• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 3rd January 2015 
    Thanks

Please Help, first time using went VERY wrong

Hi Guys,

I would like some help with using melanotan this time around. A bit of my back story and experience from using a year and a half ago. I'm a 21 year old guy who suffers with rosacea, which means red cheeks and lots of flushing which makes them redder at times. Just over 18 months ago I was prescribed a medication for rosacea called mepacrine, which is mainly used as an anti-malarial medication. The main side effect of the medication is* yellow skin discolouring. It was when my skin turned very yellow (looks like jaundince) that I decided to try melanotan. I dosed way too high and the yellow colour that my skin already was mixed with the melanotan and tanning I went bright orange. The most horrendous colour possible. Just imagine what the worst spray tan looks like, that I was like. My face was much worse than my body.

Obviously this made me feel horrendous and I had many comments from people, all negative about the 'abnormal' colour of my skin. I feel into depression and it seemed like ages for it to fade. All I wanted was a VERY slight tan to reduce the appearance of rosacea a little. Now thankfully all of the colour has pretty much faded, however on my forehead is a very slight orangey colour still. However all of the yellow from the rest of my body has gone now that I am no longer on the medication.

My rosacea is still very much there and visible and I would like to have a go a second time round again, but I want to proceed VERY cautiously. I don't even want to the my face at all for the beginning, just my body to see how that pans out first. I live in the UK so it won't be time to wear a tshirt and shorts until May so I don't mind experimenting with the colour of my body for a bit, and then if all goes okay I will let my face get a bit of colour.

I would like some of your advice on how best to proceed. I will be forced to use sunbeds as no strong sun in England. What would be the best way to cover my face in the sunbed, a towel? I prefer to use the lay down ones. How should I proceed in term of dosage. Please note again that I only want a VERY light tan, and eventually if I introduce my face I want it to be lighter than my body. Also where are people buying melanotan from at the moment as I saw that most of the websites have been shut down here in UK.

If anybody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I'm not doing this for cosmetic reasons, just to hopefully hide my rosacea a little bit.

Many thanks in advance!* ]
    Elvet
  2. #2 3rd January 2015 
    Thanks

Re: Please Help, first time using went VERY wrong

What is your skin type? Hair color? I've heard of some people with very red hair turning orangish. Have you considered Melanotan I? It would give a much more suble tan than Melanotan II would. Alongside this, melanin's anti-inflammatory abilities could potentially aid you in dealing with the flushing that rosacea causes. As for dosage, it will depend on several factors including my above questions as well whether you use Melanotan I or II. As for who to buy from, I've recently ordered from Labpeptides due to the highly praised reviews I've heard. They are UK based.
  3. #3 3rd January 2015 
    Thanks

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. It's funny as my hair is dark brown yet I am so white skinned naturally, and of course with red cheeks from rosacea it does not look too good. It's strange as my father is very tanned and has jet black hair and my mother is pale and light hair, so took her skin, and got the dark hair from my dad.

Could you please just explain to me a little more about the Melanotan 1?
  4. #4 3rd January 2015 
    Thanks

"
    Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. It's funny as my hair is dark brown yet I am so white skinned naturally, and of course with red cheeks from rosacea it does not look too good. It's strange as my father is very tanned and has jet black hair and my mother is pale and light hair, so took her skin, and got the dark hair from my dad.

Could you please just explain to me a little more about the Melanotan 1?
    "

I'll presume you are a skin type II then. Melanotan I was the original tanning drug. It's nowhere near as potent as Melanotan II and tends to give a light golden tan compared to Melanotan II's very dark tan. If you were to experience color problems again, it would most likely be much more minor compared to what you had before. It is also worth saying that it has passed almost all three of the drug trials needed to legalize across the EU as a whole as well as being actively prescribed within Italy.The first two trials it has passed, which are safety focused. The third trial is to test if there are any very rare side effects, however unless the side effects are extremely severe(death or crippling) it is unlikely to fail this trial. It is generally agreed to be safer than Melanotan II in the aspect that it has been tested and passed by the drug regulators. However, the dosing need to be a bit more frequent and in higher amounts. However, despite the higher more frequent dosing it has less side effects. Again, labpeptides sells it.
  5. #5 3rd January 2015 
    Thanks

Just my 2 cents but I think you would be okay now that you are off mepacrine.*

I'm not a melanotan expert but I do know a lot about pigment and melanin.

Sounds like mepacrine affects skin pigment (turns pigment yellow) and would explain why you turned from yellow to orange with melanotan.* Using the MT would only speed the color change, not necessarily the color although taking to much melanotan without knowing how it affects you was dumb to begin with.

However, some people with really fair skin (Type 1) will turn orange because of their skin pigment and UV exposure (with or without MT).*

The real question is, can you get/have you EVER had a normal brown tan (light or dark)?* If so then the reaction was likely due to the mepacrine and the MT2 accelerated the color change.* You should be okay once all the mepacrine is out of your system/skin is back to normal color.* *

Only way to really know would be to retry mt2....slowly and conservatively.

6. #6 3rd January 2015 
    Thanks

There is hope my friend :-)

http://melanotanforum.com/melanotan-2/poll-what-do-you-think-about-my-result/msg6390/#msg6390

I continue to take 500 mcg every day since June and I have accumulated 90 mg of MT2, and will continue. My rosacea is gone ]
    You MUST go in tanningbed 6-9 min. every week, and don't cover anything (like me).
    It will take time for a skintype-1 with Rosacea - ½ year.
    Low dose will not work.

Go for it.
  7. #7 3rd January 2015 
    Thanks

I don't disagree but would advise he work up to the dose and tanning time for more gradual change so he can stop if he doesn't like the color he's seeing (before he turns into an Oompa loompa).

Diet and supplements can also affect color (Carotenosis). Something to consider.
  8. #8 3rd January 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thank you for sharing your story Elvet, I must mirror the guidance from Alex. Given your goals, environment and prior experience...melanotan 1 could yield slow results. Maybe dose a vial of MT-1 per month until the sun comes out, then onto MT-2 had you become more comfortable/adventurous.
  9. #9 3rd January 2015 
    Thanks

there are two types of melanin produced Pheomelanins produce* red /yellow color* Eumelanins produce brown/black color* if you produce more Phoemelanins* your skin could have more red/yellow color.* this is dependent on race than hair color.