• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 30th July 2015 
    Thanks

can i reuse my insulin syringes?

Do you reuse your syringes/needles

I mean, if taking 3 shots of peptides each day,thats a lot of syringes and needles. Can I use them several times?
  2. #2 30th July 2015 
    Thanks
    I use 1 a day when using peptides 3 times per day.

After 3 times injections start getting painful.
  3. #3 30th July 2015 
    Thanks
    A picture is worth a thousand words

That doesn't even begin on bacterial contamination, which can cause sepsis that can prove fatal. All for £1 a day? If you're buying peptides, needles are hardly costing much.
  4. #4 30th July 2015 
    Thanks
    Re-using your syringes is really not advised, besides there isnt a point to risk your life for a measly cost of a 1/2$ syringe. Especially depending on what type of environment youre keeping the syringe in; you could be doing a lot of harm to your body.
  5. #5 31st July 2015 
    Thanks
    Thank you guys for your advice. I really don't want to take any risks and will not reuse them.
  6. #6 31st July 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I use mine until it's too painful to stab or in rare cases if i hit blood when injecting then it's not reusable anymore.
  7. #7 31st July 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Do you reuse your syringes/needles

I mean, if taking 3 shots of peptides each day,thats a lot of syringes and needles. Can I use them several times?
    No. No. No, no, no.

Needles are meant to be used one time, and that's it. You can really jack up your skin, if you use it multiple times. Not to mention, that the needle could actually break off into your arm. They are meant for multiple usages.
  8. #8 2nd August 2015 
    Thanks
    As far as safety goes, sure. As long as you don't have it sitting around for months. As far as comfort goes, definitely not. Depending on where you live, you might be able to get free needles at a dispensary.
  9. #9 2nd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Are they three different peptides or are they the same peptide that you need multiple doses a day? Depending on the specific things, if they're different, you may be able to mix them. Draw up the dose of one, then the second, then the third into a single syringe and then do a single injection. You would have to research the specific items carefully to make sure they won't mess each other up or neutralize each other if taken that way. I have done that on doctor's orders for medications during an IVF cycle, bringing myself to two injections a day instead of four. This won't work for every possible combination so you would have to research what you're taking specifically.

If you buy syringes with separate needles, you can reuse the syringe but switch out the needle as long as its on yourself. Someone already showed the damage to needles from multiple uses. Because insulin needles are TINY, that damage happens pretty fast. To reduce risk of infections, you could refrigerate the syringe between uses but it's still not very safe.
  10. #10 3rd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elleni View Post
    Are they three different peptides or are they the same peptide that you need multiple doses a day? Depending on the specific things, if they're different, you may be able to mix them. Draw up the dose of one, then the second, then the third into a single syringe and then do a single injection. You would have to research the specific items carefully to make sure they won't mess each other up or neutralize each other if taken that way. I have done that on doctor's orders for medications during an IVF cycle, bringing myself to two injections a day instead of four. This won't work for every possible combination so you would have to research what you're taking specifically.

If you buy syringes with separate needles, you can reuse the syringe but switch out the needle as long as its on yourself. Someone already showed the damage to needles from multiple uses. Because insulin needles are TINY, that damage happens pretty fast. To reduce risk of infections, you could refrigerate the syringe between uses but it's still not very safe.
    They are 2 different that I mix in one syringe but I'm taking them 3 times a day.
    Good idea about refrigerating syringes between injections.
  11. #11 3rd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    A picture is worth a thousand words

That doesn't even begin on bacterial contamination, which can cause sepsis that can prove fatal. All for £1 a day? If you're buying peptides, needles are hardly costing much.
    I had no idea that syringes could even look like this, but at the same time the invisible bacterial world has a lot to tell us. Why do you say that refrigerating syringes between injections can make a difference?
  12. #12 3rd August 2015 
    Thanks
    You should use a needle a maximum of 5 times, or bacteria will grow to an excess. If you are paying for petides, just buy a lot of needles, it will not hurt to pay.
  13. #13 4th August 2015 
    Thanks
    If you're living in the UK, you can easily get free needles from a variety of legitimate sources. Needle exchange banks can be found in all major cities here, no questions asked. The risk/benefit ratio is such that I'd advise getting new needles each time you inject. Good luck.
  14. #14 4th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Yes, not being cheap, needles are not that expensive and considering the health risk that exists by reusing them, I consider it to be an expense we need to make in the name of our health.
  15. #15 4th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflogun View Post
    I had no idea that syringes could even look like this, but at the same time the invisible bacterial world has a lot to tell us. Why do you say that refrigerating syringes between injections can make a difference?
    The image was from an account I made in the interim of bringing this account onto the forum proper. It's amazing how things look when magnified, and definitely not something you'd want to be pinning with.

If you reuse a syringe, refrigerating will stave off some of the bacteria, however the issue is when you insert that needle back into your vial, you're then deliberately contaminating your sterile vial, which if it's in the fridge for a month or so can grow easily to harmful levels.
  16. #16 5th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Thanks for the explanation peptideguru (great username btw!). In fact, nothing like knowing what is happening with us even at the invisible level, that can explain a lot. Contaminating myself is something I definitely don't want to do!
  17. #17 5th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peptideguru View Post
    If you reuse a syringe, refrigerating will stave off some of the bacteria, however the issue is when you insert that needle back into your vial, you're then deliberately contaminating your sterile vial, which if it's in the fridge for a month or so can grow easily to harmful levels.
    If you use larger syringes, you can get around that somewhat. For instance, for the person who doses three times a day, if the dose is 1cc each time, use a 3cc syringe. Put all three doses in the syringe at once. Then for each injection, only push in 1cc. It requires a bit more care than just pushing the whole plunger but it keeps the vials sterile. If he does it that way and only keeps the syringe/needle for a single day, each day he would start with a fresh syringe but he would still be cutting down the total number he needs.
  18. #18 5th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If you use larger syringes, you can get around that somewhat. For instance, for the person who doses three times a day, if the dose is 1cc each time, use a 3cc syringe. Put all three doses in the syringe at once. Then for each injection, only push in 1cc. It requires a bit more care than just pushing the whole plunger but it keeps the vials sterile. If he does it that way and only keeps the syringe/needle for a single day, each day he would start with a fresh syringe but he would still be cutting down the total number he needs.
    That's a valid point, Elleni.
    You could also do that if you wish with little to no adverse affects if you do it right.
    Last edited by peptideguru; 5th August 2015 at 04:36 PM.
  19. #19 5th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Yes, as Elleni said, that is a more efficient way if you want your syringe to last longer. That is a pretty good method, so I recommend doing this.
  20. #20 5th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I still believe 1 needle per injection is still the way to go. If I'm spending £20 on a vial of MT2 I'll happily pay £6 for syringes. For most peptides it's less syringes per vial though, like if I spent £16 on GHRP I wouldn't mind spending £3-4 on syringes.

Sepsis is not nice, and is likely the cause of many reported adverse side effects. With minor symptoms including fever, rashes, increased heart rate, decreased blood pressure and respiratory distress - and major symptoms including organ failure and death; it really isn't worth the risk.
    If you're experienced with injections, then it can be an option for you (although you probably wouldn't if you knew the science behind it); however I definitely would not recommend it to somebody just starting or with little/no experience.