• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 7th April 2015 
    Thanks

4 Years, Mixed Results. What Have I Been Doing Wrong?

Hi guys,

I've used MT-2 for four straight summers. By far the best was the first, in 2011. Even then my tan seemed a little weird/uneven, but it was deep and I got a lot of compliments on it. Since then, it seems like I never make it through the loading phase without gradually reducing then bailing out on the peptide. I use such a low dose, as low as .25mg/week(!), but it seems like it just darkens my moles and freckles, turns my lips purple, gives me dark circles under my eyes, and gives my skin a weird, grayish color while wrinkling up my knuckle areas in a dirty-looking way. Maybe I'm not spending nearly enough time in the sun, tanning? I'm type-1 or 2, generally pale as a ghost but will tan *very* slowly with enough exposure. Way back in the day I'd get a decent tan when I was on the summer swim team and outside for 3 hrs a day...

What am I doing wrong? Is it a combination of dosing too high and not going outside long enough? Should I just dose before I tan instead of loading? I love the results when they work but not at the expense of having weird-looking skin and zombie eyes. Any advice? I'd just like a deep, even tan, and I finally have the time to get as much sun exposure as necessary to make that happen this summer. Thanks for any info.
  2. #2 7th April 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: 4 Years, Mixed Results. What Have I Been Doing Wrong?

Thank you for sharing, welcome tanomano! I would love to hear and learn more from your experiences with melanotan. Do you happen to have any photos which might highlight the weirdness (gray color, dirty knuckles, etc)?

From what I can tell, it doesn't seem like you were necessarily doing anything wrong.

When dosing a quarter of a mg per week, was it just one injection?

Did you proactively protect your face (lips and under-eyes especially) from overexposure?

Slow, steady and consistency are the tricks of the trade....

I am of the believe there's plenty potential for a seasoned MT user (and some newbies) to receive sunless tanning results from potent system melanocortin peptides (MT-1 and MT-2). Of course I will frown upon dosing too high and/or going outside for too long. Dosing only prior to tanning is not the answer either imho.

Have you considered using the less potent alternative to MT-2, ever try MT-1? Rarely do users report issues surrounding rapid tanning. I wouldn't expect a deep tan to develop...however you may enjoy the cosmetic benefit & prefer the risk profile/experience. Appreciate your questions & perspective!
  3. #3 11th April 2015 
    Thanks

What about loading with MT2 then using MT1 for maintenance? Has anyone tried this? I just thought this might develop the tan quickly and then reduce sides by using the MT1 after.
  4. #4 11th April 2015 
    Thanks

Ive done the opposite loaded with MT1 back in 2010 then maintained with MT2 as much less is needed.

Side effects were the same for me on each peptide except with MT2 you get the libido effect ( frequent boners )

I don't load anymore ( injections everyday for the first few weeks ) instead I do 1 - 3 injections a week then when my moles and facial hair start to darken I get UV exposure.

I think a possible reason for your greyish color is lack of UV exposure. I could be wrong but I remember reading on the old forums that without UV exposure from the start for some people the peptide makes there skin appear a greyish color

* BoB
  5. #5 11th April 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    What about loading with MT2 then using MT1 for maintenance? Has anyone tried this? I just thought this might develop the tan quickly and then reduce sides by using the MT1 after.
    "
    I like the theory darryl d. I've experimented in this fashion, hard to say I'd recommend the strategy in most instances. After loading with MT2...there aren't many sides to be reduced (that lowering the dosage cannot accomplish). MT-1 certainly reduces the effect and photoprotection potential...it works though (takes more patience, the right skin type and listening to your body to value results). I think MT-1 usage overall is for those not after a quick tan (off season perhaps). MT-1 is moreso for those who do not wish to blow their cover by tanning too fast and/or super-physiological (MT-2 rapidly tans many of us...and the libido/etc aren't desirable for everybody).
  6. #6 13th April 2015 
    Thanks

"
    Thank you for sharing, welcome tanomano! I would love to hear and learn more from your experiences with melanotan. Do you happen to have any photos which might highlight the weirdness (gray color, dirty knuckles, etc)?

From what I can tell, it doesn't seem like you were necessarily doing anything wrong.

When dosing a quarter of a mg per week, was it just one injection?

Did you proactively protect your face (lips and under-eyes especially) from overexposure?

Slow, steady and consistency are the tricks of the trade....

I am of the believe there's plenty potential for a seasoned MT user (and some newbies) to receive sunless tanning results from potent system melanocortin peptides (MT-1 and MT-2). Of course I will frown upon dosing too high and/or going outside for too long. Dosing only prior to tanning is not the answer either imho.

Have you considered using the less potent alternative to MT-2, ever try MT-1? Rarely do users report issues surrounding rapid tanning. I wouldn't expect a deep tan to develop...however you may enjoy the cosmetic benefit & prefer the risk profile/experience. Appreciate your questions & perspective!
    "

I'm not sure if I have any specific photos highlighting these issues. The gray/purplish color to my skin was not extreme, mind you. I've read other accounts of it and it seems to occur in people when loading but prior to any tanning sessions. It almost looks like you're becoming a very pale version of a darker ethnicity. Here's an account of a similar experience from another person's MT-2 Journal from 2011]
    "-My face is turning a charcoal color. It looks like my face is dirty all the time. Doesn't look natural.
    -Moles became much more pronounced and larger and many more appeared on my face than I expected
    -My lips turned purple along with my gums
    -The circles under my eyes became more pronounced as well. Not good!
    -The skin on my genitalia also turned darker and charcoal colored. (my wife noticed too!)
    -As I mentioned above even my gums turned darker.
    -Any scars you have will be more pronounced as well."

(source]
    I've experienced these exact symptoms every time. I get "darker" without getting "browner," if that makes sense. Even when I was very tan in 2011, it was a bit unusual-looking.

When dosing, I've experimented with the injections. In 2011 I dosed .25mg a day until I was the desired color. Since the skin sides were too extreme, in the ensuing years I've experimented and dropped the dosage down to as low as once a week at .25mg. I have not consistently tanned other than 2011, which is why my best results were then. But I've always had the sides this other person has listed above.

I'll look into MT-1, but it seems strange that MT-2 wouldn't work better for me, given that I am a very fair-skinned guy who does not tan quickly.

7. #7 13th April 2015 
    Thanks

"

I think a possible reason for your greyish color is lack of UV exposure. I could be wrong but I remember reading on the old forums that without UV exposure from the start for some people the peptide makes there skin appear a greyish color

* BoB
    "

That would make perfect sense. I wasn't going out in the sun much at all when I was loading.
  8. #8 14th April 2015 
    Thanks

Yes you really need UV exposure especially if you are loading. Try get more UV exposure and let us know if that solves the strange color.

* BoB
  9. #9 20th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Did you use tanning bed? I also have suffered from uneven tan when I decided to rely on sunlight and MT-2 alone (no tan beds or what). Since your lips turned violet and you got dark circles under your eyes, I guess it would be okay if you try to shift from using MT-2 to MT-1. I prefer MT-2, but I guess it is possible that MT-2 is not that great for your body.