• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 29th November 2014 
    Thanks

The turning point - low dose M2 experiment

Hi,

Personal intro]So, I'm a 27yo male Australian. Living in Melbourne, known for extreme UV levels compared to temperature. Skin type 1, I am not ginger, but my mum is red head and it appears as though I've inherited her skin.

The sun in Victoria (due to Ozone), is intense. For someone with my complexion, it's a constant struggle, 4 months of the year where I can't enjoy being outside without risking severe sunburn. I've been wanting to try Melanotan for about 5-6 years, however a combination of needle phobia and an unreliable grey market has stopped me from seeking it out. But thanks to this forum, eroids.com, and recent experience with IM injections, I decided to finally try it.

Aside from just the sun protection, I'm looking forward to not being made fun off, seriously even next to gingers that appear very white, I look like a ghost and am the subject off many jokes. This causes a lot of anxiety.

So far I'm just over 3 weeks in, have barely experienced any sides with low doses, have noticeable darkening of moles and after the first 10 days my GF complimented me on Skype saying I have some nice colour in my face (without me asking). But my body has only slightly changed, and I need your advice regarding obtaining UV exposure to tan my chest, back, etc. However, I will not use tanning beds, instead relying on sunshine.

Anyway, below is my log so far... It's so exciting finally gaining some 'normal looking' colour, the thought of not getting sunburnt or ridiculed is incredible, life changing ]

Log
    10mg M2 (evolutionpeptides.com) dissolved in 10ml bac. water, M2 dissolved instantly upon contact with bac. water.* 1mg per ml, insulin syringe of 100 units representing 1 ml. 1 unit equals 20ug. Dose time is before bed unless other specified, usually around 11pm weekdays and 12am weekends.

[size=8pt]Day 1
    40ug – no sides (slight nausea, believed to be psychological)

Day 2
    40ug – no sides

Day 3
    60ug – no sides

Day 4
    60ug – no sides

Day 5
    60ug – no sides

Day 6
    60ug – no sides

Day 7
    100ug – red flushing, stinging and itchiness at injection site

Week 1 Results]

Day 8
    100ug – no sides/red flushing at injection site

Day 9

Day 10
    120ug – discernable nausea persisted for about 1 hour, red flushing, stinging and itchiness at injection site

Day 11
    -Definite darkening of moles/freckles now apparent

Day 12

Day 13

Day 14

Week 2 Results]
    Day 15

Day 16

Day 17

Day 18

Day 19
    120ug – no sides/red flushing at injection site

Day 20
    120ug – no sides/red flushing at injection site

Day 21
    120ug – mild nausea, red flushing at injection site

Week 3 Results]
    Day 22
    120ug – mild nausea, red flushing at injection site

Day 23
    No dose, felt like I needed a night off.

Day 24

Day 25
    Lunchtime, exposed chest to sunshine on balcony for approx. 15 or 20 mins. Then dosed 60ug and exposed back to sunshine through window for 30 mins, made sure to cover arms and neck during this. Will dose another 60ug at usual time tonight before bed.
    [/size]

2. #2 29th November 2014 
    Thanks

Re: The turning point - low dose M2 experiment

One thing that has been on my mind, is to get a skin cancer screening done. I wanted to do this before M2 but didn't get organised. It'll cost about $150.

My concern now is that the M2 is going to skew the analysis, because the darkening of my moles has not always been level, as in, a mole that used to be all one shade will now have a patch that is darker.

I intend to inform the mole screen doctor about my M2 usage, hopefully they're understanding and interested.

Anyone have experience with mole/skin cancer screenings?
  3. #3 29th November 2014 
    Thanks

I have also been disappointed to find no reduction in appetite, aside from the low dosage, I think this is likely due to my inclusion of mitochondrial supplements at week 2.

For 2 weeks I stopped all supplementation to isolate any M2 side affects, and after the first week of M2 I resumed, and also began 2 new supps. Nicotinamide Riboside and MitoQ, both of these are reported to increase appetite.

Also I ceased taking astaxanthan and lycopene 2 weeks prior to commencing M2 and have not yet resumed taking them.
  4. #4 29th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Log
    10mg M2 dissolved in 10ml bac. water, M2 dissolved instantly upon contact with bac. water.* 1mg per ml, insulin syringe of 100 units representing 1 ml. 1 unit equals 20ug. Dose time is before bed unless other specified, usually around 11pm weekdays and 12am weekends.
    "

I'm going to swap into ΅g to make it a bit easier, for anyone here following it's the official form of 'mcg'.
    1mg = 1000 ΅g,
    1ml = 100 units,

10mg into 10ml

= 10,000 ΅g into 1,000 units of water.
    This means every unit is 10 ΅g, not 20. (10,000 / 1,000)
    You've been injecting half of each supposed dose.

I'd also like to ask why you've decided to inject before bed. Normally it's advised to inject in the morning or before exposure, bed time injections are intended for people who really can't manage the sides in the day time - after lowering the dose to 500 ΅g or 250 ΅g these normally disappear.
    [hr]
    "

Day 1

Day 25
    Lunchtime, exposed chest to sunshine on balcony for approx. 15 or 20 mins. Then dosed 60ug and exposed back to sunshine through window for 30 mins, made sure to cover arms and neck during this. Will dose another 60ug at usual time tonight before bed.
    "

I've truncated the log as there's little need for it in a quote but it all looks good!
    I see you note 'red flushing at injection site'. This doesn't sound like the normal hot flushing of the face that comes in around 100 ΅g, but bacteriostatic irritation. If it's a spot (flat or raised), that stings or itches for more than a few seconds it's likely down to the bacteriostatic agent in the water reacting with your body. This is quite common.
    If you find your desired dose this time I would recommend using sodium chloride next time. Pre-load all syringes with the required dose and freeze them, it'll solve that issue.
    I would also recommend using a factor 30+ on your face, neck and arms at all times - they tan quicker so can get proportionally out of hand before your body catches up, even if you spent every day topless it'd be slightly off. You should still use sun cream on your body if you're prone to burning, at least until your body starts darkening a bit.

I'll leave your other two posts to somebody more experienced in those areas. One note would be the bedtime injections completely mitigate the appetite suppression, the benefits are gone before you wake up. It is also more common at around 500mcg+, although some experience it lower.

Best of luck,
    Tom
  5. #5 29th November 2014 
    Thanks

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply man, just to clarify my calculations were the same as yours, 1 unit = 10 ΅g, but I made a mistake in my communication because the syringe has 50 notches per 100 units. So only every 2nd unit is actually marked on the syringe. But I have been dosing correctly ]
    injection before bed was for 3 reasons, one to mitigate sides, two it's more convenient (don't have to inject while getting ready for work), and three because I've read that the half life of M2 is approximately 33hrs. Do you have any information on the half life?

I need to sleep now but will post again tomorrow
  6. #6 29th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply man, just to clarify my calculations were the same as yours, 1 unit = 10 ΅g, but I made a mistake in my communication because the syringe has 50 notches per 100 units. So only every 2nd unit is actually marked on the syringe. But I have been dosing correctly ]
    injection before bed was for 3 reasons, one to mitigate sides, two it's more convenient (don't have to inject while getting ready for work), and three because I've read that the half life of M2 is approximately 33hrs. Do you have any information on the half life?

I need to sleep now but will post again tomorrow ]"

Ahh, that's good then!

The 33 hour half life is the best I have seen with proof (now lost when the site was taken down), and is the figure we use. This means in the 8 hours of sleep, 12% is lost; In the ~14 hours to midday you lose about 20% of concentration. (although you do go to bed a little later).

This means from a 100΅g injection at 10PM you have an 80΅g left by midday the following day. When talking about small quantities it doesn't seem too bad!
    I'm used to dealing with people using 1mg injections because of the bad sides, leaving 800΅g; but if they use 500΅g in the day they're fine and don't waste much peptide.

Tom
  7. #7 30th November 2014 
    Thanks

Nice log, dude!

I really like your low dose regimen (50-100 mcg per day). You said that you've dissolved 10 mg in 10 ml. Did this volume fit in the normal MT 2 vials, which are usually delivered when ordering MT2?Or did you transfert MT 2 into another bigger vial?

It always surprises me how potent the peptide is. Back in 2002 when i've started to follow the grey market of MT 2, almost all users dosed at around 1 mg (1000 mcg) per day.
    I'm convinced that even a lower dose (10 or 25 mcg) would work, if you have patience.

Do you have some before/after photos?

Remember that MT 2 has many other functions in our system ( immun system, heart, libido etc.) Because almost all of us want to have the tan only, we should dose very low. When the tan is up, it stays for around 30 days (until skin layers have renewed themselves).*
  8. #8 30th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    You said that you've dissolved 10 mg in 10 ml. Did this volume fit in the normal MT 2 vials, which are usually delivered when ordering MT2?Or did you transfert MT 2 into another bigger vial?
    "

I'll answer this question as I know it, I'll leave the others for now as they're subjective to the OP.

The vial your MT2 comes in is a 2ml vial. You can get 3-3.5 ml in it if you really push it but it's not advised.

In order to do this you'll need a 10ml vial of bacteriostatic water, inject 0.5-1ml into the MT2 and then transfer it back.
    If you can only get hold of 30ml vials of bac water then you'll need to buy a seperate sterile, multi-use stopper vial. Nothing else will do.

Tom
  9. #9 1st December 2014 
    Thanks

"
    One thing that has been on my mind, is to get a skin cancer screening done. I wanted to do this before M2 but didn't get organised. It'll cost about $150.

My concern now is that the M2 is going to skew the analysis, because the darkening of my moles has not always been level, as in, a mole that used to be all one shade will now have a patch that is darker.

I intend to inform the mole screen doctor about my M2 usage, hopefully they're understanding and interested.

Anyone have experience with mole/skin cancer screenings?
    "

I've had a couple of screenings and had a few moles removed. Basically you will strip down while they give you a good look-over. If they have any suspicious ones then they will remove them and (at least in the USA) are required to send them to a lab to analyze. There are a few different removal methods, for me they give a shave biopsy which is very quick and painless (other than the numbing injection). The spots will be red for a while but will heal within a few weeks. They were just testing for "pre-cancer" moles for me (which all came back benign). If they suspect melanoma they will probably do a punch biopsy which is deeper and may require stitches.

2 of my mole removals healed very quickly, while two still have a flat red mark there. I've heard than on melanotan that scars can heal darker so it will probably be a good idea to lay off the MT before you go in. It's up to you to tell them about your use. It will probably help them tell which moles look suspicious.
  10. #10 3rd December 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Sun damage on my neck is more pronounced now, that is my only unwanted side affect so far. Considering ways to repair this damage.
    "

By the way, what ways do you know of to repair sun damage? Certain creams or something?
  11. #11 5th January 2015 
    Thanks

"
    Nice log, dude!

I really like your low dose regimen (50-100 mcg per day). You said that you've dissolved 10 mg in 10 ml. Did this volume fit in the normal MT 2 vials, which are usually delivered when ordering MT2?Or did you transfert MT 2 into another bigger vial?

It always surprises me how potent the peptide is. Back in 2002 when i've started to follow the grey market of MT 2, almost all users dosed at around 1 mg (1000 mcg) per day.
    I'm convinced that even a lower dose (10 or 25 mcg) would work, if you have patience.

Do you have some before/after photos?
    "

Thanks man ]
    Re]
    Man, I did take a before shot but it was on my phone and the lighting was useless. I've taken a new one after seeing your post, and just took one now which is 30 days later, there is a small difference but it's difficult to judge with artificial light and a correct white balance. The new photo is surprisingly forgiving with my actual tone.

"
    Remember that MT 2 has many other functions in our system ( immun system, heart, libido etc.) Because almost all of us want to have the tan only, we should dose very low. When the tan is up, it stays for around 30 days (until skin layers have renewed themselves).
    "

Can you give more information onto the other effects of MT2? I wasn't aware of any changes to the heart or immune system! ]
    ----------

The mole darkening has really motivated me to remove further moles (dermatend) and that's why I need the skin check to ensure i don't attempt any that are potential melanomas. But the skin check charges you extra for any mole that they need to investigate and i'm concerned the colour changes will cause false alarms making them want to analyse heaps of them argh ]
    "
    I've had a couple of screenings and had a few moles removed.
    "

"
    By the way, what ways do you know of to repair sun damage? Certain creams or something?
    "

Supplementing with MitoQ and Niagen, both have reports of improving the appearance of sun damage. The other options I haven't tried are PRP (Platelet-rich plasma) treatment and last on the list would be some kind of cosmetic laser treatment like IPL or something newer.
  12. #12 5th January 2015 
    Thanks

Below is the rest of my log over the last 5-6 weeks... I feel stuck with MT2 at the moment, my body tone has not improved enough at all in comparison to my moles/sun damage - so I'm caught between wanting to continue the experiment, and being too discouraged to worsen the contrast of moles.

There is an improvement in my tone but it is far outweighed by all the mole and sun spot effects. This was very evident on NYE, I was DJing at this party by the river, it was 33 degrees celsius NYD. Despite MT2 I was still the whitest guy there (that I saw), and then my sister commented about all these 'new' and 'massive' moles on my leg! ffs lol

Any feedback and experience or suggestions would be great... I'm considering starting 300ug doses combined with focused UV exposure, but I'm too hesitant now.
  13. #13 5th January 2015 
    Thanks

Sorry this log is not more condensed and streamlined:

Day 26
    160ug - 80ug midday and 80ug at night, no sides

Day 27 and Day 28 - Week 4 results]No dosage. Concerns over dosing without sun exposure (waste of MT2) and increased contrast of face/neck/arms compared to body. Also contrast of moles vs skin tone becoming ‘too’ strong.

Thought there might be some darkening of facial hair but this turned out to be simply an increase of growth caused by the MitoQ and Niagen combo I’ve been taking. Bummer, darker hair would be cool ]
    Considering upping the dosage to 100ug twice per day. Will also aim to get chest and back sun exposure on lunch breaks.

Day 29
    80ug before bed. No sides.

Day 30 (3rd December)
    80ug in the morning, and 80ug again before bed.* No sides. Managed to get 25 mins sun exposure on chest and back during lunch break.

Day 31
    Running late this morning so only managed 100ug before bed. No sides.

Day 32
    80ug lunchtime after waking, and 100ug before bed. No sides.

Day 33
    120ug before bed, missed morning dose. No sides.

Day 34 to 40
    Complacent to record my dosages as I thought I would remember but kept getting distracted. Was averaging 180ug per day during this period.

Day 41 (14th December)
    180ug before bed. No sides.

Day 42
    200ug before bed no sides.

Day 43
    200ug before bed no sides.

Day 44
    None

Day 45
    None

Day 46
    220 ug midday, no sides. 20 mins sun exposure on chest.

Day 47
    None

Day 48
    260 ug before bed, no sides. Noticeable appetite suppression the following day.

Day 49
    260 ug before bed, no sides. appetite suppression.

Day 50
    None due to head cold

Day 51

Day 52 (25th December)

Day 53
    None

Day 54
    300 ug before bed, no sides, appetite suppression.

Day 55 (28th December)
    320 ug before bed, no sides, appetite suppression.