• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 21st August 2015 
    Thanks

What exactly Is the scare behind Melanotan about?

with the recent re-round stories i got thinking.
    Why are people so scared and aggressively against the entire idea of Melanotan?

To me it makes no sense.
    Injections? People inject B vitamins and nobody bats an eyelid.
    Even Steroids get much less of a time.

To most users Mt2 is a safer way to get a tan, and protects people who naturally cannot tan.
    I view Sunbeds as more dangerous personally.

My thoughts are that it is just a mass decades long fear monger of tanning and skin cancer and the sun which is making people hyper afraid of anything like MT2

interested to hear everyone's thoughts
  2. #2 22nd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fabric View Post
    with the recent re-round stories i got thinking.
    Why are people so scared and aggressively against the entire idea of Melanotan?

To me it makes no sense.
    Injections? People inject B vitamins and nobody bats an eyelid.
    Even Steroids get much less of a time.

To most users Mt2 is a safer way to get a tan, and protects people who naturally cannot tan.
    I view Sunbeds as more dangerous personally.

My thoughts are that it is just a mass decades long fear monger of tanning and skin cancer and the sun which is making people hyper afraid of anything like MT2

interested to hear everyone's thoughts
    To expect the FDA to ever embrace a self administered injection that is purely cosmetic is a fantasy.
    Sure there is risk, dirty needles etc, same with B12, Same with tattoos etc.
    It would be nice in that the purity and concentration would be regulated, but also you know then
    it would be prescription only.
    I am the guy that most of the recent fuss is about. (n3glv)
    I never authorized ANY postings of any pictures, either time.
    I did however, since I was 'outed' feel compelled to respond as best I could to legit questions.
    Stopping short of recommending any specific supplier etc.
    As a result of the recent repost on reddit have CBS tv show after me to appear.
    I am 1000% sure that they are going to try and play it as "OMG! Do you have _any idea_ what you are injecting?"
    Yet they are not willing to TEST my current batch! So, not if, but WHEN they ask, I think the answer is "no, but you were
    asked to determine this for me and refused, so do you?"
    Followed by, "All I can say is I have gotten dark as hell and never had a medical issue that could be connected to MT or the
    injections."
    As it stands, they want to fly me across the country and back the next day for ONLY $25 perdium! (Covering hotel and such)
    I have had Barcroft Media waiting to send someone to ME since the first posts! Would save me 10hrs flying time alone!
    If I can get people here (the forum) to calm down and quit BASHING ME for postings that were 100% out of my hands
    I'll keep you informed as to if / when / air date it's going to happen.
    Over the years I have seen LOTS of shilling etc by 'users' on the various forums. If we can hang together maybe we won't hang
    separately!
    Sure I take 2mg per, Sure I get dark beyond most anyone else (except Wolfie007 and Heather Nicole).
    Is this different than the guy with tattoos over 60% of his body or 60mm hoops in his ears and demi horns under his scalp?
    I like being dark, I _love_ being VERY DARK.
    If I were trying to 'pass' for black, I'd have shaved my head and have dark contacts.
    I have never in 4 years lied to anyone about my true race.
    Never had a single negative reaction by the public at large.
    The world may not agree with my choices but please support my right to choose and we'll get along fine.
  3. #3 22nd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Well I guess that it is not fully natural. Or people are not certain of the dose to take. This is the only thing I can figure out. I would think it is actually safer than using a tanning bed or prolonged sun exposure which everyone knows is not safe and can cause problems.
  4. #4 22nd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I still think it's the fear of what they don't know, most journalists will have a quick browse through some new stories, but doubt they'll delve into the labyrinth of the forums - and when they do, they're doing it to sell headlines.
    An unsubstantiated "WOMAN DIES FROM ILLEGAL TANNING DRUG!!!!!" sells much better than "Tens of thousands of people use MT2 daily, nothing bad happens" - which side of the story do you think they'll try cover?

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoNegro View Post
    As it stands, they want to fly me across the country and back the next day for ONLY $25 perdium! (Covering hotel and such)
    I have had Barcroft Media waiting to send someone to ME since the first posts! Would save me 10hrs flying time alone!
    If I can get people here (the forum) to calm down and quit BASHING ME for postings that were 100% out of my hands
    I'll keep you informed as to if / when / air date it's going to happen.
    I don't get why people are bashing you here, as it's clear the popsugar article is to sell their self tanner, and directly abusing your images in the process to do so.
    Although if anything, it just goes to show that it does actually work!

I'd like to know about the interview, although chances are it won't get the best portrayal, it'll be good to have some information coming from the user side, rather than just media fear mongering hype - and you'll be a good experience for that.

PS. $25 is a joke!
  5. #5 22nd August 2015 
    Thanks
    25 is a joke indeed, they probably think: people injecting themselves are fools, so we can fool them around but they're wrong.
    I told a lot of people about melanotan 2 and even when I said it wasn't FDA approved they were like: okay alcohol must be a lot worse, but most of them pull out when they hear about the injection part.
  6. #6 22nd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Djen View Post
    25 is a joke indeed, they probably think: people injecting themselves are fools, so we can fool them around but they're wrong.
    I told a lot of people about melanotan 2 and even when I said it wasn't FDA approved they were like: okay alcohol must be a lot worse, but most of them pull out when they hear about the injection part.
    Thanks, I do think it says volumes that they have no interest in testing a sample vial.
    Ie closed minds about what is truly the quality (or lack) of my supplier.

yes, Woflie and Heather Nicole and myself are extreme examples of, as you say "IT WORKS!"
    I have no uni degree but I am articulate and hopefully can come off as someone who is aware of the risks and has accepted them etc.

At this point I'm doubting it will happen ($$$) at all.
  7. #7 8th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Hey guys, I'm a student journalist working on a story about Melanotan use and I feel like you all have some really valid things to say.
    I would love to have a chat with some of you in more detail so if anyone is interested in being interviewed about it, feel free to contact me. Thanks.
  8. #8 8th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by a_zapp View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a student journalist working on a story about Melanotan use and I feel like you all have some really valid things to say.
    I would love to have a chat with some of you in more detail so if anyone is interested in being interviewed about it, feel free to contact me. Thanks.
    i'm willing to answer a few questions. send me a pm
  9. #9 9th September 2015 
    Thanks
    It is just funny that most people are not educated enough that is why there is a scare about it. Well, there are people who are doing it wrong and then post something in the social media that would trend and make other people conclude that it is indeed a bad stuff. Which is annoying, of course. But what can we do? The net is very powerful, even wikipedia is considered a reliable source... lol
  10. #10 9th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by a_zapp View Post
    You can ask your questions right here in the forum, we will be happy to answer them.
  11. #11 9th September 2015 
    Thanks
    I think there's a lot of rumours and scaremongering that goes on with anythibg that's done or used merely for cosmetic purposes. As soon as anybody even mentions self injecting then people automatically think it can't be good for you or you have some kind of problem, and that's not the case at all.