wrong things and are more concerned with keeping in their routine of weight loss, calorie control and training (if possible) when really they should just concentrating on getting better again and regaining the strength they will have lost.

When your body as recovered from the illness, that's the time to start repairing any damage that might have been caused.
  20. #20 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I find that fluids help a lot when I am sick. Be it water, fruit juices or even Gatorade. Do not let yourself be dehydrated, drink up more fluids. You can try eating liquid food like porridge, soups or noodles. Anything that can be easily swallowed and digested. Just to have something in your stomach. Try eating a few spoonfuls at a time, do not force it. You will surely get a decrease in strength if you do not eat anything. So be sure to eat even just crackers can help.

Also, try drinking Vitamin C or multivitamins if you're not sick anymore. This way you boost your immune system and you won't get that sick again. Load up on fruits and vegetables to get all the vitamins you need.