• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 11th December 2014 
    Thanks

Removed moles and acne scars

Hi,
    I had a couple of facial moles removed over a year ago, and 4 months ago, I had another couple of moles removed. I had these removals done via radiosurgery, which should, in theory, remove all of the pigmentation of the moles and leave minimal scarring. The scarring is pretty minimal, with 3 of them virtually non-existent (perhaps a slight bit of redness, but very hard to see), and the other pretty unnoticeable unless you're really looking (the skin is ever so slightly darker where the mole used to be).

I've seen you advise against people using Melanotan if they're going to have a mole removed, but I was wondering if it's okay to use it long after you've had a mole remove and the wound has healed over?

Also, I had some hyperpigmented acne scarring down the side of my face for a few years. I've since had some dermaroller and veinwave treatment (the dermaroller was done about a year ago, and the veinwave about 4-5 months) which makes the scarring/hyperpigmentation also pretty unnoticeable.
    Will the use of melanotan bring back the redness/scarring?
    Similarly, when I get an acne spot (my acne's virtually cleared up, but I get one or two every now and again), it usually takes a month or so for the redness to subside/disappear completely after the spot has become inactive; would melanotan worsen the redness and/or cause permanent hyperpigmentation?

I appreciate melanotan does cause hyperpigmentation, but I was a little unsure as to how it would effect old scars, acne scars, and acne spots (?)
    I'm not really that interested in becoming very tanned; I'm a type 2 skin and I just want to have a decent colour year-round. Would it be possible to avoid the risk of worsening old scarring by going for a low-dose? Or will any dose sufficient to cause tanning also inevitably cause hyperpigmentation to old scars?
    Also, just to mention that when I use sunbeds , I always cover my scars and spots with sunblock, to prevent the UV rays from causing redness - so I would keep them covered up when using MT2 as well.

Sorry for the bombardment of questions! Basically, I'm just wondering what effect it has on old scars (from acne and mole removal), and if any sides related to these can be prevented with a low dosage?*

Any help would be very much appreciated
  2. #2 13th December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Removed moles and acne scars

Great questions and information on your journey thus far DTB! I believe you have been patient and enough time has passed to where you could begin experimentation with melanotan peptides. Whether you control the low dosage of mt2 or use less potent mt1, it's possible the anti-inflammatory effects along with tanning/thickening of the skin could help w/ prior scarring. I would not predict melanotan use to bring back redness/scarring had you protect your skin (as you mentioned is your habit). Hopeful other members may be able to shed light on the counter argument - as I may be a lucky or rare user who has not experienced scars (established or fresh) being negatively impacted my usage of MT-1/MT-2
  3. #3 13th December 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Great questions and information on your journey thus far DTB! I believe you have been patient and enough time has passed to where you could begin experimentation with melanotan peptides. Whether you control the low dosage of mt2 or use less potent mt1, it's possible the anti-inflammatory effects along with tanning/thickening of the skin could help w/ prior scarring. I would not predict melanotan use to bring back redness/scarring had you protect your skin (as you mentioned is your habit). Hopeful other members may be able to shed light on the counter argument - as I may be a lucky or rare user who has not experienced scars (established or fresh) being negatively impacted my usage of MT-1/MT-2
    "

Thankyou very much for the response - really appreciate it What sort of beginner dosage would you recommend of MT2 for someone just looking to get a subtle tan?
  4. #4 13th December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Thankyou very much for the response - really appreciate it ]"

I'd recommend starting at around 250mcg every day, spacing out to every 3 days after a couple of weeks.

Tom
  5. #5 13th December 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    Thankyou very much for the response - really appreciate it ]"

I'd recommend starting at around 250mcg every day, spacing out to every 3 days after a couple of weeks.

Tom
    "

Thankyou