• Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 11th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Pain reduces sexual motivation in females

Pain reduces sexual motivation in female but not male mice

Abstract
    Chronic pain is often associated with sexual dysfunction, suggesting that pain can reduce libido. We find that inflammatory pain reduces sexual motivation, measured via mounting behavior and/or proximity in a paced mating paradigm, in female but not male laboratory mice. Pain was produced by injection of inflammogens zymosan A (0.5 mg/ml) or ?-carrageenan (2%) into genital or nongenital (hind paw, tail, cheek) regions. Sexual behavior was significantly reduced in female mice experiencing pain (in all combinations); male mice similarly treated displayed unimpeded sexual motivation. Pain-induced reductions in female sexual behavior were observed in the absence of sex differences in pain-related behavior, and could be rescued by the analgesic, pregabalin, and the libido-enhancing drugs, apomorphine and melanotan-II. These findings suggest that the well known context sensitivity of the human female libido can be explained by evolutionary rather than sociocultural factors, as female mice can be similarly affected.
  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Semin For This Useful Post:

arlene_fits_in (21st August 2015)

3. #2 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    Simply put, women need to be stimulated to be motivated.

Sending this up so that everyone could read it. It is a good one since there are men who keep on pushing or forcing women without understanding that there is such a dysfunction. It could really harm a woman physically and mentally. Thanks, Semin, for this old article!
  4. #3 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    Yes, I agree with Arlene.

People, men especially, tend to think this kind of stuff is alright. Pressuring people is never a good thing; motivation can be a secular thing. Women need just as much praise as criticism, but we need to know the balance. It will be very interesting to know the results of studies done in the coming years to do with psychological affects due to these societal pressures. Here's hoping for a bright future for our women!
  5. #4 23rd August 2015 
    Thanks
    I certainly agree with TomEthi on this.

Guys just need to back off for a while and refocus. Your motivation can come from wherever, secular, etc, as TomEthi said above.

Studies like this are certainly interesting, though. I do like the results that come from theses that often mimic those of our own behavior!
  6. #5 26th August 2015 
    Thanks
    To be honest I wouldn't have thought it would take a survey, research or a genius to figure that out, as I'm sure most people would be able to understand that, even us men!
  7. #6 27th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Women need to be well lubricated so that there won't be any pain. If it is forced, it is never good. That would be selfishness. And yes, that chronic pain is a condition. Usually happens to some women who had issues in the past. Most have "trauma" and just tend to feel the pain even when it is actually not there... But there are really some instances that even when they are heavily lubricated, the women would still feel hurt. In that case, there should be a medication for the muscles inside to relax.
  8. #7 27th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Women need extra motivation in order to ease up. Lubrication is good. Sometimes the male just gotta understand certain things.
  9. #8 27th August 2015 
    Thanks
    By the way, sandstorm, I totally agree with you! Especially about the medication for the muscles.
  10. #9 1st September 2015 
    Thanks
    I cannot associate pain with pleasure, so lubrication is something very important when having sex. A good foreplay usually means more and better sex. Not being selfish is a good tip.
  11. #10 1st September 2015 
    Thanks
    Oh my! And here I was thinking that is common knowledge. To think there are those in human race who would consider a person in pain fit to engage in sex! I think I will just go back to sleep.
    Last edited by Pepsicola; 1st September 2015 at 11:52 AM.
  12. #11 1st September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm View Post
    Women need to be well lubricated so that there won't be any pain. If it is forced, it is never good. That would be selfishness. And yes, that chronic pain is a condition. Usually happens to some women who had issues in the past. Most have "trauma" and just tend to feel the pain even when it is actually not there... But there are really some instances that even when they are heavily lubricated, the women would still feel hurt. In that case, there should be a medication for the muscles inside to relax.
    I do agree. I once had a girlfriend who had vaginismus, which is a condition that makes penetration nearly impossible. It is either caused by the mental state of a person or just physical factors such as involuntary contraction the vagina walls. Even when penetration is possible, the woman can still feel pain during sex. In that case, it is not about the lube but it is just a health condition.
  13. #12 2nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Yep, women need to feel pleasure and that is many times underrated. We need to give pleasure to women the same way we receive it, if we do that pain will disappear.
  14. #13 3rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mooray View Post
    I do agree. I once had a girlfriend who had vaginismus, which is a condition that makes penetration nearly impossible. It is either caused by the mental state of a person or just physical factors such as involuntary contraction the vagina walls. Even when penetration is possible, the woman can still feel pain during sex. In that case, it is not about the lube but it is just a health condition.
    That is definitely scary! I know someone who also has this condition. She said that it is really difficult for her to enjoy sex normally. She did not mention what caused her condition though. Upon hearing about what she is going through, I just feel so blessed that I am not suffering from this locked vagina syndrome.
  15. #14 4th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm View Post
    She did not mention what caused her condition though. .
    Some women are just genetically born with it. Others have a serious mental phobia of penetration that it causes their muscles to contract at the slightest touch.
  16. #15 15th September 2015 
    Thanks
    It goes back to how healthy we are. Also a lot of women aren't the same after having kids. We have to keep a healthy lifestyle.
  17. #16 16th September 2015 
    Thanks
    pain does not only reduce sexual stimulation of women. Even with men, if they feel pain, their sexual stimulation also reduces. There are some men and women out there who produces low libido. This is why a sexual activity is painful for them. Fortunately, there are drugs we can use to improve one's libido production.
  18. #17 22nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Studies like this are certainly interesting, though. I do like the results that come from theses that often mimic those of our own behavior!
  19. #18 22nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Pain doesn't only reduce the sexual stimulation of women alone. We, guys, are also affected by pain. When we are in pain, our sexual stimulation also reduces. Therefore, this is not an isolated case. Pain is a common factor that affects both men's and women's sexual drive.
  20. #19 10th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by troychard View Post
    Pain doesn't only reduce the sexual stimulation of women alone. We, guys, are also affected by pain. When we are in pain, our sexual stimulation also reduces. Therefore, this is not an isolated case. Pain is a common factor that affects both men's and women's sexual drive.
    Yeah, I think pain is mostly associated with women. But again, pain can also happen in men. And I think if a woman or man feels pain during sexual intercourse, it will not be satisfying for both parties. Even if only one person is feeling the pain.
  21. #20 25th October 2015 
    Thanks
    It is not just for women. Pain reduces the sexual motivation and pleasure for BOTH men and women. And yes, I agree with the recent comment that pain is more experiencedby women than men when it comes to sexual acts.