• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sports cheats?

1. #1 3rd August 2015 
    Thanks

Sports cheats?

I just came across this interesting article about the use of peptides in sports. The article already has a couple of years, at the same time when we see seizures of over 240% when comparing to last year, should we see this article like if someone has an agenda or is there some truth in this?

Peptides: Inside the secret lives of sport cheats
  2. #2 3rd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Look at the credibility of the author, it just might inform you as to wether or not this writer is just cavil to the use of peptides. Check around with other articles to see the differentiation in statistics and research claims. Check those research claims.
  3. #3 4th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Those are good indication Mnyte. Sadly, many times when these sort of studies get out we need to see who is funding them and if there is a conflict of interests, only then we can understand the truth or not of the study.
  4. #4 5th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I play basketball and I just want to know that would it be cheating if I were to use these peptides for a short amount of time before the season starts.
  5. #5 5th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Of course it would be cheating. But if you worry about doping control then ghrp/ghrh peptides can be detected only for few hours after using. What I think almost everybody in professional sports use some kind of doping.
    Last edited by Lawrence; 5th August 2015 at 07:32 AM.
  6. #6 5th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Well, at a recreational level there is no anti-doping, so I don't consider it cheating. We are just enhancing ourselves and having fun, winning is always better than losing right?
  7. #7 7th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I wouldn't recommend using peptides to enhance your sports muscle if it against the anti-doping regulations. Although sometimes it depends on the type of sport. For instance, lots of wrestlers use peptides and even steroids but on other kind of sports it will be a risky career move. Regardless, peptides are more helpful than damaging.
  8. #8 7th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I think it is a scary thought to think about this type of issue going on with peptides. I am almost afraid to use them now. I have not heard of anyone having any issues, but this puts the issue into more perspective.
  9. #9 1st September 2015 
    Thanks
    But then again, I think it is rampant in sports in sports because peptides are really hard to detect after 72 hours. It cannot even be detected on a urine sample.
  10. #10 1st September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSnoop View Post
    I play basketball and I just want to know that would it be cheating if I were to use these peptides for a short amount of time before the season starts.
    I have the same problem, I play football in college and they do surprise us with tests, so I’m kind of worried. I’ve read that some peptides just stay for some hours but then why do so many elite athletes get caught using EPS? I don’t feel like it’s cheating because everyone uses this stuff, it’s just some get caught and others don’t.
  11. #11 2nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    I do not think that athletes are clear of drugs of any sorts. They are using something, one way or another. But as long as they are not overdoing it, and they think that they are just using the right amount, I do not think that it is cheating. It is cheating when they overdo it and just highly depend on it. But that is just my opinion.
  12. #12 2nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pampamparampam View Post
    I do not think that athletes are clear of drugs of any sorts. They are using something, one way or another. But as long as they are not overdoing it, and they think that they are just using the right amount, I do not think that it is cheating. It is cheating when they overdo it and just highly depend on it. But that is just my opinion.
    I think that's cheating anyway, doesn't matter if they over do it or not.. However.. If everybody is cheating, then it isn't cheating, right?
  13. #13 2nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    In professional sports athletes are taken to the limits of legality and some times beyond if it's possible to do it and don't get caught. There's too much money involved, that's why it's widely done.
  14. #14 3rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Are there anyone in sports who really do not use ANYTHING AT ALL? I mean they could be clear of anything illegal when tested, but are we sure that they are really not using other supplements or maintenance? I do not think so. I am not an athlete but I want to look and feel good that is why I am using drugs to enhance my physique. How much more those who are really using their body to earn, like those in sports, right?
  15. #15 3rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    When the rules say no drugs, then there should be no drugs, may you take a bit or more. If they say it is cheating, then it is indeed cheating. If you know yourself that you are using a drug to enhance your performance but it was not detected during a test, that is not luck. That is still considered cheating.
  16. #16 3rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    I personally don't think it's cheating. My body is starting to slow down the production of testosterone and I really like exercising so I feel like my body would be more of a burden if I didn't do it. I don't do anything competitively though, so that may be a factor to consider.
  17. #17 3rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Well, I actually think that it depends on what kind of sports it is. There are some sports where people using peptides are allowed to play. However, there are some sports that are strict about this. If it is not allowed to use peptides in your sport, then I suggest not to take it even when your team does not conduct tests regularly.
  18. #18 4th September 2015 
    Thanks
    If you use a little or a lot, you are still considered cheating. So better think of it as something that should not be used AT ALL in any sport. But I strongly believe that 80 percent of the athletes all over the world use something to enhance their performances. It may be legal or "natural" in their countries.
  19. #19 4th September 2015 
    Thanks
    There are lots of athletes nowadays that use peptides for endurance or body enhancement. It is just that most of them are not really popular so the society focuses on some of the most prominent sports people to check on their lives, therefore discovering "cheating." I am not sure if there really is someone out there that do not use it, sports-wise. We can all claim that we are free from it even when we know that we are not. That's life.
  20. #20 7th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Who doesn't cheat nowadays? They usually end up second place or losing altogether. And because of the highly-competitive nature of ANY sports, plus the fact that most countries want to compete on world cup tournaments, I think that coaches are even encouraging athletes to use something. Come on, we all have the need to win!