• Forum Login or
  • Register

Thread: PT-141 vs MT-2

1. #1 8th November 2014 
    Thanks

PT-141 vs MT-2

Hi!

Questions for people who have used both MT-2 and PT-141. I don't expect anyone will have definitive answers to these questions but I would be interested to hear what you think based on on your experiences.

Libido boost

MT-2 boosts libido and PT-141 was derived to deliver that sexual benefit without tanning. My question is, mg for mg, which is the more potent libido boost?

Tanning

PT-141 is not supposed to cause tanning, but in practice it does. My question is can you estimate the equivalence? eg is it possible to say 1mg of PT-141 tans like 100mcg of MT-2, or something like that?

Thanks for your thoughts.
  2. #2 8th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: PT-141 vs MT-2

Mg per mg, MT-2 and PT-141 deliver an equivalent aphrodisiac experience. Good question about tanning, I believe it's possible (however pt-141 usage has never tanned my skin).
  3. #3 8th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Hi!

Questions for people who have used both MT-2 and PT-141. I don't expect anyone will have definitive answers to these questions but I would be interested to hear what you think based on on your experiences.

Libido boost

MT-2 boosts libido and PT-141 was derived to deliver that sexual benefit without tanning. My question is, mg for mg, which is the more potent libido boost?

Tanning

PT-141 is not supposed to cause tanning, but in practice it does. My question is can you estimate the equivalence? eg is it possible to say 1mg of PT-141 tans like 100mcg of MT-2, or something like that?

Thanks for your thoughts.
    "

I believe the main issue is reliability - and to an extent, side effects.

With MT2 you can get libido effects but they seem weaker and fleeting. A dosage of 1mg is sure to bring on a response but you can't accurately determine how strong or when it will happen as it varies from time to time. At this dosage things like nausea also make it difficult to use for this purpose.
    On the flip side you have PT141, a dose as low as 500mcg will bring on a predictable and satisfactory response within a couple of hours, lasting for a couple of hours. However the true value of this peptide I found was that I was able to dose up to about 2mg and have onsets of a couple of hours and lasting for up to about 48 hours thereafter.* At this dosage there was still no sides other than flushing and it was a much better response than any MT2 use.
    The effects of both of these could be varied greatly for those experiencing issues such as ED, I'm not aware of such as I use it for recreational use.

As to the other question its pretty much the same in reverse. I've never frequently dosed on PT141, saving it for the occasional usage, as such I have never noticed tanning effects from this.

In summary, it wouldn't really be a sensible idea to use either for the other outcome and they should perhaps be used for their specified usage.

Tom
  4. #4 9th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Mg per mg, MT-2 and PT-141 deliver an equivalent aphrodisiac experience. Good question about tanning, I believe it's possible (however pt-141 usage has never tanned my skin).
    "

Its interesting you find it similar, it could be that I rarely edge above 500mcg for MT2 but can sometimes reach near abuse with the PT141 dosage and thus the effects seem much different.

You're an advocate of low MT2 doses, in your experience what do you find to be an adequate dosage of PT141?

Tom
  5. #5 9th November 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys!

As for the tanning aspect, I have not tried MT-2 but think 1.5mg of Bremelanotide once a week over several months has had an effect on me.

I'm border-line skin type 1/2 and never thought I could tan. As a child I spent a lot of time in the sun and got badly burnt, and then avoided the sun in adulthood. Skip forward a long time to last year when I was vitamin D deficient. I started lying in the sun for short periods (never enough to get burnt). I found this felt really nice and gradually increased the time over the summer. To my surprise I started to tan (well, some tanlines at least and my childhood freckles came back). But a couple of weeks after the summer the tan was gone.

During this year I have continued to get controlled exposure and the tanlines are more distinct (because I have been taking PT-141?). Also, it's now several weeks since I got much sun and the tanlines are still there. They are fading a bit but still very visible.* From what I read this skin darkening is not unknown. It must be very difficult to get perfect peptide synthisis and I suspect this must make mean that PT-141 is equivalent to very low doses of MT-2. But how much? 1mg of PT-141 equivalent to 100mcg MT-2 perhaps?

6. #6 9th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

It could be that your improved tanning schedule is the cause as it happened before PT141.
    Although it happened with PT141 and is seemingly better this could just be a perceived effect. Each subsequent year you should tan easier and slightly more and this could be what is happening.

There is a small chance of the peptide working as it affects the melanocortin 1 & 4 receptors.

Its also unlikely the synthesis is being imperfect. Ours (for both cases) come in at about >99.5%, there are a few articles on the web about imperfect synthesis. If you look at the sequences below you can see they are similar but with the vital change at the end of the sequence.

Amino acid sequences]MT2 -* * Ac-Nle-[/size]cyclo[/size][Asp-His-D[/size]-Phe-Arg-Trp-Lys]-NH
    [/size]PT141 - Ac-Nle-[/size]cyclo[/size][Asp-His-D[/size]-Phe-Arg-Trp-Lys]-OH
    [/size]
    [/size]Lastly I doubt anyone could give you an effectiveness ratio. If you had previous experience with MT2 you could potentially work it out from that.
    [/size]Using your 10][/size]However, I'm sure if it was that potent others would have reported results?
    [/size]
    [/size]Tom