• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 11th July 2015 
    Thanks

Observations and a question one year post melanotan use

I am a true type 1 skin type never tanned in my life before. Last summer I done melanotan and to my amazement got a tan , unfortunately for me I went overboard on the dosage and ended up too dark and a grey dirty look after a while which I hated and vowed never to do it again... After around 5 months I went back to pale however not as pale as I previously was as I still had a noticeable tan lines in crotch area where my bikini bottoms were. After a year of no sun ( I live in Ireland) and no further melanotan I went on a vacation to a very hot country for a few days. I wore factor 50 as I assumed I wud burn again... Wen I came home I noticed very slight tan strap marks were my top was on my back ... Very light but still there as I say I was wearing factor 50... This never wud hav happened before melanotan I NEVER had tan lines. But iv been off it for a year. My question is has prior use if melanotan a year ago somehow held the ability on my skin to tan even after being off it for so long ??
  2. #2 11th July 2015 
    Thanks

Re: Observations and a question one year post melanotan use

Quite a few have reported at least that it was easier to
    tan after having used a course of melantotan.
    So I would say, without any clinical basis, that it could
    well be true. SPF50 is pretty close to no sun at all, but
    you know your skin, so cheers eh?
  3. #3 11th July 2015 
    Thanks

This is a very interesting observation, can probably only be seen on a type like you. The rest of us do not even notice these minimal differences.

A reason why you were gray, the overdose and lack of sunlight. I also type-1 and can be a little dirty of 500 mcg / ED if I get no sun. But I can take 1 mg without getting dirty if I lie on the beach six hours afterwards. Accumulated 160 mg, so my body is used to it. Makes no side effects.

If I were you, I would take 100 mcg / ED in a year.
  4. #4 11th July 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Quite a few have reported at least that it was easier to
    tan after having used a course of melantotan.
    So I would say, without any clinical basis, that it could
    well be true. SPF50 is pretty close to no sun at all, but
    you know your skin, so cheers eh?
    "

I agree! My experience mirrors yours Jessiex0x.

I have been amazed with how my skin has performed, even when off melanocortins. Imho it's good to take time off MT, go as long as you can...however best of luck quitting entirely! Take it from an almost ten yr user...* 8)
  5. #5 12th July 2015 
    Thanks

"
    I am a true type 1 skin type never tanned in my life before. Last summer I done melanotan and to my amazement got a tan , unfortunately for me I went overboard on the dosage and ended up too dark and a grey dirty look after a while which I hated and vowed never to do it again... After around 5 months I went back to pale however not as pale as I previously was as I still had a noticeable tan lines in crotch area where my bikini bottoms were. After a year of no sun ( I live in Ireland) and no further melanotan I went on a vacation to a very hot country for a few days. I wore factor 50 as I assumed I wud burn again... Wen I came home I noticed very slight tan strap marks were my top was on my back ... Very light but still there as I say I was wearing factor 50... This never wud hav happened before melanotan I NEVER had tan lines. But iv been off it for a year. My question is has prior use if melanotan a year ago somehow held the ability on my skin to tan even after being off it for so long ??
    "

I'm Irish aswell jessie and I too had this grey/greenish look. How long did it take for your skin to go back to normal? I started to use mt1 recently and i'm wondering that it might jsut be the mt2 I had in my sytem for so long thats allowing me to tan cause iv'e only used about 12/14 mgs of the mt1. Kind of scary to think it might have a permanent effect.
  6. #6 12th July 2015 
    Thanks

"
    I too had this grey/greenish look.
    Kind of scary to think it might have a permanent effect.
    "

Just stop with Melanotan, and go to the beach for natural sun. This will produce more of the red pheomelanin, and red is against the color green.
  7. #7 17th July 2015 
    Thanks

Hi all thanks for responses. To foot sandwich: my skin went back pale after about 5 months as in to anyone else I look like I don't have a tan and pretty pale however I know myself that I'm a different shade if pale to what I was before as I was the whitest person I knew before... Now there are aine people who are whiter than me when I compare my arm next to theirs and iv still got tan lines in my bikini line area as I always wore bikini bottoms even u. Sunbed so there's a difference in the skin their.... It's scary to think I mite have those lines forever as is like them to go away but this is a year later with no melanotan and hardly any sun exposure whatsoever