• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 19th August 2015 
    Thanks

Melanotan is getting some Negative publicity

Not sure if these stories will be limited to a few websites or if they'll actually warrant mainstream news media coverage. The main story seems to be based on a melanotan user we've all come to know over the years regarding his dramatic skin color change as was documented on the old site. It's funny to read the comment sections though. Comments like "no way that's the same guy...so obviously two different people...photoshop makes nothing believable" etc.

My wife sent me the following link about an hour ago.

http://www.popsugar.com/beauty/What-Melanotan-38100884

So i went digging to see if there were other recent stories and sadly there indeed were. Hopefully this doesnt lead to a crackdown on reliable suppliers but i'm thinking i will stock up just in case.
    Meet the man who claims to inject himself with illegal pigment enhancer to go from very pale to super tan
  2. #2 20th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I set up Google alerts to alert me when there are news articles about melanotan. It's funny, there was nothing for months then all of the sudden the last week or two I've gotten a ton. The guy they are talking about has been known for over two years so I don't get why it's a big deal now.
  3. #3 20th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Why are they getting "new info" from old issues? Ahhh, because they are marketing their own skin tanner! The website is paid by advertisers to debunk mt2 so that people would get scared and just buy what they endorse on the website. The products do not work at all! Of course, there would be the question of which one is approved as safe and what not but if they do not know how to use it, then people would definitely be misled. Tsk. Media.
  4. The Following User Says Thank You to bodybuilder For This Useful Post:

Semin (20th August 2015)

5. #4 20th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Yeah, I believe it is a marketing strategy so that instead of people getting real and quick results, they would just choose the ones they are advertising. That's pure business and that site is paid to dig into old stuff that has already rested in some cemetery. They are just desperate because mt2 is getting more popular than what the big companies are producing in the market.
  6. #5 20th August 2015 
    Thanks
    These pictures looks faked... I don't believe you can become so dark from melanotan.. or perhaps he used huge doses. But that guy lips looks much bigger as well
  7. #6 20th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Idealer View Post
    These pictures looks faked... I don't believe you can become so dark from melanotan.. or perhaps he used huge doses. But that guy lips looks much bigger as well

not fake. There are plenty of people who have been told by others that they've gone a bit too far. The old forum had plenty of cases like that. It's shockingly easy to become a tanorexic when given the option to actually get darker after living your entire life looking like you bathed in baby powder.
  8. #7 20th August 2015 
    Thanks
    This guy is coming up again because it was reposted on reddit and made it to the front page a week or so ago, probably sparked more peoples interest again.
  9. #8 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    He has done something wrong that's why it happened to him. It is just a marketing strategy. The article recommended "effective" tanning solutions right below it. Funny. But those products are really shallow ones that don't work at all. Why do people have to do this without investigating when it has been an old issue of overdoing things?
  10. #9 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernomore View Post
    not fake. There are plenty of people who have been told by others that they've gone a bit too far. The old forum had plenty of cases like that. It's shockingly easy to become a tanorexic when given the option to actually get darker after living your entire life looking like you bathed in baby powder.
    Yeah, the pic is legit. The problem though is that the guy in that picture got it all wrong. He is becoming famous again because reddit "revived" the issue and then that pop whatever is giving it too much attention to make it viral and help them sell their sponsors' products. How dare these people!
  11. #10 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    Also the fact that they seem to pay more attention to HIV than to the actual peptide is a bit ridiculous. You can also get HIV from sharing needles after injecting Vitamin B12.
  12. #11 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    Is mostly a repost of the first one in 2013 where it made it to #5 on reddit.
    I consider it worth note that NONE of the new posters have permission to the two new pics (topless shot and green shirt).
    Also I am quite annoyed at thedailymail.com for saying man injects with ILLEGAL DRUG, when it's not illegal in usa where it
    was happening. in AU tanning beds are illegal, he (I) am not there EITHER..
    That's right this is the guy in pics.. formerly That_reddit_guy on melanotanforum.
    I have been contacted by a national TV show about being on the show for interview.
    But a skinhead/neo-nazi site also posted the thing and if someone is at all determined it's not hard to find my STREET ADDESS.
    Don't worry, the fire arms are loaded. And a barrister in UK is looking at suing thedailymail.
  13. #12 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    Or from tattoo gear.
  14. #13 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by click_me View Post
    Yeah, the pic is legit. The problem though is that the guy in that picture got it all wrong. He is becoming famous again because reddit "revived" the issue and then that pop whatever is giving it too much attention to make it viral and help them sell their sponsors' products. How dare these people!
    Worth note that "that guy" (ME) has never posted or authorized posts on reddit about MT.
    I did do an AMA after the fact (and them hacking / crashing my vps webserver)
    So what do _I_ have wrong if it was not by my hand or even permission that MY IMAGES and comments went international?
    Inc the two new pics sent via PM.. the first word _is_ PRIVATE, right?
  15. #14 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    You are saying that I deserve what I get for some 2nd and 3rd and 4th and 5th party posting MY images w/o consulting me
    or obtaining permission?
    F*&K YOU!
  16. #15 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Idealer View Post
    Try again, not fake.
    Also unauthorized.
  17. #16 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    Well it seems like people always have to tear down something that works. I guess that people who are having problems with it are using improper doses of the substance. Usually people who end up having trouble with a substance are mis using it in some way.
  18. #17 22nd August 2015 
    Thanks
    That photo has to be photo-shopped. There's definitely no way that the guy went from being as pale as OpTic NaDeShoT to being as dark as Usain Bolt. His eye colors are completely different in both the pictures as well.
  19. #18 22nd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by click_me View Post
    As opposed to researchpeptides that seems to be the forum behind "melanotanforum" (that is down now.)
    Same messages etc?
    So who is shilling for whom?
  20. #19 22nd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoNegro View Post
    As opposed to researchpeptides that seems to be the forum behind "melanotanforum" (that is down now.)
    Same messages etc?
    So who is shilling for whom?
    ResearchPeptides bought out MelanotanForum for integration into its running bodybuilding peptide side of things.

As with all forum sales, member data, posts and images are all included in the sale.
    I didn't buy it by the way, Semin did - I've just had a bit more info as I spoke to the old admin a lot and had a large presence on the old forum
  21. #20 23rd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Their pw recovery does not work.