• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 25th May 2015 
    Thanks

Advice for a new user

Hello all,

I am new on the forum and keen to try melanotan. I am 29 years old, skin type 1 with light brown hair. I don't have freckles, but on the other hand have lots of moles especially on my back, several of them were cut off. Moreover, I am not able to sunbath much because I have sun allergy since childhood.

During my life, I went to sea several times. Each time it was a disasterous, after several hours/ days my skin was in a terrible pain, feeling like needles and pins hurting my skin. I cannot even burn from the sun because the allergy hits me sooner, so it's not possible to get some color.*

My face and neck are immune to allergy (luckily), my hands are not completely, but can handle some sun exposure and also are able to develop very light tan (little strange but ok). Other parts of my body are super sensitive to sun and what is worse, look extremely white. I've always been ashamed of showing my white body in front of others. Most people are ashamed to show body because of fat, in my case, because of my skin color.

My expectations from melanotan aren't high. As I've already said, I have lots of moles and don't want to risk worsening their condition. Also I am fighting hair loss due to alopecia and don't want to higher my libido and rise my testosterone level (don't know whether melanotan is highering it).

I don't need to have a bronze tan, I would be quite satisfied if my skin color that I have on my hands was all over my body, and when I undress my t-shirt on the beach or somewhere outside, not to look like a general of undead army.

For the reasons I've written]- Not to change moles significantly
    - Not to rise testosterone level, accelerating hair loss
    - To lower my sun allergy (if possible)
    - To look my skin healthier a bit

Would it be better to use melanotan 1 or melanotan 2 in very low doses? I mean, is melanotan 2 in microdoses equal to melanotan 1 in normal doses in terms of the side effects? Also, I am not sure whether to use it as in injection form or nasal spray. I've read that nasal spray is less potent and needs 2x bigger dose, but what about sides ? Are there the same or more/less ?

* What would you suggest ?

THanks

2. #2 26th May 2015 
    Thanks

Re: Advice for a new user

Presuming you are NOT albino, many have reported that even w/o 'tanning'
    visably that their sun resistance has risen (type 1 people).
    I could see trying 100micro micro per day, (mcu) it's kinda hard to get that
    low, get the smallest syringes you can find, like '30u insulin' then you would
    mix a LOT of water to a 10mg vial. I mix 100u of water, you may end up doing
    500u or something. that would make 5u on a 30u something like .2 mg.
    Others can check my math, just pulling this out of my head.
  3. #3 27th May 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hey felix11, thank you for the topic. When preparing to use a potent melanocyte-stimulating hormone, you'll need to accept the idea that your moles may darken/change. Melanotan peptides do not alter sex hormone levels and do not affect hair loss. Melanotan 1 would be my suggestion in your case.
  4. #4 27th May 2015 
    Thanks

@felix11

MT1 is best for you (as "Melanotan" said), but you can also try MT2, 100mcg/ED for 3 month and see what happens to your moles, and stop using MT2 if they change.
  5. #5 27th May 2015 
    Thanks

As Melanotan said, I don't see any way that moles will NOT darken, if surrounding
    skin does. Freckles also should be more pronounced. If you can't live with that then
    don't do MT 1 or 2.
  6. #6 28th May 2015 
    Thanks

thanks for the answers. Darken moles wouldn't be a problem unless it develops to cancer

I also wondered, comparing melanotan 1 normal doses* to melanotan 2 microdoses are there any difference in side effects? Or still melanotan 1 appears to be a safer way. (comparing to microdoses of M2).

On the other hand, regarding the side effects is melanotan 2 spray considered to be different ?

7. #7 28th May 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

MT2 will still carry more potential side effects, even when the dosage is low, as compared to MT1.

Side effects from nasal administration may be worse as you want to dose MT2 w/ precision measurement.
  8. #8 29th May 2015 
    Thanks

As expensive as MT is, I consider something that may have over 50% loss to be
    silly waste of money.
  9. #9 20th September 2015 
    Thanks
    It is a nice thing that you consider using melanotan as it is perfect in providing even tan. Though I like MT-2 better, I suggest you try MT-1 in your case. It seems like you do not want to get as dark as I am now.

And with regard to your concern to moles, no, it won't darken your moles. Therefore, there is no need to worry. With regard to your libido, I did not notice any increase in my sex drive though I have always been an active one even when I was not yet using mt-2.
  10. #10 22nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    I suggest you try both mt-1 and mt-2 and you decide which one works best for you. Other people say that they are more satisfied with mt-1 while others say that mt-2 is the best for them. Well, it really depends on our preference. It is great to hear that you are interested in trying to use melanotan. For sure, it will help you achieve the kind of tan that you want.
  11. #11 23rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    The side effects for oral melanotan is lesser compared to the ones we inject. Well, that is really the trend. Even for glutathione, peptides and other drugs, oral ones are considered to be safer.

Considering you have an allergy, I don't really know how your body will react to melanotan. I am a fan of mt-2 as it helps me achieve the tan I have been dreaming of. However, since a light tan is already satisfying to you, then just try mt-1 using a low dose. Yes, you have to take higher dose of mt-1 if you want to achieve a tan similar to what mt-2 gives. Again, because you aren't really picky on how dark your tan will be, then there's no need to inject a high dose. Another reason I suggested mt-1 is because you want to something that has less side effects and mt-1 is a lot safer than mt-2. I am not saying that mt-2 is really dangerous. It is just there are still no studies regarding it. Thus, it is quite risky compared to the first melanotan.