• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 12th August 2015 
    Thanks

Cheating on HCG Diet

There are moments when I would feel I would just like to sit down and eat those junk food I see at home for my kids. They are very tempting especially when I watch TV and just "busy" myself with being too lazy for the day. Is it okay to give in?
  2. #2 12th August 2015 
    Thanks
    That is when "discipline" kicks in. You really have to discipline if you are under HCG diet. I have read somewhere that you can actually have a cheat day but you have to make sure you will make up for it.

Check out this blog. It was written by a woman but I think she has a point.
  3. #3 12th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I just browsed on it. It is still talking about healthy food like apple. But it contains a lot of sugar and stuff like that. I just want to know if snacking on some Lay's or Ruffles or a celery stick to a Nutella is acceptable. Would a day hurt?
  4. #4 12th August 2015 
    Thanks
    That I am not really sure of. Because the cheats I have read are really more on eating fruits and vegetables so that you won't have that craving like you have now. You can increase your dose if you still feel the same way. I think that way, you would be able to control yourself from cheating. How much hcg do you take?
  5. #5 12th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I take 125 iu a day. I think it is just the average daily dose. Maybe that is why. You mean I have to double it up in a day, right? Would it surely stop my cravings for junk food? I haven't given in yet because I am afraid of the consequences but seeing my son eat like he doesn't care what the world tells him is something. Oh, poor me!
  6. #6 12th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Your intake is actually the basic, from what I read. If you really want to achieve your desired bod, you have to make the sacrifice and leave the junk food to your kids. The HCG diet is a very strict plan, not for the weak. I am not saying that you are but I think click_me's suggestion of you doubling up your dose would help improve your craving. The whole point of the diet program is for you to fast, not to eat fast.
  7. #7 12th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Okay, I will try that. Thank you, captainamerica.

I would also like to know if there is a way I could get a cheaper stash of hcg. I think my supplier is overpricing it. The quality is good, no doubt about it, but I feel like I am paying too much.
  8. #8 12th August 2015 
    Thanks
    It is okay to give in once in a while, but definitely make sure that you keep up with your diet. It is a very discipline demanding diet, so of course you may need to make sure that you do not go too crazy on your cheat days.
  9. #9 13th August 2015 
    Thanks
    The diet works best if you are super strict. I used to remind myself that it was just a few weeks and then I could have anything that I wanted. That said, you can shift around your calories a little bit or on rare occasions and be okay. Have a 100 calorie serving of those chips and skip your breadstick. Put a single 2-tablespoon serving of nutella on a celery stick and skip one of your meats because nutella is a protein and maybe skip a fruit too because it's high sugar. You can have a little but you still have to be disciplined.

Can it hurt to cheat? YES! If you don't think you can stick to the diet strictly or at least keep calories very low, you are better off stopping the hcg and taking a break for a bit than cheating while taking the HCG. When you eat extra calories while taking the HCG, you will see gains like you have never seen before in your life. Seriously. You can put everything you lost back on very quickly.
  10. #10 14th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I agree with Elleni. What is the point in doing all of these when you cannot resist temptation? Nice point about the Nutella, will do that, too. If you cannot discipline yourself, then stop taking HCG. Give in to everything you want and when you think you are ready, go back to the discipline.
  11. #11 17th August 2015 
    Thanks
    No no no! It is never okay to give in to temptation! Settle your priorities first. Do you really want to be healthy and fit? If that is the case, then you really have to follow the strict plan. It is really hard but it takes a lot of courage since you are already in it. Do not burn your cash into something ridiculous. Eating a portion of those junk foods would lead you to craving for more and eventually stopping the regimen altogether. It is hard to burn fats and easier to gain them.
  12. #12 17th August 2015 
    Thanks
    You are just going to fool yourself if you are going to cheat on that strict diet. If you think it is too much for you then find something else. I cannot recommend anything that allows junk food, though, because I have never read of any with such. Good luck to you, bro!
  13. #13 17th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elleni View Post
    The diet works best if you are super strict. I used to remind myself that it was just a few weeks and then I could have anything that I wanted. That said, you can shift around your calories a little bit or on rare occasions and be okay. Have a 100 calorie serving of those chips and skip your breadstick. Put a single 2-tablespoon serving of nutella on a celery stick and skip one of your meats because nutella is a protein and maybe skip a fruit too because it's high sugar. You can have a little but you still have to be disciplined.

Can it hurt to cheat? YES! If you don't think you can stick to the diet strictly or at least keep calories very low, you are better off stopping the hcg and taking a break for a bit than cheating while taking the HCG. When you eat extra calories while taking the HCG, you will see gains like you have never seen before in your life. Seriously. You can put everything you lost back on very quickly.
    what do you mean by saying nutella is a protein?
    Nutellas nutrition on 100g is protein 8g, carb 60g, fat 29... Can't really say it's a protein and you can't swap a meat for nutella..
  14. #14 17th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mystified_gem View Post
    No no no! It is never okay to give in to temptation! Settle your priorities first. Do you really want to be healthy and fit? If that is the case, then you really have to follow the strict plan. It is really hard but it takes a lot of courage since you are already in it. Do not burn your cash into something ridiculous. Eating a portion of those junk foods would lead you to craving for more and eventually stopping the regimen altogether. It is hard to burn fats and easier to gain them.
    If you want to be healthy and fit, then eat healthy food and exercise.. Not look for short cuts like HCG diet
    You will not be healthy when using diet like hcg. Just look on the possible side effects - headache, fatigue, irritability, restlessness, hair loss, depression, and fluid retention. Also very rapid weight loss can increase the chance of developing gallstones..
    There are much safer ways to lose weight
  15. #15 17th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    If you want to be healthy and fit, then eat healthy food and exercise.. Not look for short cuts like HCG diet
    You will not be healthy when using diet like hcg. Just look on the possible side effects - headache, fatigue, irritability, restlessness, hair loss, depression, and fluid retention. Also very rapid weight loss can increase the chance of developing gallstones..
    I have to agree with this. Also if you have a lot of excess weight then you should aim to lose 10-15 pounds a month.. that's if you want flat and healthy looking stomach.
  16. #16 17th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    That many side effects? I would think twice before trying out that diet. But that's your decision.
    And yes JSmith, very rapid weight loss will lead to excess skin problems
  17. #17 19th August 2015 
    Thanks
    If you cannot follow a strict diet, then perhaps it is not for you. My friend loves eating junk foods and just drink protein supplements and workout. He is doing fine, only that he feels like it is hard for him to lose body fats right away. He has to work it out and the effort tires him. He tried cutting on the junk foods (he still eats junk food but not as much as before) and continued with his gym exercises. It worked! I have heard that he is now taking peps, too.
  18. #18 20th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Any body building activity needs discipline and patience. If you really want to achieve what you wanna achieve, you just have to really work it out and be disciplined. Follow all the rules and restrictions so that you can reach your goal. There is always sacrifice and dedication to it. You will not be successful if you give in to temptation all of the time. Good luck!
  19. #19 25th August 2015 
    Thanks
    So your asking if its ok to give in when on a diet? Of course it is. It's your choice what you do and its not as if you're breaking the law or anything. If you want to go back to square one again, and forfeit all the effort you've put in already then there's nothing to stop you.

Maybe just your motivation and pride? The fact you haven't given up and the feeling you've achieved something by not giving in, is probably a better feeling than having junk food and then no doubt feeling guilty.
  20. #20 27th August 2015 
    Thanks
    True. That all boil down to how much discipline you have in your body to contain yourself from being tempted. Remember that how you look right now depended on the years that you have worked hard for. Cheating in any form is cheating and is never good. Stay away from unhealthy stuff and stick to your strict diet.