• Register

Thread: Hesperetin

1. #1 20th March 2015 
    Thanks

Hesperetin

Hi all,

This might be promising]
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278691515000630

Has a small molecular weight so might fit through human skin in vivo.

can anyone access the full paper?
  2. #2 20th March 2015 
    Thanks

Re: Hesperetin

Hesperetin induces melanin production in adult human epidermal melanocytes

* * Iris Usacha, 1,
    * * Raquel Taléns-Viscontia, 1,
    * * Lorena Magraner-Pardob,
    * * José-Esteban Perisa, ,

Highlights

* * Hesperitin, a Citrus flavanone, induces melanin synthesis in human melanocytes.

* * Hesperitin increases melanocyte tyrosinase activity.

* * The melanogenic effect is observed in mouse melanoma cells and human melanocytes.

Abstract

One of the major sources of flavonoids for humans are citrus fruits, hesperidin being the predominant flavonoid. Hesperetin (HSP), the aglycon of hesperidin, has been reported to provide health benefits such as antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anticarcinogenic effects. However, the effect of HSP on skin pigmentation is not clear. Some authors have found that HSP induces melanogenesis in murine B16-F10 melanoma cells, which, if extrapolated to in vivo conditions, might protect skin against photodamage. Since the effect of HSP on normal melanocytes could be different to that observed on melanoma cells, the described effect of HSP on murine melanoma cells has been compared to the effect obtained using normal human melanocytes. HSP concentrations of 25 and 50?µM induced melanin synthesis and tyrosinase activity in human melanocytes in a concentration-dependent manner. Compared to control melanocytes, 25?µM HSP increased melanin production and tyrosinase activity 1.4-fold (p?
  3. #3 21st March 2015 
    Thanks

Thanks, anyone has an idea for ratios using in a formula ( and leaving out the dmso, could be replaced by dmi maybe), should also work for hair.
    Where would it be the easiest to order this?
  4. #4 22nd March 2015 
    Thanks

Some sources:

http://www.healthmonthly.co.uk/swanson_hesperidin?gclid=CKWlzP_LvMQCFevpwgod_XMAhQ

or

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/hesperidin.html
  5. #5 23rd March 2015 
    Thanks

Thank you.

Any suggestions on how to mix this in a lotion?
  6. #6 24th March 2015 
    Thanks

http://www.cellbone.com/Hesperidin.htm

some info on solubility, I really want to trial this with a good formula.
  7. #7 30th March 2015 
    Thanks

the company that sells forskolin also sells water soluble hesperidin. I want to order soon, so I hope anyone could give advice on how to use it. Would water, hesperidin, DMI be a good option?

http://www.smartpowders.com/doctor-s-best-best-hesperidin-methyl-chalcone-60-vcaps.html
  8. #8 30th April 2015 
    Thanks

Today I received my hesperidin methyl chalcone.

Though this version should be water soluble, I was left with a big ball of wet powder afterwards.

I mixed 5 grams of hesperidin with 5 ml of DMI and 4 cl distilled water. The mix is very yellow-orange.

I hope someone can elaborate on this and give me some instructions if I'd better to things differently.
  9. #9 3rd May 2015 
    Thanks

"
    Today I received my hesperidin methyl chalcone.

Though this version should be water soluble, I was left with a big ball of wet powder afterwards.

I mixed 5 grams of hesperidin with 5 ml of DMI and 4 cl distilled water. The mix is very yellow-orange.

I hope someone can elaborate on this and give me some instructions if I'd better to things differently.
    "

This is very interesting. Do you think there is a chance that hesperidin and melitane can have synergenic effects?
  10. #10 3rd May 2015 
    Thanks

I'm trying it on one side, but I know it takes time. I never noticed melitane results before two to three months. In the past I gave up after a few weeks claiming something didn't work.

Hopefully others can elaborate on this as well. These topics deserve more attention.
  11. #11 4th May 2015 
    Thanks

"
    These topics deserve more attention.
    "

I agree. For many a solid topical alternative to the melanotans is preferable to the injectables due to issues with convenience and side effects.

It might also interest distributors of mt1/2 and other sellers as the potential demand for such a topical could be quite large. The number of people willing to use an underground tanner (which solves a big problem for many) as long as they don't have to inject or ingest anything might represent a sizeable market and potential profits.
  12. #12 14th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Hi folks first time here . I just wonder if anyone has had any success with this and could anyone make an estimate as to how long it would take before this was refined either home made or produced into an effective usable product ,

Thanks a million folks