• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 24th February 2015 
    Thanks

When would you begin using sun beds?

Skin type 1. Dosing 250mcg everyday for 2 weeks then 250mcg every other day.* When should I begin using sun beds? for how long? and what kinds?

thank you
  2. #2 24th February 2015 
    Thanks

Re: When would you begin using sun beds?

I'm skin type 2 I did a subbed after 3 days of 0.5mg went a bit pink on the day but next day browned over. Probably overdid first subbed 8 mins on a fairly strong bed.
  3. #3 24th February 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

You can start using beds straight away. Just take it slow and don't burn - it may seem silly going to the beds for just 3-4 mins but it'll make a world of difference.
  4. #4 24th February 2015 
    Thanks

awesome! what about tanning oils and whatnot? and how frequent?
  5. #5 26th February 2015 
    Thanks

Start very slowly on the beds

Literally 2 or 3 minutes try not to burn. You should eventually see a tan starting to develop you will go a bit pink at first no matter how careful you are this is because the skin needs to burn a bit first before it develops a tan.

I would say do 1 or 2 beds a week depending on how your skin is reacting. Just don't over do it you will do more damage than good. Its a slow process you need a month or 2 depending on your skin to start developing a good tan.

Also natural sun light is much more effective.

I used australian gold tan accelerant cream while I was using sunbeds. It keeps the skin moist helps protect it while on the beds and has all the ingredients to help skin develop a tan. There are many different creams on the market all generally doing the same thing I found ebay the cheapest place to buy them.

Hope this helps

* Brian
  6. #6 27th February 2015 
    Thanks

I was always under the impression you should do a heft load phase before it is worth your time to tan, especially as a skin type 1/2.
    I like to load around 10-20mg before i bother with it.
  7. #7 27th February 2015 
    Thanks

I agree with you bret as a type one myself I like to build up about 15 - 20mg of MT2 before I start on the beds. That would be if I completely cut my cycle during the winter however I permanently dose about .25mg 2 or 3 times a week so its always in my system.

I think when your freckles / moles start to darken or your facial hair its a good sign to start getting some UV exposure