• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 29th October 2014 
    Thanks

dosage melanotan

hello everyone

what is the right dose for melanotan 1? i read on the internet somewhere that the right dose is 0,08 till 0,20 mg per kilo of bodyweight, but i cant imagine that this is true.

(if someone who weight 60 kilo, use that dose, than that person need 4,8 till 12 mg?..)

the reason i will use melanotan 1 instead of melanotan 2 is because someone told me you get less new moles from melanotan 1 (and i have already a lot of moles).

thanks

2. #2 29th October 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: dosage melanotan

This would be better suited to the MT1 thread.

Average dose is about 1mg/day.
    And that weight was likely worked out on animals which react differently to humans.

Tom
  3. #3 29th October 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hey melam, welcome to the forum! The dosage range I have experience with and recommend is from .250-2000mcg, there is a wide range as the peptide is quite user-friendly (in 99.99% of cases, read about Melanotan 1 risks).
  4. #4 29th October 2014 
    Thanks

"
    This would be better suited to the MT1 thread. ]
    And that weight was likely worked out on animals which react differently to humans.

Tom
    "

There have been numerous studies of MT-1 with humans.

The implant form was just approved for a certain disease in Europe. I don't know if implant dosage is different than injection, but the implant is 16mg every 60 days. That's about .25mg per day. Using that dose long term is almost certainly safe.

Short term, as high as .4mg/kg has been tested with no serious side effects. The optimal dose was determined to be .16mg/kg. http://www.researchgate.net/publication/232075462_Effects_of_a_potent_synthetic_melanotropin_Nle4-D-Phe7--MSH_(Melanotan-I)_on_tanning_a_dose-ranging_study
    That's a big dose.
    I don't have personal experience with the drug so listen to what they say too.
  5. #5 29th October 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    "

Tom

"

The implant form was just approved for a certain disease in Europe. I don't know if implant dosage is different than injection, but the implant is 16mg every 60 days. That's about .25mg per day. Using that dose long term is almost certainly safe.

Short term, as high as .4mg/kg has been tested with no serious side effects. The optimal dose was determined to be .16mg/kg. http://www.researchgate.net/publicat...-ranging_study
    That's a big dose.
    "

I wasn't debating whether there had been human studies, I mean his reference to 0.2mg/kg (200mcg/kg) is likely from an animal study. To suggest 20mg as a reasonable dose for me would be ridiculous.

And although it may be safe, to maintain a dosing schedule along those lines would price up to be astronomical - with, I'm sure, very little additional benefit.

Tom
  6. #6 29th October 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "

Tom

"

Short term, as high as .4mg/kg has been tested with no serious side effects. The optimal dose was determined to be .16mg/kg. http://www.researchgate.net/publication/232075462_Effects_of_a_potent_synthetic_melanotropin_Nle4-D-Phe7--MSH_(Melanotan-I)_on_tanning_a_dose-ranging_study
    That's a big dose.
    "

I wasn't debating whether there had been human studies, I mean his reference to 0.2mcg/kg is likely from an animal study. To suggest 20mg as a reasonable dose for me would be ridiculous.

And although it may be safe, to maintain a dosing schedule along those lines would price up to be astronomical - with, I'm sure, very little additional benefit.

Tom
    "

Agreed. The study used .16, .26, and .4 mg/kg I think and determined .26 and .4 had no additional benefit, so the optimal dose could very well be less than .16 mg/kg.
  7. #7 31st October 2014 
    Thanks

okay thanks everybody for the fast reply. my other question: what is a good schedule to start with it? i dont really know how i can build up (skintype 1)

and 'melanotan', which dose did you use with melanotan 1 and what' s your skintype?