• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 16th December 2014 
    Thanks

Just injected 100mcg - when can I expect visible results?

My first injection today ever. Many months in the making.

Wow! Only 100mcg and my face is very warm and flushed like a hot flush. Is the warm feeling common? Nausea but very mild. I chalk that up to not having eaten in a while

Anyways, as a skin type 2-2.5 (more leaning towards 2 now its winter)

when can I see my self turn brown?

I plan to do 100mcg for a few more days and if tolerable then ramp up to 250mcg/day

Thoughts and est. timeline?
  2. #2 16th December 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Just injected 100mcg - when can I expect visible results?

Facial flushing is normal. Will be gone by the 2nd or 3rd injection. I reccomand dosing 100mg a day for a month. Avoid sun during this time. I know it may seem like a long time for loading and you want to get dark right away, but you've been pale your whole life, one more month won't hurt. Once you have about 3g in your system try some sun, however do not go out for any longer than you would normally. Do that for about 2 weeks with a maintenance of 250mg a week. See what color you get from that and maintain or increase your dosages from there.

It's worth saying that I feel there is alot of body dysmorphia of these forums and people reccomand injecting yourself with far too much. Think of it like the bodybuilding community, you have these massive guys who think they're tiny. It's the same way here, we get latino looking guys who feel like they look like vampires.
  3. #3 16th December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

As Alex said, flushing is normal.

However, I have to disagree with the no sun.
    You want to slowly expose yourself to more sun. Start from a 3 minute sun bed, or natural sun if you have it. Slowly increase as the weeks go on.

Melanotan isn't enough on its own to protect your body. The protect aspect comes from the improved pigmentation that builds up over time, if you wait a month you'll have about as much as you started with.

If you do a 3 minute session the first week you go up a little,
    Do a 6 minute (or 2 3 minute) session the next week,
    Then a 6 minute and a 3 minute on the third week,
    Then two 6 minutes the fourth week.

This will bring you up to a nice colour without exposing yourself to harmful levels. You'll also be on a better ground than injecting alone.
    The major thing is to NEVER burn. If you do, you're back at square 1.

Tom
  4. #4 16th December 2014 
    Thanks

"

You want to slowly expose yourself to more sun. Start from a 3 minute sun bed, or natural sun if you have it. Slowly increase as the weeks go on.

Melanotan isn't enough on its own to protect your body. The protect aspect comes from the improved pigmentation that builds up over time, if you wait a month you'll have about as much as you started with.

This will bring you up to a nice colour without exposing yourself to harmful levels. You'll also be on a better ground than injecting alone.

Tom
    "

So will my tan be inferior or take a long time to appear if I don't get sun exposure. Just sayin, up here in Canada I don't expect sun until like March/April lol!

Also one other thing I experienced. I had the best sleep in months, maybe years last night! Like really deep full sleep. I usually wake up 3-4 times a night but last night it was nothing.
  5. #5 16th December 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "

Tom
    "

So will my tan be inferior or take a long time to appear if I don't get sun exposure. Just sayin, up here in Canada I don't expect sun until like March/April lol!

Also one other thing I experienced. I had the best sleep in months, maybe years last night! Like really deep full sleep. I usually wake up 3-4 times a night but last night it was nothing.
    "

You won't have a tan whatsoever if you don't get exposure. Melanotan 2 can NOT work without UV rays. I shouldn't say to avoid the sun the while loading, more so keep yourself as protected as you normally would. As for the sleep, I don't think I have heard of that side effect. Perhaps the idea of being tanned has filled you with enough confidence to prevent your inner demons from waking you in the dead of night? I joke, of course.
  6. #6 16th December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

It may be worth checking for local 'solariums' (the name makes me giggle), they're normally in tanning salons.

A couple of minutes twice a week will do wonders.

I've not heard of sleep enhancing effects.
    I did experience something similar with HGH Frag 176-191/adipose combo though! I think it was because it actively breaks down fat into energy even while you sleep, making your rest seem better.
  7. #7 16th December 2014 
    Thanks

"
    It may be worth checking for local 'solariums' (the name makes me giggle), they're normally in tanning salons.

A couple of minutes twice a week will do wonders.

I've not heard of sleep enhancing effects.
    I did experience something similar with HGH Frag 176-191/adipose combo though! I think it was because it actively breaks down fat into energy even while you sleep, making your rest seem better.
    "

Do you agree with the poster above yours that MT2 will not work without UV exposure?
  8. #8 16th December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Do you agree with the poster above yours that MT2 will not work without UV exposure?
    "

Yes.
    If you don't get and UV exposure you just turn a sickly grey colour.

If you get minimal UV exposure (such as a long time outdoors in the UK winter), it will work very slowly, but you need to limit dosages to accommodate for that. 100mcg ED would be a suitable dose for this.

If you get ok exposure, such as 10 minutes of sun beds - you will get exponential return on results.
  9. #9 16th December 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "

Yes.
    If you don't get and UV exposure you just turn a sickly grey colour.

If you get minimal UV exposure (such as a long time outdoors in the UK winter), it will work very slowly, but you need to limit dosages to accommodate for that. 100mcg ED would be a suitable dose for this.

If you get ok exposure, such as 10 minutes of sun beds - you will get exponential return on results.
    "

i'm currently taking 80mg of accutane per day though. How should I proceed? Should I just keep my MT2 in the fridge until I come off accutane?

Is that greyish complexion you mentioned a guarantee? What's the science behind that?
  10. #10 16th December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    i'm currently taking 80mg of accutane per day though. How should I proceed? Should I just keep my MT2 in the fridge until I come off accutane?

Is that greyish complexion you mentioned a guarantee? What's the science behind that?
    "

I can't see any reason why they should interact with each other.
    If it was me I would proceed as normal. If you do notice any adverse effects then discontinue the melanotan until you've finished your treatment.

Its not a guarantee but it is highly likely. It starts off with dark circles by the eyes, and your skin goes a yellow/grey colour - like when you're ill and drained of colour.
    Here is a recent report of it]

I have also experienced it personally, before I started working for this company and didn't know as much.

I'm not entirely sure of the science behind it (I'm not a scientist!), maybe somebody here can shed some more light on the subject!

Tom
  11. #11 16th December 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "

"

I can't see any reason why they should interact with each other.
    If it was me I would proceed as normal. If you do notice any adverse effects then discontinue the melanotan until you've finished your treatment.

Its not a guarantee but it is highly likely. It starts off with dark circles by the eyes, and your skin goes a yellow/grey colour - like when you're ill and drained of colour.
    Here is a recent report of it]

I have also experienced it personally, before I started working for this company and didn't know as much.

I'm not entirely sure of the science behind it (I'm not a scientist!), maybe somebody here can shed some more light on the subject!

Tom
    "

Could the grey tinge be cause by too much eumelanin and not enough pheomelanin? Or is that broscience?

Anways, RE: Accutane - I'm aware they do not react, but I am fairly certain that taking accutane precludes me from sunbeds due to higher chance of burning. What are your thoughts here? Will using a sunbed 1x/week for 60-120 seconds burn me on accutane? Is such a length even useful for tanning?
  12. #12 16th December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

It could be something to do with the balance, I'm unsure.

Ok, I wasn't aware of the photosensitivity - didn't see it in the side effect list I had a look at. It could be worth asking your doctor, say you're interested in getting a small amount of colour for confidence. Perhaps a factor 30 suncream for a 3 or 6 minute (the beds in the UK normally run in 3 minute intervals) sesssion could work. I normally use factor 15 when I go into the beds and do 6 minute sessions and see good results.

The most important thing would be to get a professional opinion from somebody who knows your situation better.
  13. #13 16th December 2014 
    Thanks

Avoid exposure to sunlight or artificial UV rays (sunlamps or tanning beds). Accutane can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight and sunburn may result. Accutane may impair your vision, especially at night. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to see clearly.
    found this on internet
  14. #14 17th December 2014 
    Thanks

"
    It could be something to do with the balance, I'm unsure.

Ok, I wasn't aware of the photosensitivity - didn't see it in the side effect list I had a look at. It could be worth asking your doctor, say you're interested in getting a small amount of colour for confidence. Perhaps a factor 30 suncream for a 3 or 6 minute (the beds in the UK normally run in 3 minute intervals) sesssion could work. I normally use factor 15 when I go into the beds and do 6 minute sessions and see good results.

The most important thing would be to get a professional opinion from somebody who knows your situation better.
    "

OK but until I ask my derm - should I continue injecting 100mcg EOD? My derm appt is on the 24th
  15. #15 17th December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Working in Christmas eve!? I feel for him.

That dosage will be fine, even with low uv exposure that shouldn't make you an ill colour. It could potentially give you a starting point though
  16. #16 17th December 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Working in Christmas eve!? I feel for him.

That dosage will be fine, even with low uv exposure that shouldn't make you an ill colour. It could potentially give you a starting point though
    "

Great thanks. Btw I meant to say 100mcg ED (every day) - unless you feel every other day is more prudent?

17. #17 17th December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Nope, 100mcg is a pretty small amount. In comparison its 1/5th of what I normally recommend.

As a guide I normally say 500mcg ED and 6/9 minutes 2x per week.
    For slow tanning I recommend 250mcg ED and 3/6 minutes 2x per week.

If you kind of scaled that down 100mcg ED could match out with low natural exposure.
    I'm not entirely sure of the weather in Toronto, the UV index is a 0, which matches that of sunny (hah!) UK. If its not too overcast I'd say I get enough sun in a week to activate 100mcg worth.

Tom
  18. #18 17th December 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Nope, 100mcg is a pretty small amount. In comparison its 1/5th of what I normally recommend.

As a guide I normally say 500mcg ED and 6/9 minutes 2x per week.
    For slow tanning I recommend 250mcg ED and 3/6 minutes 2x per week.

If you kind of scaled that down 100mcg ED could match out with low natural exposure.
    I'm not entirely sure of the weather in Toronto, the UV index is a 0, which matches that of sunny (hah!) UK. If its not too overcast I'd say I get enough sun in a week to activate 100mcg worth.

Tom
    "

Tom how dark would you say you get(not too pry too much into your personal life) I've gotten about as dark as this loading with 100mcg and then dosing 250 a week.

If that's all the darker he wants then he'd be fine IMO. If not, follow Tom's advice, but be warned MT 2 is potent to the extreme and if you want to get dark, it WILL give it to you.
  19. #19 17th December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"

Tom how dark would you say you get(not too pry too much into your personal life) I've gotten about as dark as this loading with 100mcg and then dosing 250 a week.

If that's all the darker he wants then he'd be fine IMO. If not, follow Tom's advice, but be warned MT 2 is potent to the extreme and if you want to get dark, it WILL give it to you.
    "

To be honest, the darkest I've been is around what you are there.
    I'm a very low type 2 normally.
    I went on holiday to Spain for two weeks in October (avg. 26C). I dosed 500mcg ED starting 2 days before I left, that continued until 4 days in, so a total of 3mg. I then spaced out to once every three days (an extra 3 injections).
    By the end of the first week I was similar to the picture, by the end of the second I was maybe a little darker but not much.
    I didn't actively sunbathe, but did spend about 10-12 hours outdoors every day, and was in/out of the pool.

Tom
  20. #20 17th December 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "

"

To be honest, the darkest I've been is around what you are there.
    I'm a very low type 2 normally.
    I went on holiday to Spain for two weeks in October (avg. 26C). I dosed 500mcg ED starting 2 days before I left, that continued until 4 days in, so a total of 3mg. I then spaced out to once every three days (an extra 3 injections).
    By the end of the first week I was similar to the picture, by the end of the second I was maybe a little darker but not much.
    I didn't actively sunbathe, but did spend about 10-12 hours outdoors every day, and was in/out of the pool.

Tom
    "

Ok, I'd say I'm a medium to high skin type 2. I can get kinda tan naturally. However, it's also worth saying I worked as a lifeguard at the time and Pennsylvania has a fairly high UV index during the summer time. You may of gotten much darker than I did if you had the same consistent exposure for 3 months, however I imagine the UK can be quite limiting in that aspect.