• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muscle Tear

1. #1 10th August 2015 
    Thanks

Muscle Tear

I tore my leg muscles some time in June. I took Thymosin but I do not think it helped me as I still feel the pain every time I work out. I just got back to the gym last week and I still feel my leg ache but not as intense as it was when I tore the muscles. Can you please help me, guys?
  2. #2 10th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Maybe it is because you already worked out. It is possible that the muscles are still strained. You have to trust the meds first before going back to your usual routine. If not, you can gradually re-introduce your old regimen to your leg muscles. The muscles could have been "shocked."
  3. #3 10th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I agree with amanda1210. It is possible that you strained your leg muscles again. From what I know, you need to rest a muscle tear for at least three months. Just continue taking TB-500, though. I suggest you try your regular gym exercises by October or November just to be sure.
  4. #4 10th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel View Post
    I tore my leg muscles some time in June. I took Thymosin but I do not think it helped me as I still feel the pain every time I work out. I just got back to the gym last week and I still feel my leg ache but not as intense as it was when I tore the muscles. Can you please help me, guys?
    I agree with the ladies. I think you overworked it, dude. Try to stay away from the gym for the mean time but do not stop with the Thymosin until recommended by your physician. Just do simple stretching exercises at home so that your leg muscles. Make sure you don't strain the strain again. It will worsen if you do.
  5. #5 13th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Your leg muscles are probably still strained from when you tore them in June. It might just be because you overworked yourself, so it should not be too big of a deal.
  6. #6 14th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Strain when not treated properly would be a permanent issue. So better have it checked. It may be your kryptonite, manofsteel, so be careful. You have to wait for 3 months to have it totally healed so that you won't experience worse health issues. Always stay safe and avoid the weights for the mean time.
  7. #7 17th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Too early to work out, I must say. Stay away from the gym for a while, buddy. Your muscles are just entitled to be "abused" at some point in time but they also need to relax. Thymosin helps. You and the gym need space. Cool it off. Best of luck!
  8. #8 17th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by walterjames View Post
    Too early to work out, I must say. Stay away from the gym for a while, buddy. Your muscles are just entitled to be "abused" at some point in time but they also need to relax. Thymosin helps. You and the gym need space. Cool it off. Best of luck!
    But he only have leg problem.. I would still go to gym and just skip any leg exercises.
  9. #9 20th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jass View Post
    But he only have leg problem.. I would still go to gym and just skip any leg exercises.
    If he skips leg exercises, it would bring pressure on the legs as they are not being exercised, right? Maybe he can do some activities that are lighter and that would not pressure the strained area like exercises that do not require him to stand up for quite sometime.

Good luck to you, op!
  10. #10 20th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm View Post
    If he skips leg exercises, it would bring pressure on the legs as they are not being exercised, right? Maybe he can do some activities that are lighter and that would not pressure the strained area like exercises that do not require him to stand up for quite sometime.

Good luck to you, op!
    There are alot of guys in my gym who never train legs and they seems to be fine
  11. #11 22nd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Muscles tears can take anywhere upto 6 months to heal depending on the severity of the damage. To be back in the gym doing leg exercises after such a short period of time, tends to suggest that the original injury was a strain rather than an actual tear.

As with any form of exercise if you feel any pain in a specific area then it's best to stop and get a medical opinion or else you'll just make it worse in the long run.
  12. #12 28th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Muscles are very sensitive. when they tear like in your case, you should put a lot of considerations in the advice given to you by the doctors. Do not go back to your normal routine when you are not sure of its healing. Always consult with the meds before deciding to do something that you think might put your muscle at risk again.
  13. #13 30th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Better have this checked as you might have awakened something with the training. Your Doctor is the best person to advice on this.
  14. #14 2nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Yep, that is true, nothing like the advice of a doctor, but depending on the solution the doctor has for us peptides or another alternative can prove of value. Many times a bad diagnose can really mess us up.
  15. #15 15th September 2015 
    Thanks
    I don't think you should over work out the muscles after a recovery or else you risk straining it again. Training after an injury should be like taking baby steps. Don't just jump too far ahead without adjusting.
  16. #16 15th September 2015 
    Thanks
    I think too many people subscribe to the theory no pain, no gain, and it really shouldn't hurt. You can be active, and exert yourself, but over doing and over working muscles and joints, ligaments and tendons can lead to tears and strains. Even stress fractures could result from overdoing it, and who wants that?
  17. #17 15th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel View Post
    You didn't tear up your muscle, first of all. If you had tore it, you would have needed surgery, especially in the quads. It was probably a strain. Where exactly do you still have the pain?
    Last edited by 111kg; 15th September 2015 at 10:28 PM. Reason: bad autocorrect.
  18. #18 15th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 111kg View Post
    You didn't tear up your muscle, first of all. If you had tore it, you would have needed surgery, especially in the quads. It was probably a strain. Where exactly do you still have the pain?
    You can't say that and be correct without knowing more. Needing surgery and getting surgery are not one and the same and there are degrees of severity even with a muscle that has been torn.
  19. #19 16th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Even when you are taking some drugs that can speed up your recovery, you should still not push yourself too hard. If you do that, you will only be suffering from much more damage just like how you ended up. Well, for now, just continue what you are using and refrain from hitting the gym or doing anything heavy. Your figure won't easily be ruined. Don't worry.
  20. #20 22nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Thymosin is advantageous in injury repair and recovery. Consequently, I am wondering why this did not work for you as effectively as expected. If there are improvements in the condition as outlined, then you need to be patient and less eager to put additional strain on the muscles.