• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 17th August 2015 
    Thanks

What do you tell people when they ask about your tan?

I was previously type 1 and im constantly getting asked if ive been away on holiday. Im not even that dark

More important is those who have known me a long time, wonder how. Luckily i do work outdoors right now so I use that as a reason, even though it hasn't been all that sunny in England recently.(though I DID acquire it without sunbeds).
    Some of my friends asked if i was spray tanning

I thought it would make an interesting discussion for type 1s. What have you said/how have you dealt with this situation?
  2. The Following User Says Thank You to fabric For This Useful Post:

Semin (19th August 2015)

3. #2 17th August 2015 
    Thanks
    To close friends I just tell the truth that I use melanotan2 injections. But to random people I just say whatever I want, like been to holiday, I've a day job in the sun, I'm going to sunbed..
  4. #3 19th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I tell them I got it from my summer in some tropic island, like BiggYu. Hahaha! My friends know that I am using MT1 so there is no need for me to keep that secret. lol

Type 1 people are easier to burn than tan so even with the slightest exposure, you would become a bit darker. I start by telling them the obvious: there are different skin types and sadly, I have the type that burns easily so just a bit of sun would do the trick. But to achieve the tan I want, I make sure that I am just exposed to the right amount of uv (tried tanning beds a few times, it's okay). It stays for a few months.
  5. The Following User Says Thank You to strengthinnumbers For This Useful Post:

Semin (19th August 2015)

6. #4 19th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by strengthinnumbers View Post
    I tell them I got it from my summer in some tropic island, like BiggYu. Hahaha! My friends know that I am using MT1 so there is no need for me to keep that secret. lol

Type 1 people are easier to burn than tan so even with the slightest exposure, you would become a bit darker. I start by telling them the obvious: there are different skin types and sadly, I have the type that burns easily so just a bit of sun would do the trick. But to achieve the tan I want, I make sure that I am just exposed to the right amount of uv (tried tanning beds a few times, it's okay). It stays for a few months.
    I may share it with some of my closer friends at some point, but i dont see any need to right now. We all have a laugh about me spray tanning right now lol.

I am a type 1 also. I was interested in what you said about it staying for a few months. Is that without additional exposure/injections? Also, does it gradually fade in those few months or does it stay as dark for a few months THEN fade?
  7. #5 30th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I have been using MT2 for a couple years and am also type 1. I usually quit using it in the winter and it fades though very slowly. I notice the tan lines recede but I still stay darker than I did before using the product.
  8. #6 30th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I just say that it's none of their business. I mean: the fact that this question was even asked shows how insecure people having been before M2, what an impact it had on their lives. Most people don't care that much and a simple: I've been working outside will do.
  9. #7 30th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Djen View Post
    I just say that it's none of their business. I mean: the fact that this question was even asked shows how insecure people having been before M2, what an impact it had on their lives. Most people don't care that much and a simple: I've been working outside will do.
    Well I personally do work outside a lot of the time, so it's okay.
    I asked because i wondered what a type 1 who has never tanned with ginger hair, suddenly bumped into people that have known them for their entire life and had a deep tan would say. especially one who lives in sunny old England like myself!!
    People Have asked me. A lot of them. I say i work outside(which is how i have tanned on this stuff lol. Major Tshirt tan!). My hair is not that ginger, it is brown unless I clarify its ginger people dont notice, so people generally buy it.

However, as you said, maybe there isnt all that much to it. from a type 1s perspective who never tans, it seems alien, but to most people who haven't lived that way it probably doesn't seem out of place.
  10. #8 30th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I always run into this situation, but that's only because I grew up in Hawaii. Everyone in Hawaii has a tan so a lot of people will just think that you have been going to the beach.
  11. #9 30th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I would just say " I don't know." Or " I have no idea." That way the question is shut down and they won't keep asking about it.
  12. #10 31st August 2015 
    Thanks
    Feign surprise and get on with other thinngs. Unless it is someone pretty close to me I prefer not to explain. I have been able to discourage several curious ones this way
  13. #11 13th September 2015 
    Thanks
    When it is my family or friends, I share them my method on how to get a nice tan. If they want to have a great tan, then I must help them out. If it is just an acquaintance or a stranger, it depends on the situation. If I can see that they are also eager to get a nice tan, then I also tell them that I use MT-1 and share them some tips on how to get the best out of it.
  14. #12 13th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I don't hide my melanotan use, if someone ask i say as it is, people will judge you no matter what you do, so just fck what they think and do what you want, at the end of the day you look better than them anyway
  15. #13 18th September 2015 
    Thanks
    I am open to my family and closefriends that I am using MT-2 and sunbed. They do not have problem with it. On the other hand, when other people ask about my tan, I just say that sunbathing works great for me. Lol. They do not need to know anything and I do not have to explain myself. Before, I tried telling the truth to an acquaintance and we ended up in a heated debate. Lol.
  16. #14 19th September 2015 
    Thanks
    I don't tell them that I use MT-2. It is difficult to explain what we are using to someone who is not a user and most of all, a close-minded person. However, my partner and some family members know it. I just tell my friends and other people that I got this nice tan from intense sunbathing. Well, it is up to them if they would think if I use sunbed or not lol
  17. #15 26th January 2016 
    Thanks
    I tell them the truth. I am not ashamed of telling them I am an mt-2 user and that I stay under the heat of the sun. In fact, I even encourage them to try mt-2 if they also want to get a nice tan.
  18. #16 28th January 2016 
    Thanks
    I always tell them I use melanotan. I am not ashamed of the truth. They should be the one ashamed of me for not having a great tan. Loljoke. But anyway, I really tell them what is the truth.