• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 15th September 2015 
    Thanks

What made you choose between Melanotan 1 and 2?

It seems like Melanotan 1 has fewer side effects but needs to be injected more often and takes longer for your skin to tan. It's also currently being legalized in some countries for certain skin conditions, which means it has a bit of research behind it.

On the flip side Melanotan 2 has more side effects, but works faster. Almost magically fast. It doesn't appear it's currently being studied for possible legalization down the road, so there's less scientific research behind it, but it seems like most people either start with M2 or eventually switch to it.

What made you choose one or the other?
  2. #2 15th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I have never tried mt1, because mt2 is just perfect for me, i don't have any side effects just nice tan For me mt2 seems like an improved version of mt1, so i am not even bothered to try old generation melanotan.
  3. #3 15th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Semin View Post
    I have never tried mt1, because mt2 is just perfect for me, i don't have any side effects just nice tan For me mt2 seems like an improved version of mt1, so i am not even bothered to try old generation melanotan.
    While this is true, I'm not sure if there has been enough research done on it to jump right into it. Are you not worried about any potential side effects that we don't know about yet? I'm sticking to mt1 for now because we don't know enough about mt2
  4. #4 19th September 2015 
    Thanks
    I chose MT-2 because my friends who use MT-2 got better results than those who are using MT-1. As long as I am careful in my dose, I do not fear about side effects. I have been using it for several years already, but I think I am still fine until now.
  5. #5 19th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Personally I know a lot of people that switched from MT-1 to MT-2 for better results and its worked for them and they have no intention of switching back. Why would you? If you find something that works then why change it?

As for the side effects, while I'm not an expert or anything, I'm not aware of any and I've known people to have been taking it for a number of years so I wouldn't worry about it to much.
  6. #6 19th September 2015 
    Thanks
    When people say that M2 works better, do you just mean faster and darker? I've also read some people mention that M1 gives a more natural looking tan. Is that because you just don't get as dark, or is the actual color of the tan different?

My main reason to use melanotan is to get a tan without having to spend much time in the sun and age my skin. If that's my main goal, it almost seems like I should use M2 so I can get a darker tan with less UV exposure than M1.

I just worry about the side effects. M1 seems to have such minimal side effects where M2 reportedly also affects your weight and sex drive. It just makes me wonder what else it's doing to my body...
  7. #7 20th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Katoneal6 View Post
    When people say that M2 works better, do you just mean faster and darker? I've also read some people mention that M1 gives a more natural looking tan. Is that because you just don't get as dark, or is the actual color of the tan different?

My main reason to use melanotan is to get a tan without having to spend much time in the sun and age my skin. If that's my main goal, it almost seems like I should use M2 so I can get a darker tan with less UV exposure than M1.

I just worry about the side effects. M1 seems to have such minimal side effects where M2 reportedly also affects your weight and sex drive. It just makes me wonder what else it's doing to my body...
    I think the satisfaction of the user really depends on their goal. I know people who use MT-1 and they keep on complaining how they were not able to achieve the kind of tan that they have been dreaming of. I think MT-1 is for the people who only plan to tan a little (not too dark) while MT-2 is for those who are really looking forward to go as tan as possible.
  8. #8 29th January 2016 
    Thanks
    I chose melanotan 2 because it is stronger and it gives better tan results. So far, I do not get freckles and moles from it. That is why even after years of using it, I am still loyal and happy with it.