• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 2nd April 2015 
    Thanks

A couple of questions before starting Melanotan II

Hi friends,

I just wanted to say that I have now received everything I need to begin MII and I'm super excited.

I just have a few questions before I start!

I've noticed a lot of the guides talking about how much bacteriostatic water was needed per 10mg vial of MII, however I have 2 5mg vials.

I also have 30mL of bacteriostatic water ready to go.

Here are the syringes I have]

Question 1)
    How much BW should I use for each vial? I plan on starting my dose at .25mg, and probably going no higher than .5mg for loading.

Question 2)
    How many ticks should I fill the syringe to for .25mg and .5mg? I plan on pre loading them and then freezing them until I need them for the day. Should I have gotten smaller syringes? They're 29g 1ml 1/2" insulin syringes.

Question 3)
    As I have a few moles on my body, would dosing low at .25mg for the first few days be a smart thing to do, so my moles don't get dark immediately? It won't bother me if they get dark in the first place, but I'm just wanting to know if dosing lower would slower the effect.

Question 4)
    How long should my loading phase be? If I'm doing, say, .25mg for 4 days and then moving up to .5mg, how many days should I dose at .5mg? Until I get the color I'm wanting? And once I'm at that color, should I inject 1mg a week to maintain? Or how should I continue once I finish my loading phase?

Question 5)
    Should I begin going to the tanning bed (for probably 3-5 minutes) after the four days at .25mg? Or should I wait longer? I'm a type 2 skin type, if that matters.

I'm sorry for bombarding you guys with a bunch of questions. I just really want to make sure I nail this correctly for my first time! I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions, I just can't think of any more currently.

Once again, super excited to being! Thank you guys for your time.
  2. #2 3rd April 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: A couple of questions before starting Melanotan II

Great questions Shazam, welcome to Melanotan Forum. I like those 5mg vials of MT2. When mixed with 2mL bacteriostatic water, 10 units (tick mark #5) on your insulin syringe will yield 250mcg - might I suggest if pre-loading, attempt to arrive at 20 syringes per vial (imho there is little need to go over 250mcg and further, storage in the fridge should suffice).

Are you in a rush to arrive at the effects? I would actually feel comfortable dosing half of what you're planning on at the moment...given there is not a time constraint. Dosing daily (for loading) and dosing every other or every third day might work well. Given your skin type, I think your goals and plan is appropriate - best of luck & keep us posted on your results!
  3. #3 3rd April 2015 
    Thanks

"
    Great questions Shazam, welcome to Melanotan Forum. I like those 5mg vials of MT2. When mixed with 2mL bacteriostatic water, 10 units (tick mark #5) on your insulin syringe will yield 250mcg - might I suggest if pre-loading, attempt to arrive at 20 syringes per vial (imho there is little need to go over 250mcg and further, storage in the fridge should suffice).

Are you in a rush to arrive at the effects? I would actually feel comfortable dosing half of what you're planning on at the moment...given there is not a time constraint. Dosing daily (for loading) and dosing every other or every third day might work well. Given your skin type, I think your goals and plan is appropriate - best of luck & keep us posted on your results!
    "

Thank you! I'm glad to be here.* ]

So I should use 2mL of the BW per vial? 4mL total between the two? Sounds easy enough.

I wouldn't necessarily say that I'm in a rush to arrive at the effects, but I would like to be nice and tan by Mid May/June if possible, (of course being tan sooner would be great as well). Also, more of a benefit than anything, but I would also like to see if my hair and facial hair darkens while taking MII. I'm blonde, but my facial hair is a darker/dirty blonde. Would that still be possible if I stay at 250mcg for all of my doses? And 10 units on the syringe would be the halfway point between 0 and 10, correct?

If I'm going to be only dosing at 250, how long should I load for? or should I be injecting 250 every day I'm using MII? or can I up the dosage and just inject 1x or 2x weekly?

When should I start tanning, as well?

And alright, I can just keep my pre loaded syringes in the fridge and that'll be good enough for storage? Sounds good.

Once again, I apologize for all of the questions! Thank you for all of your help.
  4. #4 3rd April 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Thank you! I'm glad to be here.* ]
    So I should use 2mL of the BW per vial? 4mL total between the two? Sounds easy enough.

I wouldn't necessarily say that I'm in a rush to arrive at the effects, but I would like to be nice and tan by Mid May/June if possible, (of course being tan sooner would be great as well). Also, more of a benefit than anything, but I would also like to see if my hair and facial hair darkens while taking MII. I'm blonde, but my facial hair is a darker/dirty blonde. Would that still be possible if I stay at 250mcg for all of my doses? And 10 units on the syringe would be the halfway point between 0 and 10, correct?

If I'm going to be only dosing at 250, how long should I load for? or should I be injecting 250 every day I'm using MII? or can I up the dosage and just inject 1x or 2x weekly?

When should I start tanning, as well?

And alright, I can just keep my pre loaded syringes in the fridge and that'll be good enough for storage? Sounds good.

Once again, I apologize for all of the questions! Thank you for all of your help.
    "
    Yes sir, use 2mL per MT2 vial to reconstitute. Given your goals w/ regards to darkening facial hair and w/ my familiarity with your specific MT2 brand...my suggestion is to pre-load your syringes w/ the aim of getting ~30 pins per vial. it is my personal theory/experience that dosing low at a higher frequency best delivers the desirable hair darkening effect (ie.]10 units on your insulin syringe is at the 10. Please no apologies for asking questions, thank you for helping!
  5. #5 3rd April 2015 
    Thanks

"
    Yes sir, use 2mL per MT2 vial to reconstitute. Given your goals w/ regards to darkening facial hair and w/ my familiarity with your specific MT2 brand...my suggestion is to pre-load your syringes w/ the aim of getting ~30 pins per vial. it is my personal theory/experience that dosing low at a higher frequency best delivers the desirable hair darkening effect (ie.]10 units on your insulin syringe is at the 10. Please no apologies for asking questions, thank you for helping!
    "

Awesome. Dosing daily it is then! When you say around 30 pins per vial, wouldn't I have to dose lower than 250 for that? Unless I calculated wrong, 250 would be around enough for 20 pins. Are you recommending going lower? And how long does it usually take to see the darkening of the hair? A couple of weeks, correct?

Thank you again for the help. I really appreciate it.* ;D
  6. #6 3rd April 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Awesome. Dosing daily it is then! When you say around 30 pins per vial, wouldn't I have to dose lower than 250 for that? Unless I calculated wrong, 250 would be around enough for 20 pins. Are you recommending going lower? And how long does it usually take to see the darkening of the hair? A couple of weeks, correct?

"
    Right on Shazam! Yes sir, when I use those 5mg vials...my aim is to pre-load 40 syringes
    I consider anything over 100mcg MT2 to be plenty potent. With daily dosing, expect facial hair darkening by the third week (as early as week 2). Best of luck, please keep us posted on your results!
  7. #7 3rd April 2015 
    Thanks

"
    "

"
    Right on Shazam! Yes sir, when I use those 5mg vials...my aim is to pre-load 40 syringes
    I consider anything over 100mcg MT2 to be plenty potent. With daily dosing, expect facial hair darkening by the third week (as early as week 2). Best of luck, please keep us posted on your results!
    "

Oh wow, so should I just dose at say, 150? That would be three ticks, after reconstituting with 2mL BW, right? That's around 30 pins, so that would be good.

Also, you said you had some familiarity with these vials, are you saying that you've used these previously?

and I definitely will. I'll be taking pre mII pics before I start and then I'll take update pics every week after, so I'll definitely keep you guys updated!