• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 18th November 2014 
    Thanks

How long does refrigerated MT2 when mixed with sterile water

Hi guys, iv just started taking MT2 over the last few days. The site i ordered it from sent sterile water for diluting. But since starting iv read that sterile water doesn't have a preservative like bacteriostatic water. Ive been keeping it in the fridge, is it going to be ok to use until i can get some bacteriostatic water and mix another vile

Also what can happen if bacteria grows in the MT2, is there anyway to know if its bad???

any help would be much appreciated because honestly im probably still going to use it unless im told otherwise

cheers!
  2. #2 18th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: How long does refrigerated MT2 when mixed with sterile water

"
    Hi guys, iv just started taking MT2 over the last few days. The site i ordered it from sent sterile water for diluting. But since starting iv read that sterile water doesn't have a preservative like bacteriostatic water. Ive been keeping it in the fridge, is it going to be ok to use until i can get some bacteriostatic water and mix another vile

Also what can happen if bacteria grows in the MT2, is there anyway to know if its bad???

any help would be much appreciated because honestly im probably still going to use it unless im told otherwise

cheers!
    "

I'm going to cheat a little bit and copy the post I just made to another thread.
    As to when you can tell if it's bad, you can't.
    Short of getting fungal spores in there and it's visibly moldy there's no indication. However by that point you'd be dead.

If you're worried, load up all of the syringes and freeze them, you can find information here in my guide.

"As long as you're keeping things sterile you'll be fine. The one month guideline is given more for the people who are first starting and aren't too familiar with what they're doing. I would happily use sodium chloride for up to a year in the fridge because I know I can maintain sterile conditions.But if you forget to wipe or don't wipe it properly then you run the risk of contaminating the vial. Given a couple of days and the vial could then cause issues.Regards,Tom"