• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 27th March 2015 
    Thanks

Am i dosing correct?

Hi there, i tried searching for a definite answer on the site however can not find anything, and im sure you have all heard this before but im just a bit stuck!

I have 10mg of melanotan 2, reconstituted it with 2ml of bac water, and have these syringes..

"BD Ultra fine U-100 insulin syringes" and i have also attached a pic.

I want to dose at 0.5mg every day to load however dont know how to measure this on the syringe, so where would 0.5mg be on these pins? all help appreciated!
  2. #2 27th March 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Am i dosing correct?

It'll be on the line next to the '10' marking. It should also be 6th little line, including the zero marking.
  3. #3 27th March 2015 
    Thanks

Thanks for that! is that definitely correct with it being mixed with 2ml instead of 1ml then? thanks!
  4. #4 27th March 2015 
    Thanks

next time get 30u syringes its easer to use them for low dose, and if you haven't used MT2 before .500 is a bit strong to start , you might want to try .100 for the first two days to see how you handle the product then move up to .250 for a while as for loading with MT2 is not necessary you can start getting UV on third or 4 day and go slow like 6 min in a sun bed or 10 min in natural sunlight.
  5. #5 27th March 2015 
    Thanks

Okay thanks for that! so 2 and a half units will equal to 0.250mg with 2ml reconstituted then?
  6. #6 27th March 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Okay thanks for that! so 2 and a half units will equal to 0.250mg with 2ml reconstituted then?
    "
    5 units on your 100 unit insulin syringes will yield ~250mcg given your 10mg peptide is reconstituted w/ 2mL. It is tough and the large insulin syringe doesn't make it easy to arrive at low dosages w/ the greatest accuracy. As jim said, next round try and obtain .3 or .5ml syringes for dosing. good luck 2012!
  7. #7 27th May 2015 
    Thanks

Im back again! sorry about the late reply lol.. so going back to the same syringe, with 10mg reconstituted with 2ML bac water, the large number '20' = to 1mg? or have i got that wrong? thanks
  8. #8 27th May 2015 
    Thanks

"
    Im back again! sorry about the late reply lol.. so going back to the same syringe, with 10mg reconstituted with 2ML bac water, the large number '20' = to 1mg? or have i got that wrong? thanks
    "

thats right.

some people are going to disagree with you but they have their dosing all messed up. there are 1ml syringes with 50 tick marks and ones with 100 tick marks. this would make each tick mark 2 units and 1 unit, respectively. you're using 50 tick 1ml syringes with 2ml of water so each tick is actually 0.1mg which imo is the best way to reconstitute using our needles.
  9. #9 27th May 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    some people are going to disagree with you but they have their dosing all messed up. there are 1ml syringes with 50 tick marks and ones with 100 tick marks. this would make each tick mark 2 units and 1 unit, respectively. you're using 50 tick 1ml syringes with 2ml of water so each tick is actually 0.1mg which imo is the best way to reconstitute using our needles.
    "

I don't think anybody has said any different. I've not seen many 100 tick, 1ml needles of late, and didn't even think BD supplied them in the MF+ range?

I covered it in my guide though, using the two most common needle sizes. I'll post the relevant image below in case the OP, or anyone wants to see.

[hr]

"
    "

That's correct, yes;
    10,000mcg (10mg) peptide
    divided by
    200 units* * (2ml)* * water
    = 50mcg/unit.

1,000mcg (1mg)* * peptide
    divided by
    50mcg/unit
    = 20 units

Lastly, I'd probably stick at 500mcg unless you're going for hair darkening.

Tom
  10. #10 27th May 2015 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "

thats right.
    Yes, with 200u of water in a 10mg vial, 20=1mg
    Best of luck, and I also very much reccomend smaller syringes for more granularity.
    "