• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 8th May 2015 
    Thanks

What to do for first few injections? When to start getting sun?

Sorry for the 3rd thread topic within a week. I tried Google searching about this but couldn't really find a clear answer.

I'm wondering what I am supposed to do for the first few injections and whether I start tanning immediately or not.

My desired dose throughout this whole thing is 250 mcg (0.25mg). Although for my VERY first dose I'll probably do 100 mcg just to see how I react. Then 250 from there on out.

But what's this "loading phase" and the purpose?

Do I inject or "load" up for x amount of days straight? Do I stay out of the sun during that period of time? Or do I start tanning outside immediately after that first dose? Or only go outside to tan after the loading phase? How often? etc..

I saw someone post pictures of their "results" on another forum but they admitted they didn't really get tan, just red-ish. Then someone said that you need to stay OUT of the sun during the loading phase or else you'll just turn red & not tan. Is that true?

Any type of clarity or guidance on this process would be much appreciated. I know there isn't 1 specific protocol that works for everyone, but a starting point would be nice.

And in case this is relevant]
    Thanks

2. #2 8th May 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: What to do for first few injections? When to start getting sun?

Whether or not to start tanning immediately is rather insignificant imho, great question however! The purpose of loading is exactly to see how you react, as we are all different, and users rapidly desensitize to certain side effects...so why not take advantage?

Nature and/or your schedule/goals will dictate your requirements for UVR. A user who only gets red-ish is doing something wrong and it is untrue to say a user will turn red & not tan when sunless.
  3. #3 8th May 2015 
    Thanks

^^^ Thanks, I appreciate the reply.

Also, I won't be using a tanning bed, but I'll just be laying outside in natural sunlight (UV Index says it's at 6-7)... I've seen 5-10 minutes recommended for tanning bed sessions. Would it be the same amount of time for laying outside? Or would I need to stay longer?

Could I inject in the evening, then tan next day in the afternoon? Or should I be injecting, then tan right after/within a couple hours?
  4. #4 8th May 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Tanning beds are turbo-charged. Natural sunlight I would recommend twenty minutes, give or take ten (I think the range is flexible, you'll know best).

You could inject in the evening, then tan next day in the afternoon. It would be ideal however to inject before UVR if at all possible.
  5. #5 11th May 2015 
    Thanks

^ Thanks once again.

I was finally alone earlier and had the time for the first injection. Everything good so far.

But after removing the syringe from the melanotan vial when I was drawing my dose, some solution squirted out the vial. I'm not sure how or why this happened? I just don't want to waste any in the future in case it continuously happens. Maybe the vial wasn't turned right side up yet?
  6. #6 11th May 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

There may be too much air pressure within the vial. To avoid this going forward, after adding water during reconstitution, pull plunger from the syringe while the needle punctures the rubber...from there you'll have neutral pressure for you to then add as much air as you will draw for your dosages. Happy to hear all is well so far, best of luck!
  7. #7 12th May 2015 
    Thanks

^ Thanks. Just took my 2nd dose and didn't see anything squirt out the vial this time.*

In addition to injecting the melanotan, I've taken a Gravol to prevent nausea. And I regularly take finasteride/propecia at night. I really hope there is no interaction between all 3 in my system at once. I also normally take melatonin pills to fall asleep, however, after a Google search I read it might interact with Gravol (which supposedly makes you sleepy anyway) so I skipped on taking the melatonin.

I also pricked my finger accidentally with the syringe tonight. (cleaned finger after) This was right after I took it out the packaging - I went to put the cap back on for a moment since I forgot to clean the injection site with an alcohol swab... and the needle went straight through the side of the cap into my thumb (not deep). I'm assuming I should be fine since it was a brand new needle. Just to be safe, I discarded it and used a new one for the MT2 injection in my stomach.

Lastly, I noticed a zit on my face appear. Which made me think.... I vaguely remember reading somewhere that you should stop using MT2 until a pimple/zit fades away away.... Is this true? Or maybe it was in reference to scars?
  8. #8 12th May 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

You're in good company ddiipp. I also take finasteride and often choose between melatonin or the antihistamine for sleep. I don't believe you need to discontinue MT2 dosages until a pimple/zit heals, however do not tan the affected area. A fresh scar/wound would have to be larger for me to stop using MT2....
  9. #9 12th May 2015 
    Thanks

Ahh ok, thanks once again man! I appreciate the help you provide on this forum.

& I think I'll hold off on tanning just to play it safe. I'm hoping the pimple should fully disappear soon with the cream I use.

10. #10 17th May 2015 
    Thanks

I forgot to wipe the top of the MT2 vial before injection. Crap. Is that ok? I did wipe the injection site with an alcohol swab but forgot about the vial-top.
  11. #11 17th May 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    I forgot to wipe the top of the MT2 vial before injection. Crap. Is that ok? I did wipe the injection site with an alcohol swab but forgot about the vial-top.
    "
    Not a big deal, just don't make it habit.*