• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 10th January 2015 
    Thanks

Medical issues

What are your thoughts on these people that report all these health problems? It's one thing for the media to say it but I was reading another article that had hundred of comments talking about the problems people suffered. One girl said she loved talking but started suffering heart palpitations. Even the warning on my MT2 said it could cause those and even death blah blah. Just wondering if anyone had any insight on that. I've been taking for over 3 years and have never had anything except the usual side effects except for one.* People also talked about the link between mt2 and anxiety. I can't or won't say it's caused by mt2 but about 1 1/2 years after I started taking I started to suffer from anxiety. Again not saying it's related or caused but worth discussing.
  2. #2 10th January 2015 
    Thanks

Re: Medical issues

Heart palpitations are the only severe negative thing I've ever heard that could be linked to Melanotan. As for death, there was one incident of a girl dying while on Melanotan II however it was declared to be unrelated. Anxiety is tricky, a lot of people get anxious over the fact that they are taking a non-fda approved drug or worry about side effects. Generally, I don't think it's related. I've read many articles warning people that melanotan is dangerous but they always seem to fail to mention why it is dangerous. I've don't recall reading any actual studies that found Melanotan II to be dangerous, however there haven't been many of them. Melanotan I seems to be excelling in the safety field from the numerous studies done on it.
  3. #3 10th January 2015 
    Thanks

Most of it is in your head. If you "think": I'm taking a safe drug, you won't experience the side effects ( except for the first days). If you "think": OMG I'm taking an uncontrolled substance, then anxiety comes along. IMHO
  4. #4 10th January 2015 
    Thanks

"
    Most of it is in your head. If you "think"]"

This is my general thought towards the anxiety, I remember i was literally SHAKING when i was going to do my first injection. I'd say the only serious medical issues I have seen people try to relate to Melanotan II is heart palpitations(this is the only one I'm worried about, I don't think Melanotan itself causes it but that it is a result of companies producing peptides in unsanitary enviroments such as the chinese manufactures )and CSR which IMO has absolutely no relation to melanotan.(IMO people only started spreading this rumor because they weren't aware of what a nevus is and how common they are)

It's worth saying that alot of medical issues tend to appear in a person's 20-30's which seems to be the usual age that alot of people begin taking Melanotan. I don't want to try and make it seem like Melanotan is a drug that is perfectly safe and doesn't have any time of negative affects whatsoever because in truth we really don't know that but I feel like alot of people try to blame common health complications on whatever drug's they are taking or have taken when in reality they were genetically preconditioned to have these health complications occur regardless of there drug history.
  5. #5 10th January 2015 
    Thanks

One more thing I'll add is that I have heard that Melanotan II could be hard on your liver/kidneys, though again it's mostly me just reading a single users experience with it rather than an actual study. I must admit with Melanotan II's lack of medical trials it is becoming increasingly tempting to switch over to afamelanotide(MT I) due to it's apparent success in the medical trials. It has passed stage II and I believe it may have passed stage III and is currently in post-trial review. Can anyone confirm? It is also currently being prescribed in Italy and perhaps in the next two years the European union as a whole. Unfortunately, I doubt the majority of us would be capable of getting prescriptions for it and will have to continue to rely on the websites currently selling peptides which in itself is not entirely bad but we will still be at risks for buying contaminated products.(God damn, I could talk in circles about this drug all day.)
  6. #6 10th January 2015 
    Thanks

My kidneys and liver have always been fine when being on melanotan. It's better not to worry people about things we don't know. I don't know about long time users having liver or kidney problems.
  7. #7 13th January 2015 
    Thanks

I have also had heart rhythm disorders of MT2 in the beginning, but now my body got used to it and I get no side effects more. I take 500mcg / ED year round.

The doctor at my dermatology clinic says that it causes cancer of melanocytes because they become overstimulated, but I can not find documentation.

I love MT2 and I will use it, the rest of my life]
  8. #8 13th January 2015 
    Thanks

I've been taking MT2 for several years now and its no joke when people say this isn't 100% safe.
    don't try to convince yourself and make yourself so comfortable about it. you're still injecting something that we don't know everything about. it's a risk. you're making a decision here. don't forget that guys.

I for myself just cant stand being pale so i'm continuing.
    I'm not talking about the usual side effects or what people do wrong while injecting. also not about bad suppliers.
    but i heard and read about several people having blood pressure issues. And I experienced it myself. I'm almost completely sure it was for the MT2. Has not been fun.
    I can only give the advice to stay with low doses. Take it slowly, give it time. Also it surely messes around with your hormones somehow.
    I mean we're all kinda crazy risking our health for those superficial things, just because people in the past called us pale. But I guess that's how we work.
    Hopefully something safer will come out in the future.

take care
  9. #9 13th January 2015 
    Thanks

"
    I've been taking MT2 for several years now and its no joke when people say this isn't 100% safe.
    don't try to convince yourself and make yourself so comfortable about it. you're still injecting something that we don't know everything about. it's a risk. you're making a decision here. don't forget that guys.

I for myself just cant stand being pale so i'm continuing.
    I'm not talking about the usual side effects or what people do wrong while injecting. also not about bad suppliers.
    but i heard and read about several people having blood pressure issues. And I experienced it myself. I'm almost completely sure it was for the MT2. Has not been fun.
    I can only give the advice to stay with low doses. Take it slowly, give it time. Also it surely messes around with your hormones somehow.
    I mean we're all kinda crazy risking our health for those superficial things, just because people in the past called us pale. But I guess that's how we work.
    Hopefully something safer will come out in the future.

take care
    "

I try to treat it like medication, I only take it if I need to. This summer I probably won't work outside and will just be outdoors 2 days a week for 2 hours so sunscreen will suffice, no need for MT 2. I'm a high II though so I might be a bit bias. This forum left me feeling bad for the redheads/ I's of the community and made me thankful for the little protection my Norse blood left me.
  10. #10 13th January 2015 
    Thanks

I'm experiencing with alternatives and they give some results but not yet to the point I would want them to have results ( especially with hair darkening). Those are results I can not achieve under 1 mg a day. Otherwise I have no results.
    The question is: I have been dosing like that for a year and my bloodwork was fine, apart from the initial side effects, I had no problem, but maybe some others are more sensitive to it which could happen with any kind of drug. Do I have to be unhappy about my appearance just because of some irrational thoughts ( bloodwork is fine but what could happen in 30 yrs, thoughts like that)
  11. #11 13th January 2015 
    Thanks

"
    I'm experiencing with alternatives and they give some results but not yet to the point I would want them to have results ( especially with hair darkening). Those are results I can not achieve under 1 mg a day. Otherwise I have no results.
    The question is]"

You are right in the fact that some people may not have the same tolerance for it as you do. I'm not asking for people to stop taking or to lower their doses, I just want people to be fully aware of everything we've heard so far about Melanotan II before they decide whether or not they want to take it. I think that's important.
  12. #12 13th January 2015 
    Thanks

The thing is: many people take medication that has a lot of side effects but not to an extent that it ruins their bodies or lives. Some people are perfectly fine talking something while others have severe side effects.
    Most long term users dosing high ( I'm not saying those freak injecting 6 mg at once) are fine, after let's say 8-10 years. At the beginning moles and freckles seem to get darker but they don't get darker after a certain point. For instance]Of course the fact that it's not FDA approved scares off more people than the actual side effects, but IMHO half of our street takes potentially more dangerous drugs.
  13. #13 13th January 2015 
    Thanks

first there is no 100% safe drug even USDA approved ones one have a list of adverse reactions including mixing with other drugs, which in some are death(some say that deaths from drug reaction are higher than deaths from firearms), even simple drugs like alcohol are cause app. 6 deaths a day in the US, as on now there has not been a single death attributed* to MT2(except in the yellow press), though one idiot came close by injecting app. 6mg according to article. 99.9% of problems caused by MT2 are from people not doing the proper amount of research before starting , as I said no drug is 100% safe that is why one should start out very low like .100mg for a couple of days to see how your body reacts to it then increase slowly. if a problem arises then cease the injections .
  14. #14 13th January 2015 
    Thanks

The question is: if you seem to tolerate it well, do you have to worry about: what "could" happen in 30 years.
    I haven't been taken M2 in months and this weekend I had some stomach upsets and thought: well, this happens. When I was on M2 I thought: OMG M2 is evil.
  15. #15 13th January 2015 
    Thanks

at my age I don't*
  16. #16 15th January 2015 
    Thanks

"
    Heart palpitations are the only severe negative thing I've ever heard that could be linked to Melanotan. As for death, there was one incident of a girl dying while on Melanotan II however it was declared to be unrelated. Anxiety is tricky, a lot of people get anxious over the fact that they are taking a non-fda approved drug or worry about side effects. Generally, I don't think it's related. I've read many articles warning people that melanotan is dangerous but they always seem to fail to mention why it is dangerous. I've don't recall reading any actual studies that found Melanotan II to be dangerous, however there haven't been many of them. Melanotan I seems to be excelling in the safety field from the numerous studies done on it.
    "

Heart palpitations are just feeling the heart beat, which may be irregular. This may or may not be an actual irregular beat. And if it is, it's likely a PVC (Premature Ventricular Contraction). They are completely harmless and most people get them you just don't always feel them. What you need to look out for are atrial fibrillation and other arrhythmias. There's no way to know what's happening for sure without seeing a doctor though.

I had some (what I found out later to be) PVCs caused by caffeine intake (coffee). They were quite scary until I got them checked out. I hardly get them now since I know what they are. Anxiety/stress is also a well known cause which definitely made mine worse. So, someone worrying about injecting a non-approved drug could get heart palpitations just from the anxiety and not from the drug at all. That said, there's a small chance that MT can affect the heart. MT-1 has proven to not have any adverse cardiovascular effects in trials, though.
  17. #17 31st January 2015 
    Thanks

I agree with Alex226. I am type 1 and this stuff has changed my life for the better. That being said, I think it is important not to discount potential negative side effects. I remember in the 80s when everyone was injecting steroids to pack on the muscle. All I ever heard was how safe this was. We know where that went.

I hope people keep posting new information including any negative side effects. I guess the best course is to stay tuned to this site and hope more scientific conclusions are forthcoming.
  18. #18 31st January 2015 
    Thanks

People have been using M2 for over ten years with no problems. I think the steroids side effects were obvious after much less than ten years.
    The thing is: year after year there are more long term users and it doesn't seem that anyone has already noticed unwanted side effects ( except for the initial side effects and some people being allergic to it for whatever reason)
  19. #19 2nd February 2015 
    Thanks

DD the big problem with steroids was not the steroids themselves it was the over use of them , the proper use of them led to very few problems , again its the end user that caused most of the problems.
  20. #20 7th February 2015 
    Thanks

Just want to add that as stated above, not everyone reacts the same to a specific drug/steroid/peptide.* We are all different and don't necessarily react the same.* While I can drink milk, many others are lactose intolerant.

Factors that can change a users reaction include (but not limited to)]
    Most prescriptions are written by doctors who prescribe based on knowing about the drug, what it does, testing/trials and side effects plus your general health and/or testing to make sure you are healthy enough.* So when taking something like MT2 in which doctors are not involved is definitely risky.* Even saying that, doctors really don't know what will happen if YOU take a drug they prescribe you....they only know what reactions could happen.

Lastly, people reporting severe side effects from MT2 are basing their reports on untested and uneducated opinions.* Because you have a reaction does not necessarily mean MT2 was the cause (as the death case above was mentioned).* It may have been a preexisting condition (health issues like poor immune/kidney/liver function, heart disease, blood pressure etc) , bad reaction with another substance, so on and so forth.* We don't know if these people had health problems (known or unknown) which MT2 could have affected, or maybe they were taking MDMA or smoking crack while on MT2 and because they didn't have reactions before MT2 they just assume MT2 is the cause.* We also don't really know where it came from and HOW they were using it (mixing/dose/frequency etc)....maybe the got it from a back alley somewhere or maybe they were abusing it.* We just don't know and they don't know either.* But the same can be said for people who say its safe especially about long term side effects(which haven't been studied)....because we really don't know for sure.* Its easy to assume MT2 gave you heart palpitations because you had them when you took MT2 and don't get them when you don't take MT2.

That's why using MT2 could be risky and good judgement and careful use is very important.* Do your homework/research.* Maybe get physical and blood work done to check your health and continue health checks while using it to see if it changes.* You know yourself the best.* If in doubt, don't use it.

Just my 2 cents.