• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Topical methods

1. #1 17th November 2014 
    Thanks

Topical methods

Hi all,*
    Very interesting thread.* I can get hold of the trpeptides in the Abdel-Malek patent, specifically LK511 which is the lead* candidate. Anyone who wants to co-op in a trial, PM me. Also, I came across a paper which demonstrates that MT1 can cross human facial and scalp skin at 80% efficiency. Link]
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2155969/?i=4&from=/3573985/related

I was surprised at this as MT1 is a large peptide, over 1000 daltons in molecular weight, but the paper is pretty clear, it works. By the way, the reference to frog skin is just the way they test the peptide penetration, the paper does refer to human skin. So who's up for a trial?

DH

2. #2 17th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Topical methods

Not sure if you meant to post this elsewhere.

What would be involved in the patent acquisition?
    Are you just referencing this link? Or would there be detailed information on the formulation of such a product?

Assuming a legal acquisition and detailed information on creating it (which I doubt), what would be the restrictions set in place on the sharing of this knowledge?

What is it that you're looking for in a partner?
    Financial support?
    Product sourcing support?
    Formulation support?
    All of the above?

Tom
  3. #3 18th November 2014 
    Thanks

Nothing like a heavy dose of cynicism to start the day!* As I said, anyone who's interested in discussing/sharing a trial, pm me.* The structure of the new tripeptide lk-511 can be* assembled from the two papers published by Abdel-Malek and the written formula in the patent application. I am not a supplier, just interested in finding a non-side effect and topical alternative.* I'm looking to share and lower the cost of production of anyone else is interested.
  4. #4 18th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Nothing like a heavy dose of cynicism to start the day!* As I said, anyone who's interested in discussing/sharing a trial, pm me.* The structure of the new tripeptide lk-511 can be* assembled from the two papers published by Abdel-Malek and the written formula in the patent application. I am not a supplier, just interested in finding a non-side effect and topical alternative.* I'm looking to share and lower the cost of production of anyone else is interested.
    "

I apologise, but it's always good to be cautious!
    The 'post this elsewhere' was also about your 'very interesting thread', didn't come across that way. I thought you had meant to post this as a post to one of the other topical threads.

I thought I'd just probe the questions first as it sounded a little odd. Also wondered just how much information you had, it probably wouldn't have been worth the time to attempt to formulate anything off of hunches or guesses. If you have that sorted then it sounds like a pretty good deal.

If you need help in the acquisition of any products I'd be quite happy to help on a personal level.

Tom
  5. #5 18th November 2014 
    Thanks

I'd be up for contributing financial for formulation etc but not particularly keen on being the first to test. Keep me updated, as I think this is an extremely exciting line of enquiry
  6. #6 18th November 2014 
    Thanks

Hi all,

I'm based in the uk if anyone wants to collaborate, here are the prices for the lk-511 peptide from a custom peptide supplier]
    Purity]
    100mg** Price]200mg** Price: 650.00USD
    500mg** Price]
    Chemists, please feel free to correct me but I'm pretty sure that lk511 can be worked out as follows:* LK-511 is written in the patent as: Ph(CH2)3CO-His-(D-4- Bip)-Arg-NH2. The structure can be assembled by copying the structure Ph(ch2)3co drawn out within tripeptide lk394 in the Abdel-Malek et al 2009 and adding d-4-bip (which is D-4-biphenylalanine, as seen here: http://www.chemicalbook.com/ChemicalProductProperty_EN_CB2487674.htm) to the basic amino acids. For me the potential benefits are enough to merit trials. If 5 of us get together, we could get 100mg each for $200 and have the benefit of multiple trials. Anyone who wants to be involved, please pm me.
  7. #7 18th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Hi all,

I'm based in the uk if anyone wants to collaborate, here are the prices for the lk-511 peptide from a custom peptide supplier]
    Purity]
    100mg* Price]200mg* Price: 650.00USD
    500mg* Price]
    Chemists, please feel free to correct me but I'm pretty sure that lk511 can be worked out as follows]http://www.chemicalbook.com/ChemicalProductProperty_EN_CB2487674.htm[/url]) to the basic amino acids. For me the potential benefits are enough to merit trials. If 5 of us get together, we could get 100mg each for $200 and have the benefit of multiple trials. Anyone who wants to be involved, please pm me.
    "

I'm not a chemist so can't comment on that!
    What is the plan after synthesis? Do you have any further information on formulation of the cream/fluid?
    Would be an expensive test project if you're testing ratios of MT1 to LK511 blind.
    Although in the grand scheme of things if it's a 1]As we sell MT1 at $40/10mg vial it could work out quite price effective.
  8. #8 19th November 2014 
    Thanks

Yeah I'm happy to chip in $200, and donate my amount to someone whose willing to test it!

Let me know if you need any help.

Also avoid Chinese chemists, I'd rather pay more and get it done somewhere in Europe that won't potentially fuck it up.
  9. #9 20th November 2014 
    Thanks

Sounds interesting! Unfortunately I am pretty skint at the moment so I can't pitch in with costs. I am however willing to trial it if you need another person.
  10. #10 20th November 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks for the support, I'll start putting together a plan to draw some trials together. The topical lotion will consist of the peptide in water solution, mixed with propylene glycol and ascorbic acid to adjust ph. That should be sufficient to allow transdermal deliver. The big question for me is whether the compound is transcutaneous (going through the skin into the blood stream, and thus having a systemic effect) or percutaneous (just going to the sub-dermal layers and having only a local effect).

Anyone else what to try 'melanotan 3'?
  11. #11 20th November 2014 
    Thanks

It sounds good . What is the safety trial or dossage your are thinking about?
  12. #12 20th November 2014 
    Thanks

Hi,*

my first step would be to see if there is a local or systemic effect* from the transcutaneous approach. If it's systemic than why bother with injections?.* If it's a only a local effect, it will be too expensive for all over use, so I would then go to plan b, which would be a dose escalation approach, starting off with a tiny amount and then slowly building up stepwise into I felt safe to inject 0.5mg, then maybe see what happened at that* dose in terms of melanogenesis v side effects.

You want to be involved Riurao?
  13. #13 20th November 2014 
    Thanks

I'd be up for testing this, but couldn't afford the 200.

Interesting point is whether it would go systemic or act locally.

I remember on last forum someone posted a pic of a topical melanotan that was being tested - if I recall correctly, it was a chap's leg which had tanned nicely only where the lotion was applied.

Personally speaking the holy grail is a melanotan that tans without uv, so a topical that mimicks the implant would be ideal.

Recently I have been using a topical mt2 from research labs and can confirm that it goes systemic - so far only mole darkening and no local tanning.
  14. #14 20th November 2014 
    Thanks

This is that mate, if it's the same Zalfa Abdel-Malek formula as she has talked about in her research it tans skin without need for UV.

"
    I'd be up for testing this, but couldn't afford the 200.

Interesting point is whether it would go systemic or act locally.

I remember on last forum someone posted a pic of a topical melanotan that was being tested - if I recall correctly, it was a chap's leg which had tanned nicely only where the lotion was applied.

Personally speaking the holy grail is a melanotan that tans without uv, so a topical that mimicks the implant would be ideal.

Recently I have been using a topical mt2 from research labs and can confirm that it goes systemic - so far only mole darkening and no local tanning.
    "
  15. #15 20th November 2014 
    Thanks

How much do you think you would need if it's a local effect (for an all over tan)

"
    Hi,*

my first step would be to see if there is a local or systemic effect* from the transcutaneous approach. If it's systemic than why bother with injections?.* If it's a only a local effect, it will be too expensive for all over use, so I would then go to plan b, which would be a dose escalation approach, starting off with a tiny amount and then slowly building up stepwise into I felt safe to inject 0.5mg, then maybe see what happened at that* dose in terms of melanogenesis v side effects.

"
  16. #16 20th November 2014 
    Thanks

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-07-topical-cream-tan-skin-melanoma.html

Just going off info like this, where it refers to the effects being achieved without sun exposure.

Also note with tests on the cadaver skin, they were trying to get it to melanocytes in the lower levels of skin. Surely if it was systemic they wouldn't be concerned with this?
  17. #17 21st November 2014 
    Thanks

Why not.

"
    Hi,*

"
  18. #18 22nd November 2014 
    Thanks

Hi all,

So it seems that there are a few of us interested in taking this further.

The first step is to make sure that that the tripeptide structure is correct.

The lead candidate listed in the patent is called LK-511, which is listed with the following chemical formula]
    Ph(CH2)3CO-His-(D-4- Bip)-Arg-NH2

But there is no information as to the structure.

The peptide company I contacted gave me a rendition of how they think it would look]

But I'm not an organic chemist so I can't say if this is right, can anyone help?

DH
  19. #19 25th November 2014 
    Thanks

Hi all,

I've had some feedback on the peptide structure, from some chemists and it seems to be in order, The diagram shown seems to be the only way to put this peptide sequence together.

So... I think we are ready to go with this trial.

we need a couple of people willing to self-experimentl, I am one and I think Girlwhite would be up for this too?*

We will need 200mg to make this work for a topical and back up systemic trial, which would cost me about US $725 to put into action.

So now it's the question of financial contributions, I'm willing to put up $325 myself, could I ask for volunteers for the other $400?

If it works well enough, I will of share any remaining peptide for those people who have contributed.

Please help if you can.
  20. #20 25th November 2014 
    Thanks

Yes I'm happy to trial it. I have not had any mt2 since august so i will know if it works or not.