• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Side effects

1. #1 27th August 2015 
    Thanks

Side effects

I am doing a little bit of a research and I need your help, peptides people. I appreciate your responses.

What for you are the top three most common side effects of peptides, based on your (or a friend's) experience? How do you deal with them? What would you recommend to people who are suffering the same effects but do not know how to deal with them?
  2. #2 27th August 2015 
    Thanks
    It actually depends on the peptides that you are taking in. GHRP-6, for instance, may give a man a gynecomastia. Is there a particular peptide you want to research on or just peptides in general? The general idea is to make muscle mass faster compared to the usual laboring at the gym. Hope my answer helps you.
  3. #3 28th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Well, it depends on what type of peptides you are talking about, like what lizknows said. There are gh releasing peptides and collagen producing ones. The most common I know is hair loss, acne outbreak and gynecomastia for men. Some record high blood pressure but it actually depends on how much they are getting.
  4. #4 28th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I have heard of the same side effects as what protozoan enumerated. Some get depressed, too. You also have to tell us what specific peptides are you referring to because there are some that have good side effects like if it is for the skin. As much as possible, it helps avoid wrinkles because of the collagen.
  5. #5 28th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by protozoan View Post
    Well, it depends on what type of peptides you are talking about, like what lizknows said. There are gh releasing peptides and collagen producing ones. The most common I know is hair loss, acne outbreak and gynecomastia for men. Some record high blood pressure but it actually depends on how much they are getting.
    Haven't heard about hair loss from peptides.. Which peptide exactly you are talking about?
  6. #6 2nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    If you google it, hair loss is like a general side effect for any peptide but I have not experienced it. I wish it would never happen to me.

I have heard that any growth hormone peptide would have the side effect, I am not sure what is the specific name of that though.
  7. #7 2nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    I thought it was the opposite??!! Well I am not a pro or anything but I thought that it was effective of thymus peptides for hair loss.
  8. #8 2nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arlene_fits_in View Post
    If you google it, hair loss is like a general side effect for any peptide but I have not experienced it. I wish it would never happen to me.

I have heard that any growth hormone peptide would have the side effect, I am not sure what is the specific name of that though.
    Hi, can you point to article where you red it? It's something new, i have never heard of peptides causing hair loss.
  9. #9 2nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    I think the lady is referring to this: http://goodsports.com.au/resources/articles/performance-and-image-enhancing-drugs/

This is the first thing I found when I searched for: side effects of peptides. But it is talking about steroids and not peptides. From what I know, I usually get tired with peptides, well, that was during the first few months of taking it.
  10. The Following User Says Thank You to uchihasasuke For This Useful Post:

pampamparampam (2nd September 2015)

11. #10 2nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Thanks for the link, uchihasasuke. I am reading at the moment and I think that arlene_fits_in is referring to steroids. I have gotten the water retention issue during the first few months of taking peptides. Hair loss is new to me, too.

OP, how is the research so far? Good luck!
  12. #11 2nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Peptides will not cause hair loss.. Some believe that human growth hormone can actually help treat hair loss.
  13. #12 2nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    I do think that is a strange side effect if you ask me, how could a peptide possible cause hair loss? Hormones most likely will help sure as they are responsible for the hair growth.
  14. #13 16th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Reading back the thread, I have not listed three side effects of peptides. Instead, I only posted one. lol. So, here are my top three common side effects one might probably experience when using peptides:

1.) Acne outbreak (though some actually claim their acne problem got better after using peptides)
    2.) Growth of breasts (this is really not fun for men)
    3.) Water Retention (some users like this side effect)
  15. The Following User Says Thank You to uchihasasuke For This Useful Post:

burner09 (17th September 2015)

16. #14 17th September 2015 
    Thanks
    I will answer this based on what I and my friends experienced. So far, peptides does not really cause too much trouble. Most of the side effects are just minor ones.

1.) Water Retention - this is a common side effects experienced by both hgh and peptides user. This can easily be solved by lowering your dose for several weeks before you get back to your regular dose.

2.) Growing man breasts - my male friends grew some man breasts. They were really furious about it, but they can't help not to use peptides as it is the one helping them achieve that almost-pro-bodybuilder body. Well, they are addicted to building body muscles.

3.) Headaches - there were times when I experienced headaches, but I think those were just when I started using peptides. Now that my body is used to the drugs, I no longer experience this side effect.

So far, no one from my circle of friends (yes, we are all fitness freak) experienced hair loss, but I cannot blame the people claiming that hair loss is a side effect of peptides. It is because there are a lot of articles (from reliable sources) telling that using peptides can actually result to hair loss.
  17. The Following User Says Thank You to strengthinnumbers For This Useful Post:

burner09 (17th September 2015)

18. #15 17th September 2015 
    Thanks
    I know a friend who claimed that hgh caused her to suffer from hair loss (she's not using peptides btw). However, from what I know, the use of peptides and hgh can actually help you improve the number of your body hair, including the hair in your scalp. So, I do not really know what is the truth behind this. Anyway, here are the three most common side effects I noticed:

WATER RETENTION - yes, this is very common!
    TINGLING SENSATION - i do not know why this is not yet stated when it is really common among peptides and hgh users
    TIREDNESS - while peptides can help me be more lively in performing my worout routines and while it speeds up the recovery process of my muscles, i find myself getting easily tired right after my workout routine. This leads me to go to bed earlier than my usual sleeping time.
  19. #16 17th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Man boobs! It is a very common side effect of peptides. Women are lucky that they do not have to worry about this. Well, even with this side effect, I cannot give up peptides as it gives me the body figure that I want. So, what I do is that I just perform exercises for the chest so I can tone it up and make it look manly.
  20. #17 20th September 2015 
    Thanks
    As I was reading the entire thread, one "side effect" (as stated by other users) caught my attention and that is the HAIR LOSS side effect. This is something I do not believe in. As far as I know, peptides even improve your hair. Many women use peptides for the purpose of making their hair and skin much more beautiful. When I researched the internet, yes, I found out that the HAIR LOSS is listed as among the side effects of peptides. Nonetheless, we should not forget the fact that not everything we can find on the internet is reliable.
  21. #18 20th September 2015 
    Thanks
    1.) Man boobs (this is real. some people think it is just an exaggeration, but try putting yourself in our shoes, would you want to grow a pair of boobs when men are not supposed to grow it?)

2.) Headaches (this is usually tolerable, but others experienced severe headaches.)

3.) Finger Numbness (my friend told me that there were times when they didn't feel their fingers at all as it is too numb).

The three are experiences of my friend. I have used hgh but I didn't use it for too long. I am a peptides user though.
  22. #19 21st September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel View Post
    1.) Man boobs (this is real. some people think it is just an exaggeration, but try putting yourself in our shoes, would you want to grow a pair of boobs when men are not supposed to grow it?)
    Yes, prolactin associated gyno is possible.. If you are prone to gyno you probably shouldn't take hgh, peptides. Or you can use drugs that take care of your elevated prolactin levels.
  23. #20 21st September 2015 
    Thanks
    To determine the side effects we need to know the type of peptides you're taking. To get your results faster, you can google the name of the peptides you're using plus side effects. That would give you an idea of what you should expect.