• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 10th August 2015 
    Thanks

Get HCG, No Breakfast?

My friend, who takes HCG, told me that she doesn't eat breakfast. I told her that it is not healthy because breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Is it true that if you take HCG, you are not allowed to eat in the morning? Please comment on this.
  2. #2 10th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I think your friend misunderstood it. From what I know, breakfast is OPTIONAL. What is not encouraged is having too much solid in the morning, as meat and veggies should be eaten during lunch and dinner. Your friend can drink tea or coffee, or even eat watermelon in the morning, no sugar.
  3. #3 10th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ariel_manalo View Post
    I think your friend misunderstood it. From what I know, breakfast is OPTIONAL. What is not encouraged is having too much solid in the morning, as meat and veggies should be eaten during lunch and dinner. Your friend can drink tea or coffee, or even eat watermelon in the morning, no sugar.
    I get your point. But why? I mean we should have a great start by eating healthy in the morning, right? Can she eat white bread or crackers or something to go with the coffee? Sorry if I sound panicky. I am just worried about my friend and her diet.
  4. #4 10th August 2015 
    Thanks
    ariel_manalo is right, mirandacraig. There is kind of a "rule" that if you are taking hcg, you are not allowed to eat solids before lunch time. Your friend may be already used to it, depending on how long she has been taking hcg. Water with lemon will also help her feel rejuvenated in the morning. You see, there is a diet plan that she has to follow.
  5. #5 10th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Correct. She has to follow a plan if she is serious about it. Some actually take a piece of what their lunch is going to be before lunch time if they go hungry. So let's say it is just 10 am and she is already hungry, she can get a piece of asparagus that she prepared for lunch. It is the discipline, mirandacraig.
  6. #6 10th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Would she feel exhausted right away since she doesn't get the nutrients she needs to boost up the day? Or is it because the hcg still has an effect on her during the morning? I am just curious because I am a huge breakfast advocate. My friend looks good but I think she might collapse for eating nothing in the morning.
  7. #7 10th August 2015 
    Thanks
    If she is following the meal plan wholeheartedly, she will not feel tired when she wakes up. If she is taking the right dose, she is on the right track. However, she might feel lightheaded at some point during the diet plan. This is NORMAL. With the right dose, she will not actually feel hungry because she is burning stored fats.
  8. #8 10th August 2015 
    Thanks
    mirandacraig, click this link. I think this will help you better understand the HCG diet plan. You may also be interested. You can ask your friend. This will also help you avoid eating fatty and "sugary" foods. Discipline is the key. Hope it helps you better understand what your friend is going through.
  9. #9 10th August 2015 
    Thanks
    From what I have heard, the HCG diet plan is very strict. And yes, breakfasts are not included. Even snacks. You are not allowed to eat so much as you would not feel the need anyway. Your body will burn its stored fats to keep you going. Don't worry about your friend. She knows what she is doing.
  10. #10 10th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Don't worry about your friend. She is okay. If she does not follow the regimen, the hcg won't take effect. If what you read is different from what you see, there is probably a different side effect in your friend's body compared to what is generic. There are some things in the net we cannot really rely to as factual. It is more experience-based.
  11. #11 11th August 2015 
    Thanks
    You would only understand your friend if you try it yourself. Check out this link for you to have an idea. As much as possible, eating breakfast and snacks is discouraged as we tend to eat more instead of the discipline the diet program is trying to convey. You would find yourself not liking food most of the time when you are on HCG.
  12. #12 11th August 2015 
    Thanks
    The HCG diet is not the only one that advocates skipping breakfast. I did a few long rounds of HCG diet when I was initially working on weight loss. Most of the time, I felt perfectly normal. Since then, I have spent a lot of time researching intermittent fasting, which often means skipping breakfast.

When your body is in carb-metabolism mode, eating more frequently and not skipping breakfast is VERY important to maintain energy levels. Carb metabolism is a series of blood sugar increases followed by insulin releases and then blood sugar decreases in response. The lower blood sugar triggers tiredness and hunger. When you eat carbs and try to lose weight, you need a consistent calorie deficit to trigger even minor fat burning. Higher levels of insulin (from more carbs to process) inhibit fat burning.

When on the HCG diet (or atkins or primal or one of the other diets that allow intermittent fasting), your body shifts away from carb-metabolism and falls into ketosis - fat burning mode. While in ketosis, insulin levels change very little meaning energy levels are maintained even while fasting. Because you're in fat burning mode, fuel (body fat) is always available. The HCG helps maintain ketosis more easily.

I'm currently using a primal diet and I don't eat at all unless I feel actual physical hunger or during workout recovery. I have lost weight from fat and gained muscle nicely. I am very healthy.
  13. #13 12th August 2015 
    Thanks
    There you go, mirandacraig. You don't need to fret. Thanks for sharing your experience, Elleni. It is good to know that you are healthy. Maybe mirandacraig just got used to the traditional "breakfast is important" thinking.

I want to ask, though: is it okay to fast every other day? Like the whole 24 hours of fast and then go back to regular eating the next day thing.
  14. #14 12th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elleni View Post
    The HCG diet is not the only one that advocates skipping breakfast. I did a few long rounds of HCG diet when I was initially working on weight loss. Most of the time, I felt perfectly normal. Since then, I have spent a lot of time researching intermittent fasting, which often means skipping breakfast.

When your body is in carb-metabolism mode, eating more frequently and not skipping breakfast is VERY important to maintain energy levels. Carb metabolism is a series of blood sugar increases followed by insulin releases and then blood sugar decreases in response. The lower blood sugar triggers tiredness and hunger. When you eat carbs and try to lose weight, you need a consistent calorie deficit to trigger even minor fat burning. Higher levels of insulin (from more carbs to process) inhibit fat burning.

When on the HCG diet (or atkins or primal or one of the other diets that allow intermittent fasting), your body shifts away from carb-metabolism and falls into ketosis - fat burning mode. While in ketosis, insulin levels change very little meaning energy levels are maintained even while fasting. Because you're in fat burning mode, fuel (body fat) is always available. The HCG helps maintain ketosis more easily.

I'm currently using a primal diet and I don't eat at all unless I feel actual physical hunger or during workout recovery. I have lost weight from fat and gained muscle nicely. I am very healthy.
    Thank you for sharing, Elleni! Now, I am convinced that she is doing great! I think I will give this a go, too. If it works for her, it would probably work for me, too.

@mystified_gem, yeah, I think someone already recommended that fasting every other day thing. This is beginning to be really interesting.

Thank you, guys!
  15. #15 12th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I have read it somewhere, too. I just can't remember who recommended it. Anyway, good luck with your new adventure! I hope you and your friend achieve your goals! Enjoy and have a blast!

If you want to combine hcg with other peptides, it is also safe. I have read it on this forum, too. It helps a lot. I saved that chart and will surely consider it sometime soon.
  16. #16 12th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Yeah, I saw that chart, too. Very helpful, really. I will save it when I see it again. By the way, I have sent you a private message. Check it out.

I will talk to my friend later and ask her if she could help me where to buy a good product.
  17. #17 12th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Here is a good chart that shows good peptide combinations
    Green=good combination
    Blue=perfect combination
    Yellow=bad combination
    Red=worst combination
    Attachment 11
    I think this is the chart you girls are talking about. Thanks to Steven. I saw it on the other thread about pt 141.

You are very welcome, ladies. Hope this helps you with your pursuit of combinations. Save it and check out the market. Stay healthy and beautiful!
  18. #18 12th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mirandacraig View Post
    My friend, who takes HCG, told me that she doesn't eat breakfast. I told her that it is not healthy because breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Is it true that if you take HCG, you are not allowed to eat in the morning? Please comment on this.
    You would be shocked because some people do not eat at all, like me and my wife. You gain more gh when you do fasting that is why. There is no harm with that as long as your friend knows what she is doing. Do not worry, as long as the people using hcg are still alive, your friend will stay alive.
  19. #19 12th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burner09 View Post
    You would be shocked because some people do not eat at all, like me and my wife. You gain more gh when you do fasting that is why. There is no harm with that as long as your friend knows what she is doing. Do not worry, as long as the people using hcg are still alive, your friend will stay alive.
    How long you and your wife are fasting?
  20. #20 12th August 2015 
    Thanks
    The HCG diet plan is VERY strict. I do believe that breakfasts are not supposed to be eaten, but I do not think that it will be a problem because of the diet and how it works anyway. Your friend should be completely fine and most likely knows what she is doing!