• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 23rd August 2015 
    Thanks

Downsides to peptides?

I've really been wanting to get my girlfriend into peptides recently. I've been using them for the last 3 months, going on 4. I've told her the benefits. She has an issue of thinking short-term though, and doesn't feel I have enough supporting data to back up their usage. Considering I've only used them for one quarter of the year, she may not be wrong! So, I decided to take it a step further. I want to convince her this stuff is safe!

Can you guys help me compile a list of well-known problems you or others around you have experienced while using peptides? I haven't experienced any negatives (yet), but this would be a good list to have. It would make more people aware of any potential problems. And who knows, we may just be able to come up with ways to get around those problems, or cure them altogether.
  2. #2 24th August 2015 
    Thanks
    The main considerations with peptides is that they aren't very well researched and have some conflicting negative side effects. Some research has indicated that peptides may cause cancer, other research has indicated that this is false. I personally say, use them yourself and see what effect they have on your body and decide from there.

Hopefully this helps! Let me know if there are any other questions you have for me that I can help out with.
  3. #3 24th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kirachan View Post
    Some research has indicated that peptides may cause cancer, other research has indicated that this is false..
    Do you have any more information about that? So far I have heard only good things about peptides. TomEthi what peptides you are using?
  4. #4 24th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatJeff View Post
    Do you have any more information about that? So far I have heard only good things about peptides. TomEthi what peptides you are using?
    Currently on HMP: [REMOVED]

Stuff has been good so far.

@Kirachan: I too would like to see a report on that cancer claim. That is...unnerving to say the least.
  5. #5 24th August 2015 
    Thanks
    An update: I got her interested in using some with me. She said she is totally willing to try them for a month. We will go from there!

I'm probably going to be relying on you great people for advice over the next couple of months. I hope there are other people who've been in similar positions as I am right now. The upside to this is of course sharing in a hobby together. The downsides include her withdrawal symptoms (if she does back out), and perhaps the reactions of her friends. I didn't consider it though I think at some point I will need to explain this stuff to them too so they don't get the wrong idea.
  6. #6 25th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I think peoples reaction when you mention them, is probably enough to stop you mentioning them in the first place to be honest. While I'm sure like everybody else's friends, they will ask questions and maybe even be concerned but in my experience, a little white lie doesn't do any harm.

To be honest, people wouldn't ask what pills or medication a person is taking and then give their own opinions on it as if they've all of a sudden become a doctor, so I don't understand why they do it when the word peptide gets mentioned?
  7. #7 26th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Peptides aren't well researched is the issue. Research has shown that peptides may cause cancer, other research has indicated that this is false. Use them at your own risk and if you think it's good for you, you should do it. Good luck with your decision and hope you enjoy your life peptides or not!
  8. #8 26th August 2015 
    Thanks
    There's a few people that have mentioned the cancer aspect of it, but as far as I know I've not seen any research to prove either way that it does or doesn't so until then, I think it's just a mytth, that people have believed.
  9. #9 27th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I appreciate everyone's answers and time, thank you so much!
  10. #10 27th August 2015 
    Thanks
    There are some good things you can get from using peptides but the usual effect is for man growing man boobs. That's what I know.

As for your girlfriend, I hope she also does her research because it would really be helpful for both of you if you do it together.

And yeah, peptides are way cheaper than HGH if that's what you want to hear.
  11. #11 27th August 2015 
    Thanks
    People who use peptides should be aware of a number of negative physical, psychological and behavioural side effects including:
    acne.
    high blood pressure.
    liver and heart problems.
    gynaecomastia (growth of breast tissue)
    hair loss.
    increased aggression and irritability ('roid rage')
    depression.
    Source: Google

You're welcome!
  12. #12 27th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I also agree with kirachan. There really isn't a lot of research. Still, the choice is yours or your girlfriend's.
  13. #13 28th August 2015 
    Thanks
    The mode at which you are putting it Kirachan is not good. Many would not like to risk getting cancer or other harmful side effects. I personally wouldn't. I will however advice people who use peptides that they should do thorough research on them before deciding to use them. If you are not sure then what is the harm of asking out? Your health is your wealth don't risk it.
  14. #14 30th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    There's a few people that have mentioned the cancer aspect of it, but as far as I know I've not seen any research to prove either way that it does or doesn't so until then, I think it's just a mytth, that people have believed.
    Peptides cannot cause cancer. You shouldn't take growth hormone if you have a pre existing cancer because it can accelerate growth of it as it makes every tissue of your body grow!
  15. #15 30th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Studies have shown that Ostarine can cause vision problems.
  16. #16 31st August 2015 
    Thanks
    Might be good if you offer her sources to research on peptides. She will be able to make up her mind after she has all the information she needs. It is better for her to know what she is getting into.
  17. #17 31st August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mickella18 View Post
    People who use peptides should be aware of a number of negative physical, psychological and behavioural side effects including:
    acne.
    high blood pressure.
    liver and heart problems.
    gynaecomastia (growth of breast tissue)
    hair loss.
    increased aggression and irritability ('roid rage')
    depression.
    Source: Google

You're welcome!
    Peptides will not cause hair loss. And they won't cause aggression either.. You can get "roid rage" from steroids that's why it's called "roid". If you don't agree please show us some study or something..
  18. #18 3rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    I know water retention is a side effect. I am not really sure about hair loss as I have read that it is usually the effect when you take anabolic steroids, not peptides. Gyno? It is more on the genes, if I am not mistaken. It has nothing to do with peptides. There were some cases of high blood pressure but it is not usual, as you should have a family history of high blood pressure, just like gynecomastia.
  19. #19 7th September 2015 
    Thanks
    So far, I do not experience any side effect while taking peptides. As what I have heard, peptides are also safer than hgh. Also, it is much more affordable as hgh can usually leave you broken. It's great that you are encouraging your girl to try peptides.
  20. #20 7th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dseriousone View Post
    I know water retention is a side effect. I am not really sure about hair loss as I have read that it is usually the effect when you take anabolic steroids, not peptides. Gyno? It is more on the genes, if I am not mistaken. It has nothing to do with peptides. There were some cases of high blood pressure but it is not usual, as you should have a family history of high blood pressure, just like gynecomastia.
    GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 can raise your prolactin and cortisol levels and cause gynecomastia. If you are gyno prone you best choise is Ipamorelin.