• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 22nd September 2015 
    Thanks

What happens if you burn in the loading phase

What happens if you burn in your loading phase of melanotan 1? Do you have to stop injecting until your skin healed or can you just go on with injecting?

Another question.. I am injecting twice a day now, 0,4 mg each time so I take 0,8 mg a day (mt1). Is that okay or is it really necessary to increase to 1 mg a day?
  2. #2 23rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    You can just continue, but you have to avoid UV exposure as of the moment until your burn heals. On the other hand, it is also okay to just discontinue the use and just resume once you are ready to use your tanning booth or stay under the sun for a long time. I think your dose is too low especially you are using mt1 (you can use a lower dose of mt2 since it is stronger than mt1). I guess it will be better if you increase it to at least 1 mg a day.
  3. #3 23rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    I'd stop both while waiting for your body to heal. Melanotan only works when exposed to UV, so using it while not getting UV is just a waste.
  4. #4 23rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    You could contiue, but what’s the point in doing so? Melanotan won’t work if you don’t expose to the sun, so if you’re burned you can’t do this. If I were you I would just stop and wait until my skin has healed perfectly. Also remember that even though you’re taking melanotan this doesn’t mean you’re immune to the sun. When I was injecting I still used a light sunblock, and even though it took me a little longer to get to the color I intended I never burned and my skin was healthy.
  5. #5 23rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    0.8mg daily should be okay if you want to be cautious.

As the others have said, it's best to discontinue use temporarily, as you'll end up either wasting MT1 or damaging your skin further if you expose yourself to additional UV exposure.

A few things to consider next time;
    Wear suncream, either SPF 15 or 30 depending on your skin type, especially when in the beds. If you have burned this time and were in for less than 5-6 minutes, use SPF 30. If you were in for more than that, drop your usage considerably.
    Burning causes the top few layers of skin to 'shed' depending on the severity of the burn. If you have developed a tan at all over the last however long you have been using MT1 - it'll be mostly gone now.
    Remember that slow, steady increase of your tan is what you should be aiming for. If you try to rush it you'll be taking two steps back.
    Lastly, it's the tan you build that protects you from the UV rays - MT1 or 2 will not stop you from burning.
  6. #6 23rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone. And I burn just really fast, if I go under the beds then are most of the time my cheeks and my neck a little bit burned, but not extremely or something, just a little bit. Next time I will make the time little bit shorter.
  7. #7 23rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sun-cream is your best bet.
  8. #8 29th January 2016 
    Thanks
    You can continue injecting, dear. However, for the meantime, you have to keep away from the sunlight or UV. You do not have to avoid it forever - just for the time being when your skin is still burned. You do not want to get burned more by exposing yourself to UV, right?