• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 9th April 2015 
    Thanks

Who keeps it a secret?

Just a general wonder I have. How many people keep their mt2 use a secret from loved ones? I appreciate there must be honesty in relationships etc. sometimes however you know ur partner would be completely against it and not understand. Mt2 has changed the life of so many type 1s it would be difficult to go back tbecause ur partner didn't approve. So just thought Id put it out there to see if many others are leading this "double life" . Also I would appreciate no lectures on honesty in relationships, I am sure everyone struggles with the dishonesty but knows nothing good will come of disclosing the truth about those golden tans.
  2. #2 9th April 2015 
    Thanks

Re: Who keeps it a secret?

I'm a skin type one and have thought about a this question a lot. I'm not in a relationship at the moment by the way but if I was to begin one I just don't know whether i'd have the courage to make my usage known. It's a tough decision considering you don't know how the person your involved with would react. At the same time i'd feel guilty knowing that they would have got in the relationship assuming that is how the person naturally looked. I'd be strewn between the path of ignorance is bliss -* and the one of honesty and openness. Somehow or another the truth would come out in the end eventually i'd say. A real tough decision.
  3. #3 9th April 2015 
    Thanks

It's not like you have to confess you're a murderer.
    If it would be a pill or lotion, no one would even care. It's just the injection part of the story. I would never say it on a first date, but hey, if this is something you can't tell your partner, then you're probably dating the wrong person.
  4. #4 9th April 2015 
    Thanks

I don't think so. You're obviously not a skin type 1 djen. The difference between a skin type 1 on mt2 and one without is astounding. People with the ginger hair have it completely change colour. Along with eyebrows/body hair and skin. People can change ethnicity on mt2, completely altering the natural appearance. It is a big deal to keep from someone imh.
  5. #5 9th April 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Great topic Girlwhite! I agree with Djen, it's definitely a taboo given the injection is the safest method of administration. You're definitely with the wrong partner had you not be able to confide in them about MT usage. Your wife/husband(/sexual partner) has the right to know...at a certain point about needle drugs & black/grey mkt drug use. Between the cosmetic and libido aspects assoc w/ Melanotan...unsure how it would be kept a secret long term. Most friends, family and doctors however have no reason to be let in on this personal information.
  6. #6 9th April 2015 
    Thanks

"
    I don't think so. You're obviously not a skin type 1 djen. The difference between a skin type 1 on mt2 and one without is astounding. People with the ginger hair have it completely change colour. Along with eyebrows/body hair and skin. People can change ethnicity on mt2, completely altering the natural appearance. It is a big deal to keep from someone imh.
    "

I'm the most ginger person you can imagine, a skin type 1. I look like a total different person when using M2, I'm currently trying out alternatives ( check out the alternative forum) to even get my lashes darker.

BUT I have also noticed that once in a while someone mentions]We think it's a big deal because it's a big change for us, but most people couldn't care less. It's not like all of the sudden you're the talk of the town because you look darker and your hair is darker as well.
    People won't like you more or less because something's changed about your looks. It could boost your selfesteem, but others won't make a big deal out of it.
  7. #7 9th April 2015 
    Thanks

I don't keep it a secret from my family, but I do from extended family. only those in my immediate circle know.
    Other than that, I do not tell anyone. I would only consider discussing it with another user.

People get the wrong idea for two reasons. Immediate judgements from using needles is the first. society has been conditioned to believe needles = heroin user no matter what.

society has also been conditioned through fear mongering that anything containing the word "melanin" or "mela" along with anything that promotes tanning is a carcinogen of the highest degree.

The immediate assumption is always that a use o f MT2 is effectively injecting themselves with skin cancer.

so my reason is that the ignorance is impossible to combat, and it isn't going to do anyone any favors trying to explain it. people have been too heavily conditioned about the above. If it were, say, a tablet that allows someone to grow back hair after balding, it would effectively be the same concept but i guarantee it'd never meet even close to the level of judgement that Mt2 does.

I am also a skin type 1(i'm guess most of this board is). Although my hair was fairly dark before, my skin was very pale. Since my first use, i didn't go crazy on it. i just acquired some color. That color never left me even after not using it for many, many months. I now just look like a regular person in the UK.
    The key is easing into it. If you suddenly go from never tanning to very brown, you will have to deal with all the comments and queries from people. it's expected.
    If you go slowly, and build up usage over the course of a couple of years nobody will notice.

I also think it depends how you feel about using it yourself. This reflects on how you would approach the subject with someone. If you feel guilty in some way, it will be apparent, and if you don't approve if it yourself, you can't get approval or acceptance from others.
    If you approach it like I do, just a very interesting, fun and SAFE experiment and also a look into the future of medicine people will be on your side. Be enthusiastic about it and show through understanding and research. make sure you know the science and history behind it. be up to date on current research. Believe in it.
  8. #8 10th April 2015 
    Thanks

I met my current partner the year I started mt2 and while he does see the real me over the winter months (well with fake tan on) he thinks I am able to tan. I feel so much more confident and better about myself when on mt2. When ur confidence drops significantly that can impact on a relationship. At the time I didn't see the need to tell my partner about it as I didn't now how the relationship would go. Now it's a serious at it gets. I know if I told him he would not want me to do it. And while he would still love me and blah de blah I would feel like I cheated him when all of a sudden I am not as attractive come the summer months. I am of course wrestling with my conscious. But at the same time I want to be honest I also think it's quite selfish if I tell him. Like I am putting my worries on him. I see injections as only a temporary fix until we are able to get it by a cosmetic surgeon etc. At that point he would be happy with me using it and therefore he may not need to know the "real me". I know that sounds pretty messed up for a relationship however if we take away the injection part I see it as another beauty secret we keep from our partners. No relationship is completely transparent. Do all partners know about those embarrassing body things that you do behind closed doors. As Djen said if it was a pill or a lotion this would not be an issue. I just think why take the illusion away from him and not only that put worry on his mind. He would want me to stop doing it for health reasons yet I would not. So what are we left with. Either me feeling completely miserable about myself and having no self confidence or him lying in bed at night worrying about what I am putting into my body. For the sake of happiness on both sides. Do we say ignorance is bliss until something legit is released on the market?
  9. #9 10th April 2015 
    Thanks

I know people taking propecia for hairloss and they have many more side effects than most people on melanotan, but no one cares, it's just a pill.

10. #10 10th April 2015 
    Thanks

I talk about it freely.
    Under my opinion it is not a recreative drug , it is preventive medicine so nothing to be ashamed of.
  11. #11 10th April 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    I met my current partner the year I started mt2 and while he does see the real me over the winter months (well with fake tan on) he thinks I am able to tan. I feel so much more confident and better about myself when on mt2. When ur confidence drops significantly that can impact on a relationship. At the time I didn't see the need to tell my partner about it as I didn't now how the relationship would go. Now it's a serious at it gets. I know if I told him he would not want me to do it. And while he would still love me and blah de blah I would feel like I cheated him when all of a sudden I am not as attractive come the summer months. I am of course wrestling with my conscious. But at the same time I want to be honest I also think it's quite selfish if I tell him. Like I am putting my worries on him. I see injections as only a temporary fix until we are able to get it by a cosmetic surgeon etc. At that point he would be happy with me using it and therefore he may not need to know the "real me". I know that sounds pretty messed up for a relationship however if we take away the injection part I see it as another beauty secret we keep from our partners. No relationship is completely transparent. Do all partners know about those embarrassing body things that you do behind closed doors. As Djen said if it was a pill or a lotion this would not be an issue. I just think why take the illusion away from him and not only that put worry on his mind. He would want me to stop doing it for health reasons yet I would not. So what are we left with. Either me feeling completely miserable about myself and having no self confidence or him lying in bed at night worrying about what I am putting into my body. For the sake of happiness on both sides. Do we say ignorance is bliss until something legit is released on the market?
    "
    I think he considers you to be always beautiful. The question is if he is intelligent enough to comprehend your god-given melanocortin mutations and how it may impact your offspring. If he has seen your baby/childhood photos...I cannot imagine feeling as though you've cheated him. Hopefully he will be excited about the chance/opportunity to continue the aryan race (lol). Imho you should talk to him about it before long (be selfish, you're #1) - possibly if you were talking wedding on the beach, mention your unique beauty preparations to prepare your skin type (he should be understanding had you frame the conversation accordingly). Please keep us posted, really enjoy the woman's perspective (pardon our mostly male dominated dialogue thus far).
  12. #12 10th April 2015 
    Thanks

Thanks Melanotan. I appreciate your kind words. Reading through I realise that's prob the main problem. He will tell me he loves me regardless and would prefer a healthy me rather than a tanned one. He is type 3 id say so he really wouldn't understand risking ones health for it. I have pre warned him of the gingerness for future off spring but I keep child photos well hidden! . I am not sure how he thinks I* tan lol. But I am 95 per cent sure he will tell me to stop* using it. And then I couldn't go behind his back and would have to respect his wishes!* I would love nothing more than to be open n honest but it comes with a risk of never been tanned again. And that I could not bare!
  13. #13 10th April 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Thanks Melanotan. I appreciate your kind words. Reading through I realize that's prob the main problem. He will tell me he loves me regardless and would prefer a healthy me rather than a tanned one. He is type 3 id say so he really wouldn't understand risking ones health for it. I have pre warned him of the gingerness for future off spring but I keep child photos well hidden! . I am not sure how he thinks I* tan lol. But I am 95 per cent sure he will tell me to stop* using it. And then I couldn't go behind his back and would have to respect his wishes!* I would love nothing more than to be open n honest but it comes with a risk of never been tanned again. And that I could not bare!
    "

I think the whole premise of this forum/community is to prove you can indeed have it all. It is absolutely foolish/ridiculous to preach sun avoidance for skin type 1s...telling a human they cannot do something signals a challenge/dare to all too many of us I do not see why you cannot be healthy as well as tanned...it's your choice/right! For me, a tan looks like a healthy luxury (vs a blue collar health risk)...must imagine you're in a similar boat.
    I'd bet he would be proud to know about how you overcame your thin/fair skin as you aged and rest assured you'd be a great mother and further that your children would have future biotechnology on your side (sunscreen w/ melanocyte-stimulating hormones).... If you find out he is an ignorant controlling skin type 3 with such thick skin your options will be to ditch him in favor of a fairer skin type who also uses/sees the value (of melanocortin therapy) or meet a darker skin type who will provide the genetic trump card to minimize further gene mutation(s).
  14. #14 10th April 2015 
    Thanks

I just don't understand that this could be an issue in a relationship. There must be other kinds of problems IMHO. The problem is: he cannot love you with all his heart.
    There's a much bigger chance that you'll lose your legs and arms than the chance that M2 will dissappear.
    What if you get ill and it changes your looks?

This relationship seems to be based on shallowness and insecurity. If a color is already an issue, then I don't think your relationship could survive any real issues.
  15. #15 10th April 2015 
    Thanks

Djen your comments are completely out of order. My relationship is not based on shallowness. Have you not read my last comment saying just that! I am the one with a problem about how I look not him. He tells me I am beautiful winter through summer. They are all my own insecurities. I would think that as a fellow ginger you would understand that. It is something that is built into me and I cannot change how I feel about the way I look naturally. And no one will make me feel better about it no matter how any times I am told I am beautiful. I am sorry I started this thread now. I find your comments to be hurtful and judging and would prefer not to carry on with this discussion.
  16. #16 10th April 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I share in your feelings Girlwhite, sympathize with you and now do not understand Djen's pov. Well wishes and prayers your way! PM me had you wish for me to lock this topic.
  17. #17 10th April 2015 
    Thanks

Thanks Melanotan. Roll on a fully tested product that is available to the public so that issues like this disappear along with the taboo. I appreciate everyone else's inputs on this conversation and am happy to leave it open if anyone else wants to discuss however for my own sanity I am bowing out.
  18. #18 10th April 2015 
    Thanks

o well forget it she is out* and my post would be to her,
  19. #19 10th April 2015 
    Thanks

Girlwhite, I think I do understand you when you say the problem it's you.

It's just a matter of how you see it. You should think]
    It's not because a dress looks good on you that a person will not love you when you don't wear that dress.

If you fear that he won't love you anymore because of this, then tell him about your issues.

But if you found the right regimen that works for you, you should just think]
    And PS]
  20. #20 13th April 2015 
    Thanks

Well this is an intriguing topic. Loved reading through GirlWhite's views on how she would feel about not being tanned, in fear of her boyfriend not loving her for what she really is if he saw her naturally - Tbh, I really couldn't care less about telling anyone I use it, but I am a male of course.. This could be more thus more challenging for a girl? My advice will be to come clean, if he does not like it let him go. Melanotan said you are #1 so treat yourself as just that, in life you have decisions you take that many will disagree with, whether you do this or that.. they'll always be at least 1 saying it in your ear. Discouraging, manipulating you, but you have your own mind. If you feel so strongly about being tanned then you should do it, it's your life. If I saw somebody smoke im not going to go up to him/her and say put that out, it's none of my business its a choice you make. GirlWhite I am sure you're a very beautiful girl with lots going for you, don't let this put you down. Society is fickle, it is only going to get more challenging as everyone is obsessed about looking the best they can be.