• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 1st August 2015 
    Thanks

Weight loss with Melanotan?

I have been reading a lot about MT-2 and there seems to be some evidence that it does things in addition to just increasing a person's ability to tan. I saw appetite suppression and increased fat burning listed. Has anyone lost weight using Melanotan? If so, were you following a specific diet or just not inclined to eat much?
  2. #2 3rd August 2015 
    Thanks
    I've never used it, but I do need to lose some weight and I am going to investigate how I can use MT-2 or other peptide to lose weight. Are you going for it Elleni? If it suppresses appetite and burns fat is has to help right?
  3. #3 3rd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Well it does suppress appetite but I think it's not the best for burning fat. I noticed loss of appetite for few hours only at higher dosages like 1mg+ but it came with upset stomach as well. I think it works mainly for tanning and libido/erectile benefits.
  4. #4 3rd August 2015 
    Thanks
    I don't think it's possible.
  5. #5 3rd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elleni View Post
    I have been reading a lot about MT-2 and there seems to be some evidence that it does things in addition to just increasing a person's ability to tan. I saw appetite suppression and increased fat burning listed. Has anyone lost weight using Melanotan? If so, were you following a specific diet or just not inclined to eat much?
    I'm dieting at the moment, but I know what i'm doing anyway... I do definately notice a suppression in my appetite, i'm currently eating under my caloric intake daily and after meal 2 i'm fine and have to remind myself to eat, with mt2 this is definately not the case.
  6. #6 3rd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Yeah you can lose some weight while using melanotan but you must have good diet and caloric deficit
  7. #7 4th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I like all this talk about weight loss. I need to loose a few pounds as well. What would you recommend as being the best for weight loss without side affects like upset stomach? Don't want the unpleasant side affects, lol.
  8. #8 4th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by akurtz View Post
    I like all this talk about weight loss. I need to loose a few pounds as well. What would you recommend as being the best for weight loss without side affects like upset stomach? Don't want the unpleasant side affects, lol.
    I would recommend ECA or clenbuterol with balanced diet and good workout routine.
  9. #9 4th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    I would recommend ECA or clenbuterol with balanced diet and good workout routine.
    really? the guy says he needs to lose a few pounds... does he really need to get on that stuff?

I'd advice just cleaning up your diet and if you can workout a couple times a week. The tip i always give people is substitute rice/potata/pasta/bread for green leafy vegetables that you can as much as you want of.
    --
    my diary - http://112.196.20.91/showthread.php?3915-Follow-Along-My-MT2-Diary-with-Progress-Pics
  10. #10 4th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tanneroo View Post
    really? the guy says he needs to lose a few pounds... does he really need to get on that stuff?

I'd advice just cleaning up your diet and if you can workout a couple times a week. The tip i always give people is substitute rice/potata/pasta/bread for green leafy vegetables that you can as much as you want of.
    Well yeah if you want to lose few pounds than it's easy. Just don't starve yourself, drink plenty of water, exercise and eat healthy. Caffeine is also great for boosting metabolism, controlling appetite.
    Last edited by Lawrence; 4th August 2015 at 12:08 PM.
  11. #11 4th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Suppression of appetite is something very good when we are trying to lose weight, at the same time if it's only happening with high dosages and it doesn't work for a long time I feel it might not be the best solution for it.
  12. #12 4th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I personally don't see any weight loss from melanotan, but i only use it once a week. Maybe weight loss factor comes in when melanotan is injected daily, but i don't see why would anyone us it daily
  13. #13 4th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Melanotan used every other day at a low dose offers minimal appetite suppression, and isn't ideal for weight loss as it's a minor factor compared to tanning.

One of the most useful peptides for weight loss that I can personally vouch for is Adipotide - it's expensive though.
    I lost about 15KG (from 120) using it, with no significant change to diet/excercise. I'd also been at that weight for the period of two year, so can account to it being the adipotide.
  14. #14 5th August 2015 
    Thanks
    So that is impressive peptide, 15KG with no changes on exercise and diet? I need to ask you though, is it something we need to take forever or after we stop with the adipotide the weight comes back?
  15. #15 5th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Weight slowly returns, but once you've dropped a significant bit of weight it makes all the difference to be motivated to do more.
    Since then I've started exercising more, and it's surprising how much 15KG really makes; I couldn't really do at 120kg, as I was exhausted in minutes and demotivated.

I only did a 6 week test course using 1mg/day (2x 500mcg), and it should have cost about £500. You could do smaller doses for lesser effect depending on budget though.

It's also incredible how it works because it actively burns adipose tissue, dispersing it for breakdown.
    Do an injection first thing in the morning if you don't have breakfast (which I never did, so was okay), and your body burns fat for energy up until lunch time.
    Make sure you eat your dinner early (6-7PM) and allow 3 hours before your night time injection, that way your body is breaking down your fat while you sleep.
  16. #16 6th August 2015 
    Thanks
    That's what I was expecting to hear. Once we lose a lot of weight we start living a new life, so we do get motivated to maintain that weight, regardless of if we are taking something or now. I think that the price you paid is a fair one to lose weight.
  17. #17 6th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Melanotan or any other peptide is no miracle drug to loose weight. If you want to be fit and healthy I suggest you to start with balanced diet plan and exercise.
  18. #18 6th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I agree. I used to be overweight 125kg. Now I weight 85kg, lost it all by simply changing all my habits. Didn't need any peptide, just exercise and perfect diet and your kg will melt like crazy. Peptides though can be nice addition to good training/diet plan. But they won't do nothing without hard work.
  19. #19 6th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflogun View Post
    That's what I was expecting to hear. Once we lose a lot of weight we start living a new life, so we do get motivated to maintain that weight, regardless of if we are taking something or now. I think that the price you paid is a fair one to lose weight.
    I didn't actually pay anything, it was a trial run for my company when we started making Adipotide. I would, and quite likely will use it again in the future - compared to other options it's not that expensive and it works well.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnys View Post
    Melanotan or any other peptide is no miracle drug to loose weight. If you want to be fit and healthy I suggest you to start with balanced diet plan and exercise.
    I believe it's in a similar boat to Gastric bands - they're not quick fixes, but they can help you get a handle on the situation.
    Adipotide makes you feel less hungry as your body is actively burning stored white adipose as a primary energy source, and your stomach will shrink after the 6 week course in a similar way to the band (when you crave food and you eat more and more you stomach expands to accommodate this, it also works in reverse). As a person who has always eaten healthily this was brilliant for me as my only issue was my portions were larger than they should be - after the 6 week course I didn't feel I needed to keep eating.

The point of me not changing my eating habits or exercise patterns is purely as a control on the testing of the peptide.
    I would absolutely recommend people also adjust their habits when using it as it will compound with the peptide allowing for amazing results.

~~~ 700th post ~~~
    Last edited by peptideguru; 6th August 2015 at 10:03 AM.
  20. #20 6th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatJeff View Post
    I agree. I used to be overweight 125kg. Now I weight 85kg, lost it all by simply changing all my habits. Didn't need any peptide, just exercise and perfect diet and your kg will melt like crazy. Peptides though can be nice addition to good training/diet plan. But they won't do nothing without hard work.
    I didn't really get the point across in the first post - the point of no change to lifestyle was simply to test the peptide.
    I also agree exercise and diet are the best way to lose weight, which I have done since.
    However it can be a good way to either get started or to help you on your way, as some people (myself included) aren't totally motivated to do so to begin with