• Forum Login or
  • Register

Thread: change storing

1. #1 19th December 2014 
    Thanks

change storing

Hey
    I have been using melanotan 1 and 2 for 4 years now (one at a time), and I have allways preloaded and frozen my syringes because I use sodium chloride 0.9.
    I live with my parents, so I have allways had to keep my stuff over at my brothers place in his freezer. Im starting to get tired of going there all the time, so I have bought this little mini refrigerator with lock to have in my room. Of course with a refrigerator, I have to start using bac water instead.
    What im wondering is, it still ok to preload all my syringes and keep them in there? Or is it safer to keep it in the vial, and load everytime? It would be alot easier if I could not have to hide all my empty syringes around the room, but just keep all the loaded ones in a box in the back of my fridge.
    Also, fridge is fine to store the mixed melanotan with bac water for like 2 months? Thinking of going low dosage, so that would be like 40syringes.
    Edit]Thanks for the help!
  2. #2 19th December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: change storing

It last much longer. Bac water, even when mixed can be fine for years. You do still have to maintain sterile conditions, though. If you're smashing bacteria into that vial every time you inject it wont be long until it reaches harmful levels.

I would also check the temp your fridge actually runs at. You need it between 2-8C. Quite a lot of smaller fridges struggle to maintain this.

You can load your syringes, but there's not much point to. You could just store your unused needles in the fridge.
    I would recommend buying a hard opaque plastic bottle to store used needles in.

Tom
  3. #3 19th December 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks Tom

I will make sure to check that temp before I get started.
    also your last points, makes sense. Didn't think about that. It doesn't matter if I open the sealed plastic bags the syringes comes in right? Would take up alot of space with that.
    thanks again!
  4. #4 19th December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

No problem.

You can open the bags, I wouldn't touch the caps until you're ready to inject though. A lot of the bags have punched holes in them anyway, so it's not a sterile environment in that bag, but under the cap is.
  5. #5 19th December 2014 
    Thanks

I wouldn't preload your syringes. Also, have you considered talking with your parents about taking it? I started taking it when I was 20, I discussed it with my parents for a year before taking it and ultimately they agree'd that I was an adult and I needed to make my own decisions. My mother still worries at times, however my father has actually discussed taking it himself.
  6. #6 19th December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    I wouldn't preload your syringes. Also, have you considered talking with your parents about taking it? I started taking it when I was 20, I discussed it with my parents for a year before taking it and ultimately they agree'd that I was an adult and I needed to make my own decisions. My mother still worries at times, however my father has actually discussed taking it himself.
    "

How did you parents react to the injection side of things? I know mine would hate the idea, coupling it with harder drugs.

Although you could liken it to Insulin, which is much more relevant.
  7. #7 19th December 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "

How did you parents react to the injection side of things? I know mine would hate the idea, coupling it with harder drugs.

Although you could liken it to Insulin, which is much more relevant.
    "

My mom hated it, more so because she's a worrier by her nature and was certain that if the FDA hadn't apporved it, it must be BAD! Although, when I was kid she had no trouble with me taking accutane or ADHD drugs that have proven to have much more severe side effects than Melanotan II ever has. It really goes to show how blind faith in the FDA's ability to judge the safety profile of drug can be dangerous. My father had no real issues with the injections, he just reminded me to be careful. His mother needed insulin shots so that could of contributed to it. To be fair, my mother despite having a fair complexion that I have inheirted doesn't really understand what it's like to have to be so careful in the sun either from work or play. She doesn't really do outdoor activities just like the rest of her family, and has never done yard work or had a job outdoors. My father has always worked outdoors and does all the yard work, so he understands the pain of sunburns. Combine my mother's fair complexion with a high UV job and he quickly understood why I've decided to take it.
  8. #8 19th December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

This will probably be my last post concerning this as it's getting a little off topic.

I believe one of the reasons is that he FDA and MHRA make it difficult to get a drug approved. Especially one with high cosmetic appeal.

If you look at Scenesse (Clinuvel's afemelanotide/Melanotan 1) it took years of work and $115m+ to get it approved. And even then, it's limited to treating Vitiligo and Porphyria (EPP).

Whereas Palatin Technologies are having some serious issues getting Bremelaotide (PT 141) approved because of a low chance of increased blood pressure.
  9. #9 20th December 2014 
    Thanks

"
    This will probably be my last post concerning this as it's getting a little off topic.

I believe one of the reasons is that he FDA and MHRA make it difficult to get a drug approved. Especially one with high cosmetic appeal.

If you look at Scenesse (Clinuvel's afemelanotide/Melanotan 1) it took years of work and $115m+ to get it approved. And even then, it's limited to treating Vitiligo and Porphyria (EPP).

Whereas Palatin Technologies are having some serious issues getting Bremelaotide (PT 141) approved because of a low chance of increased blood pressure.
    "

I can understand the difficulty of having it legalized, I'm sure the FDA has more important priorities than getting me a nice tan haha! However, I can think of a few reasons why it make take a LONG time for it to become completely legal if at all.

1]
    2]
    3]
    4]
    5: Finally and more specifically to Melanotan II, we don't have the best reputation. We have a repeated history of people taking what we now know to be excessive amounts and then experiencing excessive side effects. Unfortunately whenever I see a someone curious about melanotan II on another forum, the infamous nevus issue comes up or the freckling issues. However, no one who ever tells these stories bothers to say that they we're dosing 2 or 3 vials every week. Don't get me wrong, I know some users did everything right and still got bad side effects, however, the majority of our horror stories result from horrific amounts being injected.
  10. #10 20th December 2014 
    Thanks

Here's some useful information:

Scenesse (MT-1 in implant form) has been recommended for approval in Europe by the CHMP. From what I've heard, this basically guarantees that the EMA will approve it, which is supposed to happen any day now. This is for use in EPP (a pretty rare disease that is basically a sun allergy). Also, it has been approved in Italy since 2010 and Switzerland since 2012.

Clinuvel is supposed to apply for FDA approval for EPP in 2015. Unfortunately, it's a rare disease and off-label use is unlikely. If they get approval for vitiligo then off-label use will certainly be a possibility.

Granted MT-2 is somewhat different and much more potent, but overall they are pretty similar.

11. #11 23rd December 2014 
    Thanks

Should probably make a new topic, but will make it here and hope someone sees it.
    getting bac water in Norway is a problem, and i would have to wait along time buying from uk or us, and if its get stopped in the customs, I would have to reorder and wait again.
    I can buy this benzylalcohol in Norway, so I was thinking buying it seperately and mix it myself, with sterile water. (Not sodium clohride right? ).
    Should this be the same as buying bacwater allready mixed? Ita just sterile water and benzyl alc in the bac water? I just have to calc and get 0,9%.
    Thanks for help!
  12. #12 23rd December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Should probably make a new topic, but will make it here and hope someone sees it.
    getting bac water in Norway is a problem, and i would have to wait along time buying from uk or us, and if its get stopped in the customs, I would have to reorder and wait again.
    I can buy this benzylalcohol in Norway, so I was thinking buying it seperately and mix it myself, with sterile water. (Not sodium clohride right? ).
    Should this be the same as buying bacwater allready mixed? Ita just sterile water and benzyl alc in the bac water? I just have to calc and get 0,9%.
    Thanks for help!
    "

You can do, I wouldn't recommend it though, if you adjust the measurements, or do it slightly wrong it can have a drastic effect.

Tom
  13. #13 23rd December 2014 
    Thanks

I see its out of stock on your site. Are you getting it back in the near future?
    Also its possible to buy both bacteriostatic water and bacteriostatic sodium chloride. Any difference?
    Thanks
  14. #14 23rd December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    I see its out of stock on your site. Are you getting it back in the near future?
    Also its possible to buy both bacteriostatic water and bacteriostatic sodium chloride. Any difference?
    Thanks
    "

We're not sure, nobody seems too bothered about it and it's a high cost to buy in. Importing hospira from the U.S. also gets seized frequently, so we normally either lose money or have to charge over the top for it.

As a quick overview;

Bacteriostatic water is water mixed with 0.9% Benzyl Alcohol. It's not compatible with blood, and thus if it enters the veins you'll have serious issues.
    This isn't an issue generally with subQ injections.

Bacteriostatic Sodium Chloride is 0.9% Sodium Chloride mixed with 0.9% Benzyl Alcohol.
    Because the salt content matches that of the blood it is compatible (I believe).

Sterile water is just that, like bacteriostatic water it's not compatible with blood and it has no anti microbial agents.

0.9% sodium chloride is compatible with blood and has no anti microbial agents.

I believe 0.9% sodium chloride means 9mg per 100ml of water.
    0.9% Benzyl Alcohol is measured by volume, so 0.9ml (90 units) per 100ml of water.
  15. #15 23rd December 2014 
    Thanks

would not use sterile water a much better sub would be either normal saline or ringer's lactate both are used as volume replacement in blood , neither prevent bacteria from growing but are easy to find and not too pricey.
  16. #16 23rd December 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Thanks for help!
    "

Never inject water into your tissue! Always use sterile 0,9% NaCl. Normally, the concentration of benzyl alcohol is 9 mg/ml. If you have pure benzyl alcohol (means 100 %), then you can calculate the volume benzyl alcohol for a specific volume of 0,9 % NaCl.

For example]
    You want to dilute 10mg MT2 in 25 ml 0,9% NaCl. The mass of benzyl alcohol for such volume NaCL would be* 225 mg. Assumig a density of benzyl alcohol (100%) of 1,04 g/ml, you would need to add 216 ul (=0,216 ml)

Right?

17. #17 23rd December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    "
    Thanks for help!
    "

Never inject water into your tissue! Always use sterile 0,9% NaCl. Normally, the concentration of benzyl alcohol is 9 mg/ml. If you have pure benzyl alcohol (means 100 %), then you can calculate the volume benzyl alcohol for a specific volume of 0,9 % NaCl.

For example]
    You want to dilute 10mg MT2 in 25 ml 0,9% NaCl. The mass of benzyl alcohol for such volume NaCL would be* 225 mg. Assumig a density of benzyl alcohol (100%) of 1,04 g/ml, you would need to add 216 ul (=0,216 ml)

Right?
    "

You can inject sterile water into subcutaneous space. Bacteriostatic water is the same.

Sodium chloride 0.9% is isotonic (contains the same amount of salt) as blood. This means it can be injected into the veins, which you won't need to do for any peptide discussed on the site. (Although there isn't any rules on this, IV peptides are rare).

18. #18 25th December 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks for all answers, was really helpful and informative!
    I think I will try to buy instead of mixing myself, but I can't find a place to buy from. I see there is a couple threads around the internet where people have gotten fake bac water (WTF, its like 10 dollars).
    I need someone who shipps to Norway, so prob a country in EU. Anyone knows of a place?
  19. #19 20th January 2015 
    Thanks

Would really appreciate if someone knew somewhere to buy bacteriostatic sodium chloride inside EU, and is shipping to Norway!

Thanks again