• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 10th November 2014 
    Thanks

Melanotan 2 and eyesight.

So i'm sure we have all heard of the guy who claimed he got a mole in his eye. However, i'm starting to wonder about the chances of this actually happening. First off, how do we know it wasn't a nevus?(A nevus (plural, nevi) in the eye is a common, benign, pigmented growth, similar to a mole on your skin. A nevus can occur either in the front of your eye, around the iris or colored part of the eye, or beneath the retina in the back of the eye. A nevus beneath the retina is called a choroidal nevus. Sometimes it is called a "freckle in the eye.")
    If it was a nevus then it is hard to say mt2 caused it.

Now lets say it was a mole and it was caused by mt2, well what are the chances of it occuring? How many people are currently taking mt2? 10,000? 20,000? 50,000? Perhaps one of our suppliers on the forums could give us a guess. And out of the number of users how many have experienced issues? I've read of two cases but there could be more.

Finally, what type of doses were the users who experienced eye issues taking? Was the issue fixable via contacts or glasses? I would appreciate any answers to these questions and then perhaps we can figure out what the real risks of taking mt2 are.
  2. #2 10th November 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Melanotan 2 and eyesight.

nwvus (a freckle or mole)is not a rare disorder it is called a common problem* and people with blue eyes are more at risk than dark eyed ones , your chance of devloping one with out or with MT2 are fairly good , the good thing is that they are for the most part harmless though should be watched for changes or growing in size as like any other mole , if you have a small one in eye the MT2 might cause groth or cause it to darken making it more visable , the only other problem that is caused indrectly by MT2(as most MT2 users sun more than others) use is damage to the eye caused by UV* if proper eye proction is not used.so trying to blame it on MT2 alone IMHO is hog wash.
  3. #3 11th November 2014 
    Thanks

"
    nwvus (a freckle or mole)is not a rare disorder it is called a common problem* and people with blue eyes are more at risk than dark eyed ones , your chance of devloping one with out or with MT2 are fairly good , the good thing is that they are for the most part harmless though should be watched for changes or growing in size as like any other mole , if you have a small one in eye the MT2 might cause groth or cause it to darken making it more visable , the only other problem that is caused indrectly by MT2(as most MT2 users sun more than others) use is damage to the eye caused by UV* if proper eye proction is not used.so trying to blame it on MT2 alone IMHO is hog wash.
    "

Exactly my point, people naturally blame whatever medication they are on when a medical complication arises.
  4. #4 11th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"

Exactly my point, people naturally blame whatever medication they are on when a medical complication arises.
    "

This exactly.

We've never had any reports of this happening and like most stories in the newspapers they should be treated as mildly exaggerated at best.

The main thing I believe is the media love a catchy headline and "Man has freckle in eye" sounds nowhere near as good as "Man almost blinded from Melanotan use!".
    It reminds me of one of the british articles (either the Sun or Mirror I think) where they had boldly stated along the lines of 'Woman, 19, dies in Melanotan related incident at tanning salon' and through the article it kept playing on this, then at the bottom in the small print was a note from the coroner stating explicitly it wasn't MT2 related, although it was present in her blood; but in fact due to other underlying issues.

Tom
  5. #5 11th November 2014 
    Thanks

I actually remeber reading that article Tom. If i remeber right she was 450 pounds or so(200kg), but i'm sure she was in perfect health before mt2.(sarcasm)
  6. #6 11th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    I actually remeber reading that article Tom. If i remeber right she was 450 pounds or so(200kg), but i'm sure she was in perfect health before mt2.(sarcasm)
    "

I didn't want to come out and mention her weight, but yes, that was the reason. I just find it unbelievable how they can twist it onto something completely unrelated.

Tom
  7. #7 11th November 2014 
    Thanks

what would sell more papers or get more listeners/ watchers , over weight woman dies from heart failure* or woman dies from using illegal drug in tanning salon* , reporters/broadcasters don't care if its the truth all they want is to keep the money coming in, then if caught in bold faced lie they just say they had a bad source and do a crappy apology(absence of malice)
  8. #8 11th November 2014 
    Thanks

Currently I haven't been using melanotan for many months because I am testing the alternatives but I've been taking daily injections for almost a year and been on M2 overall for more than six years, had bloodwork done on a regular basis and everything was fine.
    I know obese smokers judging me for using melanotan.
  9. #9 11th November 2014 
    Thanks

So I'm still curious, how many people are actually currently taking or have taken melanotan II? If 2 people out of 1000 then we're talking about a .0002% chance of eye issues, and i'm willing to guess the number of users is much higher than that.
  10. #10 11th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    So I'm still curious, how many people are actually currently taking or have taken melanotan II? If 2 people out of 1000 then we're talking about a .0002% chance of eye issues, and i'm willing to guess the number of users is much higher than that.
    "

Very understated. If you consider a few known facts]2009: journalists post containing information from ONLY 6 needle exchanges where more than 500 unique users used it for melanotan.
    Consider if they collected data from all of them, and that alone is just te people who exchange needles - most don't.

M.org had well over 5k users, and this site has a few thousand. While not all users (some could be getting info or lurking, but a small %)

Norwegian tabloid reports more than 10k needles are sold for mt1/2 usage a year. Again, consider online purchases.

There are many more figures but these are a small start.
  11. #11 12th November 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "

Very understated. If you consider a few known facts]2009: journalists post containing information from ONLY 6 needle exchanges where more than 500 unique users used it for melanotan.
    Consider if they collected data from all of them, and that alone is just te people who exchange needles - most don't.

M.org had well over 5k users, and this site has a few thousand. While not all users (some could be getting info or lurking, but a small %)

Norwegian tabloid reports more than 10k needles are sold for mt1/2 usage a year. Again, consider online purchases.

"

Tom i cant overstate how great it is to have people like you on these forums.
    I wonder if the Norwegian tabloid meant within Norway or world wide?
  12. #12 12th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    "

"

Tom i cant overstate how great it is to have people like you on these forums.
    I wonder if the Norwegian tabloid meant within Norway or world wide?
    "

Haha, thanks!

It was in reference to Norway alone. Or atleast people that were purchasing over the counter syringes in Norway and stated the use was for MT1 or 2. There could be additional users who were not asked, masked their intentions or refused to state what they were for, I doubt that it's a compulsory piece of information required for purchase.

Tom
  13. #13 12th November 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "

the chance of devloping a nevus on the eye without MT2 are* at 5 to 10% in the general population(pre Retina Vitieous Assn.) , so using the lower % 50 out of every 1000 could devlope a Nevus in the eye , though most don't know it.