• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 28th June 2015 
    Thanks

Topical for white spots?

Any topical works for small white spots?
    Thanks
  2. #2 28th June 2015 
    Thanks

Re: Topical for white spots?

I don't think there is, at least not at the moment

The white spots that you get from melanotan usage or just tanning in general are from lack of melanocytes. Unless they are fungal (tinea versicolour). The theory is that U.V radiation causes them, though the jury is still out on it. The only way they could be gotten rid of is buy damaging the spots from things like co2 lasers like fraxel. These destroy specific parts of the skin. Once the selected spot is destroyed, the body heals the spot. In this process new collagen is formed (And hopefully) melanocytes migrate to the affected area. The tanning creams/formulations can only stimulate melanocytes if they are present so a topical shouldn't have any effect. If they somehow managed to make a topical that tempted melanocytes to migrate then it would work but i don't think that's possible (could be wrong)

Are the spots like these?
    (i attached a photo)

If so, the laser is your best bet. Depends how bad you have it or want them removed i guess.

Co2 laser for IGH
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22646755

i'm booking one as soon as i can, (it's about 1,500 euro/dollars) for the face and neck which is what i'll be getting. If you only had a few white spots here and there it would be considerably less.

3. #3 28th June 2015 
    Thanks

That's exactly how they look. I have tried for 6 months with various agents against yeast and it has not changed anything, so I had even come forward to it may be lack of melanocytes.

I have them thankfully not in the face, but places on the body where I earlier in life have had too much sun and have been burned countless times.

Once you gain experience with laser treatment so I would like to hear about it ]
    The expertise found here impresses me still. Thanks
  4. #4 28th June 2015 
    Thanks

Will do man. Iv'e to save up first though, could be a while lol
  5. #5 28th June 2015 
    Thanks

My last cosmetic skin problem is the white spots, and them I will even try to acid away. Have you tried any at home like me?

http://melanotanforum.com/melanotan-2/removal-of-skin-growths-moles-freckles-warts-and-dirty-nasty-things/
  6. #6 28th June 2015 
    Thanks

I probably wouldn't experiment on my body like that to be honest (rich coming from a heavy previous user of mt2 such as myself I know lol). A line has to be drawn somewhere though I think.

I don't mean to sound condescending because i'm definitely not any authority on whats safe etc. but i'd suggest you leave that sort of stuff to the professionals.
    If you do choose to do these things yourself i do think you should continue to report them to the forum though, because it's still useful info regardless of whether i agree with you doing them. I myself wouldn't to be honest. scraping the tip off a possible melanoma is like scraping the top off an iceberg, there could still be something underneath the surface.

The white spots are the same. Acid would be a bad idea i reckon as the co2 lasers that are used to treat them (non ablative) actually heat the surface underneath the skin without destroying the epidermis. If you used acid, i think the skin tissue would scar. I'm not qualified but that's what i would imagine would happen.

Id' stick to the pros if I were you, i'm broke as broke can be, but i'd rather be broke and odd looking temporarily then slightly richer but permanently disfigured.

Save up like me man* ]
  7. #7 28th June 2015 
    Thanks

you might try dermarolling? on the old board there were users that stimulated melanin production in singular white areas by a few dermarolling sessions...

worth a shot.
  8. #8 29th June 2015 
    Thanks

"
    scraping the tip off a possible melanoma is like scraping the top off an iceberg, there could still be something underneath the surface.
    "

Very remarkably.
    Thanks
  9. #9 29th June 2015 
    Thanks

"
    you might try dermarolling?
    "

This I had completely forgotten. There are many recommendations on Derma Rolling. It should of course I try.
    Thanks a lot.