• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 13th August 2015 
    Thanks

Waste of dosing?

Is it pointless to dose MT-2 if you're not going to get UV Rays at anytime of the day? I think my regime will consist of about 500mcg every 3 days then go on the tanning beds right after I've pinned and do a stand up for 9 minutes at a time. I'm a skin type 1, never had a tan before will this work? Thank you
  2. #2 13th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You get the biggest benefits by getting UV exposure immediately after dosing, however you are still exposed to minimal UV rays on normal days (even overcast), this can be enough to benefit, even if minor.

You plan sounds good - 9 minutes is a lot to start with on modern beds though, as a type 1.
  3. #3 13th August 2015 
    Thanks
    If you want the full effects of what MT-2 has to offer, you need to get exposure to UV as soon as you can after dosing. Technically you are still exposed to UV rays since even if you do not go outside, but it is very minimal.
  4. #4 16th August 2015 
    Thanks
    that's what I normally do - dose then immediate UV. Tom I don't think there's any point unless you're going tanning. I have a problem I would like to share, my armpits do not tan at all any reason why this is?
  5. #5 16th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MerKz View Post
    that's what I normally do - dose then immediate UV. Tom I don't think there's any point unless you're going tanning. I have a problem I would like to share, my armpits do not tan at all any reason why this is?

It's an area with less melanocytes, as they're naturally covered by your arms, similar deal to your palms just not as pronounced.

You can try leveling it out by using SPF30-50 on your tanned parts and raising your arms when in a tanning bed - it's a little more awkward when you're using natural UV as you can't walk around all day with your arms held high.
    You may also want to chuck an SPF15 on them if they're particularly white to avoid burning.

At the end of the day it's personal preference, most people seeking out MT2 desire a faster tan, so the added tanning on normal days does help, if only minimal.
  6. #6 16th August 2015 
    Thanks
    That would be AWKWARD!..I wouldn't raise my arms in public to get a tan. I'd most probably do that in my garden, problem is the UK have zero sun as you well know.. I'm going to tan everyday for 3-4 weeks I think my body requires a high dosage and I can deal with the sides I don't get any except a facial flush. I think I've wasted about 10mg with virtually no sun in that time have only around 5mg where I've had UV which just isn't enough for a skin type 1. There was a post I read where this guy said he does not burn I'm exactly the same, not even red after a day. I've seen a difference on my face and near my genitals area and my freckles are much darker on my arms which make them look darker also.
  7. #7 17th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MerKz View Post
    That would be AWKWARD!..I wouldn't raise my arms in public to get a tan. I'd most probably do that in my garden, problem is the UK have zero sun as you well know.. I'm going to tan everyday for 3-4 weeks I think my body requires a high dosage and I can deal with the sides I don't get any except a facial flush. I think I've wasted about 10mg with virtually no sun in that time have only around 5mg where I've had UV which just isn't enough for a skin type 1. There was a post I read where this guy said he does not burn I'm exactly the same, not even red after a day. I've seen a difference on my face and near my genitals area and my freckles are much darker on my arms which make them look darker also.

I used to take it the same way. Now i only dose when i know i will be getting sun in the next 2 or 3 days. As it does only last 36 hours in the body. by injecting 0.3mg the night before and before the session you get double dosage.
    As is the case in england i cant really rely on that anymore with our awful august. Lol. especially with work.
    I got very nice results with the above method with not much outside session. less than 5 hours got me a big difference from the start.
  8. #8 17th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I think it should be a balance of both so that you can achieve the tan you want. I am not a tanning bed fan as I want to get it directly from the sun, which is a different topic altogether, but a friend of mine uses MT2 and told me that it would actually be more effective if you get the right UV amount you need. And what's good about it is that you get the tan in equal portions, not in patches.