• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 17th August 2015 
    Thanks

Tan sans the bed

Is it okay to skip the tanning bed when I take MT2? I am just curious about it but some of my friends look really burned when they get their tan in beds. And that's what worries me a lot. If I take MT2 and get UV from the tanning beds, how long should I be in the bed? Like how many hours and how many times before achieving the "perfect" tan?

Thanks.
  2. #2 17th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm View Post
    Is it okay to skip the tanning bed when I take MT2? I am just curious about it but some of my friends look really burned when they get their tan in beds. And that's what worries me a lot. If I take MT2 and get UV from the tanning beds, how long should I be in the bed? Like how many hours and how many times before achieving the "perfect" tan?

Thanks.
    You still need UV to get tanned. I used to go to sunbed when I first tried melanotan2. I'm skin type 2 and after 60minutes in 1 month period I was very dark. If you think you are getting too dark just stop going to sunbed and lower your dose of MT2
  3. #3 17th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Depending on your type, you should be doing 3/6/9 (or 4/8, or 5/10) minute (depending on your beds) sessions twice a week for 2 - 4 weeks - shorter sessions take longer, and lighter people also take slightly longer to get going.
    Once you reach you desired level after a few weeks you should drop back to once a week to maintain.
    The important thing is to realise you will get a bit darker as you switch over to maintaining - so stop a little before you reach your desired colour.
  4. #4 20th September 2015 
    Thanks
    No. You have to take MT-2 and of course be exposed to UV. Using tan bed is the best way to be exposed to UV as it gives you even tan unlike when you just go sunbathing that usually result to uneven tan. You can just lower the time you spent in tan bed if you do not want to be really dark. Also, lowering the dose of mT-2 you are using is also an option.
  5. #5 21st September 2015 
    Thanks
    You should not skip tanning bed as UV is needed for you to get tan. Melanotan alone won't cause you to tan. it is just a booster that makes it a lot easier for your skin to turn from pale to tan. You should do the tanning twice to thrice a week, but since you don't want to be very dark, twice is enough.

Anyway, you don't stay in tanning beds for HOURS. You can't even stay there for more than 20 minutes without ruining your skin. You should just do it 5 to 10 minutes for every session.
  6. #6 21st September 2015 
    Thanks
    Why would you want to skip the tanning bed? Yes, you can but only if you have another alternate method to expose yourself to UV. If you are planning to go sunbathing, I discourage you. It can give you uneven tan that you won't like.

You can stay in the tanning bed for 5 to 20 minutes. You should make sure to have at least 48 hours gap before you go on with your next tanning bed session. Just like what protozoan stated, you should limit your tanning bed session to thrice a week. If you do not want to be so dark, you can just do once a week or twice a week. It all depends on you.
  7. #7 21st September 2015 
    Thanks
    MT-2 is sposed to be used with a tanning bed rather than be used as a replacement.

A lot of people think the same and that if they take MT-2 then they no longer need to be in the sun or on the sunbed and that's simply not the case. Use both at the same time and enjoy the results.
  8. #8 21st September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    MT-2 is sposed to be used with a tanning bed rather than be used as a replacement.

A lot of people think the same and that if they take MT-2 then they no longer need to be in the sun or on the sunbed and that's simply not the case. Use both at the same time and enjoy the results.
    Indeed. People should learn that MT-2 and other melanotan products are just BOOSTERS. If you do not expose yourself to UV, then there is nothing for the drug to boost. You are just wasting money. Take MT-2 and continue with your tanning bed and other methods of exposing yourself to UV.
  9. #9 21st September 2015 
    Thanks
    If you take MT-2, then you are REQUIRED to use tanning bed. While you can resort to sunbathing, it is not that recommended as it can result to uneven tan unless you can go naked (without bikini or anything). MT-2 is not an alternative for tanning bed. It should supplement tanning bed instead.
  10. #10 21st September 2015 
    Thanks
    The tanning bed and MT-2 together will blow you away with the results, so I definitely wouldn't skip the sessions. I'm not even sure why you'd want to either to be honest, if I didn't go now I'd miss it as it's become part of my weekly routine and I even look forward to it as sad as that might sound!
  11. #11 22nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    No! If you take mt-2, then you should be exposed to UV. Since you are just a beginner, I suggest to try injecting/consuming melanotan only during the days when you plan to stay under the heat of the sun or to use your tanning bed. This will help you save you more money while achieving the perfect tan.
  12. #12 14th January 2016 
    Thanks
    Yes, that is possible. I did that many times already. Don't worry, everything is going to be fine. You will still get some tan, but not as tan as what you usually get when you use the tanning bed.